Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › choose for me - Shure SE530, UE Triple.fi 10, Westone UM2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

choose for me - Shure SE530, UE Triple.fi 10, Westone UM2

post #1 of 25
Thread Starter 
I just can't make up my mind on this. I love UE, got the metro.fi 2 and 100's, but i'm looking for a new experience. so decide for me please? got about £200 (coming soon) but i also want to invest in custom molds for whatever pair i get. if you've got any advice/experience with custom molds, I'd like to hear.
post #2 of 25
custom molds are nice but no matter what can they will stick further out of your ears. Take that into account
post #3 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyb213 View Post
custom molds are nice but no matter what can they will stick further out of your ears. Take that into account
but do they stay in position better than the standard earbuds?
post #4 of 25
stay in position? they don't fall out or move around at all, but they make the iem stick out further from your ear which some people hate since it is not as flush and I guess looks weird
post #5 of 25
if u're going for custom molds you might as well sell your universals and get real customs, or in your case, not get the universals, and just get to customs
post #6 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by athenaesword View Post
if u're going for custom molds you might as well sell your universals and get real customs, or in your case, not get the universals, and just get to customs
something like these you mean?

Custom Fit Earbuds - In Ear Monitors - Custom Fit Headphones - Running Headphones - The FreQ
post #7 of 25
Thread Starter 
O.K. lets try this another way. Let's start with fitting. which one fits the best?
post #8 of 25
Custom IEM fits the best obviously, because it's done for your ears only.
From universals Westones are known for their comfort, which i guess comes from the fit. Actually I'm not guessing since I own a pair of Westones.
post #9 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferros View Post
Custom IEM fits the best obviously, because it's done for your ears only.
From universals Westones are known for their comfort, which i guess comes from the fit. Actually I'm not guessing since I own a pair of Westones.
And are they good at staying in position?
post #10 of 25
Customs - I have no idea since i will get them later this year, but since they fit into your ear, they don't have too much space to wriggle.
And Westones (with Shure olives foamies) are staying in their position nicely and are very comfortable. Actually I bought Westones because of their comfort.
post #11 of 25
I'd go for the SE530s. Personally I spend a LOT of time with these in my ears at work so comfort is really important. I've used both the SE530s and UE10s. They are pretty even in SQ (better low end on SE530, better his on UE10s) for me but the Shures are WAY more comfortable.
post #12 of 25
I' d go with the SE530s. Way more comfortable. Depends how long you use them at a stretch. The UE10s have better his (and worse lows) but I've found I cant use them for more than 20-30 mins at a time.
post #13 of 25
custome tips on triple fi 10, lol if i seen you walk down the street id have to laff.

i voted se530, just because it sounds a little smoother and tighter than um2 and you wont look like a dork
post #14 of 25
Are these suggestions being made simply based off of technical specifications?
I find it somewhat weird that people are fine with giving suggestions without knowledge of the type of music he will be using them for..
post #15 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by radlux View Post
I' d go with the SE530s. Way more comfortable. Depends how long you use them at a stretch. The UE10s have better his (and worse lows) but I've found I cant use them for more than 20-30 mins at a time.
i agree about the hi's lol and lows of the headphones you speak about but it sounds like your ue10's need a re-fit as they really should be as comfy as any universal, thats the whole point of them.

i also prefer the mids of the se530 to the ue10, but its close and the soundstage is a little better on ue10.

se530 with custom tips...i imagine would be superb (i dont have custom tips), easily on par with ue10's, certainly more for fun tho.

i think tho, if your gonna get se530 or um2 or triple fi with custom tips then maybe you should just get cheaper customs...livewires etc, you may be more pleased as they are unique to you
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › choose for me - Shure SE530, UE Triple.fi 10, Westone UM2