- 211 Posts. Joined 4/2007
- Location: Hawaii
- Select All Posts By This User
- productGrado RS1tagged by System, 4/22/11
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 4/22/11
- productGrado SR-325i Prestige Series Headphonestagged by System, 4/22/11
- productGrado SR60 Headphonestagged by System, 4/22/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/22/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/22/11
Related Forum Threads
- SR60-Mod part II Last post on 3/10/14 at 7:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- A Grado Head With A Fostex Fetish Last post on 8/1/12 at 6:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado soundstage Last post on 10/5/11 at 11:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado SR225. Last post on 9/17/11 at 6:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sell everything for a RS1? Last post on 10/9/11 at 5:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Summary: These headphones give an accurate picture of what the producers had in mind when they mixed their music because they have a well-balanced, present, but not over-powering bass. Songs...
My current set. My favorite and my private oasis. These beauties will cut out most if not all ambient noise like while driving in a car and household noise when the music is flowing. I became a fan...
I was asked to listen to the Musical Fidelity MF100 and received them about 4 weeks ago. I get quite a lot of headphones through my door, I only review the ones I like and I like these a lot. I...
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
How long does Grado Labs take to repair headphones?post #1 of 1211/5/08 at 4:29pmThread StarterHello all, I was wondering how long it takes Grado Labs to repair a pair of headphones? I sent in my Grado RS-1 two weeks ago and I still haven't gotten them back so I'm getting kind of worried.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1211/5/08 at 5:33pmwhen i sent my sr80's, it took a few days to get there (i tracked it)
after they received it, it took them maybe a week and a half to fix it. plus another ~week to get them back to my doorstep. i got them back in less than 3 weeks from when i sent them
nice avi (;post #3 of 1211/5/08 at 5:46pmThread Starterpost #4 of 1211/5/08 at 6:09pmpost #5 of 1211/5/08 at 6:13pmHave you contacted Grado? Do you know if they have your phones yet? If they have them, send an email asking about the time-lines. A total 3 week turn-around which includes shipping is actually quite quick for any company.post #6 of 1211/5/08 at 7:00pmpost #7 of 1211/5/08 at 8:51pmwooden grados are a little bit different. they dont open the chamber if it is too cold. they just wait until it is good to go. i once waited more than 3-4 months for rs-1 repair.post #8 of 1211/6/08 at 11:07amThread StarterWow, 3-4 months? That's pretty nuts, good thing I have the SR-225's to tide me over. I haven't bothered to contact Grado Labs yet because I wouldn't know what to say. "Hi, I have a pair of headphones that I sent in for repair, I have no RMA number and no tracking number, just my address, can you help me?" I know they were delivered on time because I put tracking on the package but I accidentally threw the receipt away so now I don't have it anymore.post #9 of 1211/6/08 at 11:23ampost #10 of 1211/6/08 at 11:46ampost #11 of 124/20/11 at 6:45pm
How can it take 3 to 4 months to fix a Grado RS1. Its been two weeks now for me. Really hope it doesn't take more than a month.
I could see it taking a week or two because of the wood and glue aspect of a grado rs1 but couple months is really long.post #12 of 124/20/11 at 6:48pm
I'm dealing with a repair incident right now with Grado for my SR325i headphones. I sent them in at the end of last week and in their e-mail with the mailing instructions, they indicated it would take them 2 weeks to perform the repairs and then the shipping would occur back to me after that. So, all in all, it should be about 3 weeks total for me based on their estimates. Then again, I'm only about 230 miles away from Brooklyn, NY.
- How long does Grado Labs take to repair headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 1 second ago
- › Darkvoice 336 + 336i Tuberolling [ tubes ] 18 seconds ago
- › Fiio E07K Andes USB DAC/Amp like new 57 seconds ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › New Audio Technica ATH-M50x with Removable Cable 2 minutes ago
- › The Basshead Club 3 minutes ago
- › what amp fits the BeyerDynamic DT-770 Pro 250 Ohm best? 3 minutes ago
- › FAW Hybrid Series USB Cable - 0.5m 3 minutes ago
- › How can you tell the size of your ears for iems ? 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by aeromaniac
- › Ultimate Ears 500 by echo1284
- › Musical Fidelity MF-100 High Quality On-Ear Headphones by astroid
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude