Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Best amp for HD650 quality/cost relation
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best amp for HD650 quality/cost relation - Page 3

post #31 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by olblueyez View Post
huh? Either way that laptop will not have the power to drive his nice headphones, why would you confuse the OP like this. Of course its worth it. He has a limited budget and now you wanna sell him a dac or something like that?
He is saying get a dac before an amp. I think.
post #32 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumbo View Post
He is saying get a dac before an amp. I think.
Please do make a list of Dac's that are capable of driving his dads 650s and AKGs, with tubes, and all for 300 bucks.
post #33 of 53
No, my laptop by itself only has a hp out. That circuit has an amp for driving hps. If it was a line out, it would be a fixed voltage for an preamp/amp feed and not going through a hp amp. My docking station has analog rca out as well as digital outs. Feeding the amp through an hp out vs a line out will make a difference in sound quality.
post #34 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Camper View Post
No, my laptop by itself only has a hp out. That circuit has an amp for driving hps. If it was a line out, it would be a fixed voltage for an preamp/amp feed and not going through a hp amp. My docking station has analog rca out as well as digital outs. Feeding the amp through an hp out vs a line out will make a difference in sound quality.
So basically what your saying that you don't have any recommendations for the OP. This thread is about helping someone choose an amplifier. What is it that your recommending? Line out, Headphone out, neither is great source but at least with an amp he can listen to his music without distortion and clipping.
post #35 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by olblueyez View Post
So basically what your saying that you don't have any recommendations for the OP. This thread is about helping someone choose an amplifier. What is it that your recommending? Line out, Headphone out, neither is great source but at least with an amp he can listen to his music without distortion and clipping.
well.. he can at least listen to it louder.. lol
post #36 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooeric View Post
well.. he can at least listen to it louder.. lol
Wouldnt it be better to just say " I would recommend you get him a Dac as well" or "You should tell him to get a Dac to go with his amp" and then make a recommendation?
KECES DA-151, USB DAC never sounded so good on computer - eBay (item 150307893556 end time Dec-03-08 08:17:01 PST)
post #37 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooeric View Post
well.. he can at least listen to it louder.. lol
I think if I were using an internal sound card like you are I would not be criticizing others.
post #38 of 53
Thread Starter 
Well obviously he has other places to use the amplifier, he also has some sansui vintage big amplifier.....still i think he will probably find a way to use it better after i give it to him....:P
post #39 of 53
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by olblueyez View Post
Wouldnt it be better to just say " I would recommend you get him a Dac as well" or "You should tell him to get a Dac to go with his amp" and then make a recommendation?
KECES DA-151, USB DAC never sounded so good on computer - eBay (item 150307893556 end time Dec-03-08 08:17:01 PST)
Thanks, i might tell him to get that later, anyway how do i connect it to the amp?do i use the left and right plugs directly and the Dac with the usb to the computer?
post #40 of 53
Amazon.com: AudioQuest Class A audio cable - mini to RCA plugs 2m (6.56') stereo pair: Electronics

That is 2 meters but its available shorter too.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BO860G?...0&linkCode=asn

Another solution is an adapter and then a nice RCA to RCA so he can use the same cable for other things like a CD player.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...S&linkCode=asm

http://www.onecall.com/ProductDetails.aspx?id=27335
post #41 of 53
For your price range, I would go for the Woo Audio 3 or the Eddie Current EC/SS.
post #42 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxrunner View Post
Well obviously he has other places to use the amplifier, he also has some sansui vintage big amplifier.....still i think he will probably find a way to use it better after i give it to him....:P
Now we're getting somewhere. So he can use this amp with more than his laptop.

Here is a nice little amp. It's been on here a while so offer him your top budget and see.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f42/si...5/#post4987545
post #43 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Camper View Post
Now we're getting somewhere. So he can use this amp with more than his laptop.

Here is a nice little amp. It's been on here a while so offer him your top budget and see.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f42/si...5/#post4987545

Show me one amp mentioned in this thread that cant be use with something else. Also that amp DOES NOT HAVE A VOLUME CONTROL!
post #44 of 53
Do you know what in the hell your talking about? If you know what a volume control knob is, you will see one in the middle of the amp in the first picture.

All these amps will do what the OP wants. I didn't say they didn't. I am making a contribution to the thread by making a recommendation. But I seem to be responding to your BS more which will now stop.

Your reputation is showing.
post #45 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Camper View Post
Do you know what in the hell your talking about? If you know what a volume control knob is, you will see one in the middle of the amp in the first picture.
You're joking, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibra View Post
Excellent condition single power PPX3. This particular unit does not have a volume control. The volume knob is there but it is not connected. I don't think you can just connect some wires to the main board. I used this amp with my 2 channel system with my preamp. You would need a way to control the volume.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Best amp for HD650 quality/cost relation