New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Phonak Audeo? - Page 85

post #1261 of 2281
Hooray for having a short upper body.
post #1262 of 2281
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstarn06 View Post
In fact, if you read this GD, do you always use an amp with the PFEs? Just curious.

First, this thread has exploded today...I come home from work with 4 new pages.

My new 8GB Clip is now ready to go, just got home with it thanks to bixby's "deal Alert" so I'll be trying it later. When I really need to travel light around the house while listening to my PFE I've been using my 1G touch or i7/T4 combo.

My 120 Classic/Pico combo is my preferred source but it requires one hand to be free to carry it but I do use this 90% of the time.
post #1263 of 2281
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatDane View Post
First, this thread has exploded today...I come home from work with 4 new pages.

My new 8GB Clip is now ready to go, just got home with it thanks to bixby's "deal Alert" so I'll be trying it later. When I really need to travel light around the house while listening to my PFE I've been using my 1G touch or i7/T4 combo.

My 120 Classic/Pico combo is my preferred source but it requires one hand to be free to carry it but I do use this 90% of the time.
Thanks. To be honest, the PFE does play well with my Touch 2G as well, no amp. But it's the only DAP I own that can really drive the PFEs properly. Not sure why, but it's the way it is for me.
post #1264 of 2281
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
Some do (SE530, SF5v2), as weird as it appears, but the PFE certainly have no burn-in time - only your brain needs to get accustomed to them.
and klipsch's iem's
post #1265 of 2281
Quote:
Thanks. To be honest, the PFE does play well with my Touch 2G as well, no amp. But it's the only DAP I own that can really drive the PFEs properly. Not sure why, but it's the way it is for me.
Can I ask if you use any EQ with your touch? I am using the gray filters with the olive tips and would like a tad more bass but if I try the bass booster it is way too much. I haven't found anything else that I like so I have the EQ turned off at the moment. I really don't want to have to add an amp but it's looking more likely the longer I keep the PFEs.
post #1266 of 2281
If all you feel is missing is bass, just get a Fiio E5 and be done with it.
post #1267 of 2281
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_don't_know View Post
Hooray for having a short upper body.
I don't know if my upper body is longer then yours kiddy-o, I am only 5ft 2 but I pack quite a punch!
post #1268 of 2281
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
Some do (SE530, SF5v2), as weird as it appears, but the PFE certainly have no burn-in time - only your brain needs to get accustomed to them.
Woops.. i meant "mental burn in" ..haha


From what i'm hearing right now, the pfe's have piercing high compared to the re2's. I'll try the filters in a bit.

Edit: Wow. The black filters boosted the bass and tamed the highs.. but it seems that a little detail has been lost
post #1269 of 2281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
I don't know if my upper body is longer then yours kiddy-o, I am only 5ft 2 but I pack quite a punch!
5'10" and pretty much all legs. In fact, I'll just measure my upper body to give you an idea of just how out of proportion I am (though somehow it isn't really noticeable unless I push in my thumb where my hips end. Then it's just like ).

18" from hip to ear. 19" from belly button to ear. 30" from bottom of pocket to ear (I don't wear my pants really low or anything. Think 4" from hip to pants waist and 8" from pants waist to the very bottom of the inside of my pocket.)

Basically, a 3' cable is plenty for me.
post #1270 of 2281
Quote:
If all you feel is missing is bass, just get a Fiio E5 and be done with it.
Seems like you can't go wrong for the price. Can you also recommend a cheap but decent LOD cable for the iPhone 3G? Have you used the E5/iPhone/PFE combination before. Wondering how it sounds?
post #1271 of 2281
The E5 is a really low-end amp (it's more of a volume/bass booster), so I couldn't imagine you really needing an upgrade LOD for it. And no I have not, I said that based on extensive reading (and I mean really extensive, just look at my post count. research is half the fun for me.)
post #1272 of 2281
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
Phonak group is the 3rd biggest after Senn and AKG.

Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio - Uncategorized
2ND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #1273 of 2281
Quote:
...I couldn't imagine you really needing an upgrade LOD for it
I don't have an LOD at all, much less an upgraded one. I'll browse some of the other threads and see if I can find a potential solution. Thanks!
post #1274 of 2281
I think it comes with a cable. It's nothing special, but then again, it's just a Fiio.
post #1275 of 2281
Quote:
I think it comes with a cable. It's nothing special, but then again, it's just a Fiio.
OK, I'm confused. My understanding is that I want to come out of the pre-amped line out from the connector at the bottom of the iPhone and not the headphone out 3.5mm jack from the top. From the E5 marketing it only looks like it only comes with the 3.5mm to 3.5mm cables.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: