Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Review: Woo Audio WA6 vs. WA6SE (stock units)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Review: Woo Audio WA6 vs. WA6SE (stock units) - Page 14

post #196 of 508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek N View Post
Where? Where? Where?

I find its hard to find these smaller/cheaper tubes.
I would like to know too! I'm getting a WA6SE.
post #197 of 508
I think WA6 SE sounds very good with 6EW7 clear top, better than 6DE7s including my 60's RCA 6DE7, RCA 6EW7, and GE 6EW7 fat bottle.
post #198 of 508

Are You...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_can View Post
I think WA6 SE sounds very good with 6EW7 clear top, better than 6DE7s including my 60's RCA 6DE7, RCA 6EW7, and GE 6EW7 fat bottle.
Are you referring to the Sylvania or Raytheon 6EW7 clear top, fat bottle tubes compared to your RCAs and GEs???

If so, they do seem to have greater resolution in the mids and highs, with slightly less bass emphasis. Very airy and open with lots of detail.
post #199 of 508
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshimao View Post
I would like to know too! I'm getting a WA6SE.
I am sorry if they still have it or not. I believe that I ordered everything they got which are 4 pairs of Tung Sol 6DE7.

Sorry. I was being little greedy, and since it was rather difficult to find, I wanted to have some extra stocks for future.
post #200 of 508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradofan2 View Post
Are you referring to the Sylvania or Raytheon 6EW7 clear top, fat bottle tubes compared to your RCAs and GEs???

If so, they do seem to have greater resolution in the mids and highs, with slightly less bass emphasis. Very airy and open with lots of detail.
I have one pair of Raytheon and one pair of Westinghouse. No idea who made for Westinghouse, but it sounds better than Raytheon's. You're absolutely right, the clear top 6EW7 has got loads of detail and sweet mids. Since I'm using Edition 9, the bass is just about right. I prefer them to all the 6DE7s and non-clear top 6EW7s I've got.
post #201 of 508
I am definitely preferring the 6EW7s with the GS1000s. They seem to balance the bass better with the mids and highs than do the 6DE7s.
post #202 of 508
Where are you guys finding the 6DE7 and 6EW7 tubes? I find most of the normal outlets don't carry them.
post #203 of 508
On the Bay and other online vendors such as Tubedepot and Tubeworld.
post #204 of 508
I got mine from thetubestore.com. You need to call them and ask what brands they have in stock. make sure they have 2 or more of the same brand and of the same vintage
post #205 of 508
Are the 6EW7s a direct replacement to the 6DE7s or do you need adapters to use them?
post #206 of 508
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleEs View Post
Are the 6EW7s a direct replacement to the 6DE7s or do you need adapters to use them?
No adapter needed with the 6 SE or the newer Standard 6 with the larger cutouts
post #207 of 508
Thanks, I got the older version
post #208 of 508
The older WA6 can take the thin RCA 6ew7 without an adaptor.
post #209 of 508
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmind View Post
The older WA6 can take the thin RCA 6ew7 without an adaptor.
That is a thin bottle 6EW7?
post #210 of 508
Yes, RCA made some. They are ok but nothing special to my ear.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Review: Woo Audio WA6 vs. WA6SE (stock units)