Is there anyone who prefers IE8 to the IE80. If so, please state your reasons. Am only interested in the sonic attributes. Thanks!
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/25/10
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 6/23/10
- productSennheiser CX95 Lightweight In-Ear Stereo Headphone with Noise-Cancelingtagged by System, 3/22/11
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productSennheiser MX500 Lightweight In-Ear Headphones (Blue)tagged by System, 4/26/11
- productSony Mdr-Ex700Lp Earbud Style Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 7/23/10
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- Quick Impression: Sony MDR-7550 Last post on 5/17/15 at 1:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Reserved Last post on 9/16/12 at 8:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- SM3 v2 or IE8 with TWAG custom cable? Last post on 2/21/12 at 6:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Universal IEMs that are STURDY? Last post on 6/3/11 at 8:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Mic remote for Senns IE8? Last post on 9/9/11 at 4:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I bought this headphone amp after having met Ray Samuels at a Headphone show. He made it absolutely clear how much he valued over-engineering his pieces and how much he prioritized long term...
I use this Headphone amp with my V-Moda M-100's. The 100's are just too "dark" without something to mitigate on the top octave's behalf. The OLED display is bright clean and easy to read. (A...
Build, Overall Usage: I have Sennheiser RS 130 for over 8 years now (and still lasting!) which says enough about their durability, and which is the most thing fascinating for me, I haven't...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank CTC Audio for providing me with a review sample of T-Peos Baguette IEMs in exchange for my honest opinion. This IEM is available at...
At the time this review was written, the T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid earphone was on sale for $79.00 USD on CTC Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Sennheiser IE8 Impressions Thread - Page 524
Gear mentioned in this thread:
IE80's bass after burn-in is deeper and cleaner. I've owned an IE8, genuine obviously, and after burn-in it didn't sound as sharp to the ears. However, even after burn-in the ie8 still had a hump in the mid bass as well as still being sharper in sound compared to the ie80 post burn. I'm at around 150 hours with the ie80 and the sound is improving slowly. It took me 300 - 400 hours to feel that the ie8 had reached its maximum potential.
Mid bass depends a lot on the source as well. I've tried a few and there are a few sources that gives the lower-mids a bump, causing mid bass to be sometimes untolerable without EQ'ing. That said the IE80 doesn't eliminate the mid bass complete, it simply improves upon it but it is still very evident. Now, IE800 is totally different story.
I'm considering changing the cable on my IE8 as well just to see how much difference it may make.
Well I got mine from Toxic Cables.
You have options of materials and connectors etc,
Heres the main thread on here -
Bear in mind the wait at the moment is around 8 weeks due to Frank being a one man band and hes working hard to catch up on all orders.
Any tape will do. I used spare Scotch tape on my IE80s. I'd try and avoid really strong adhesives though, I just rather like to keep the faceplate the way it is. I like the sound of the tape mod, so I hope it works out for you :P
I just got black insulating tape. Worried it might be leave too sticky a residue though.
Just cover the bass knobs or the whole face plate?
I just cover the bass ports with a tiny square of transparent tape. I think insulating tape might leave a residue depending on the quality of the tape. I tried covering the whole faceplate, but I found the tape edges to be uncomfortable if they touched my ears.
- Sennheiser IE8 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sennheiser RS220 Availability? 16 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 43 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 48 seconds ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 1 minute ago
- › CanJam London 2015 Is Official! August 29-30, 2015! 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum VS V-MODA M-100?? 3 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 3 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 4 minutes ago
- › WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!! 6 minutes ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 6 minutes ago
- › Ray Samuels P-51 Mustang by Zennheiser
- › FiiO E17 by Zennheiser
- › Sennheiser RS 130 Wireless Surround Sound Headphones by Tail
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - AT&T - Black by snellemin
- › OPPO HA-2 by gerelmx1986
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by peareye
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by dnun8086
- › Luxury & Precision LP5 32bit DSD Portable Lossless Music Player by daduy
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2