Is there anyone who prefers IE8 to the IE80. If so, please state your reasons. Am only interested in the sonic attributes. Thanks!
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/25/10
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 6/23/10
- productSennheiser CX95 Lightweight In-Ear Stereo Headphone with Noise-Cancelingtagged by System, 3/22/11
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productSennheiser MX500 Lightweight In-Ear Headphones (Blue)tagged by System, 4/26/11
- productSony Mdr-Ex700Lp Earbud Style Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 7/23/10
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- Quick Impression: Sony MDR-7550 Last post on 2/15/15 at 12:20pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Reserved Last post on 9/16/12 at 8:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- SM3 v2 or IE8 with TWAG custom cable? Last post on 2/21/12 at 6:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Universal IEMs that are STURDY? Last post on 6/3/11 at 8:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Mic remote for Senns IE8? Last post on 9/9/11 at 4:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Got one of these for a downstairs/bedroom system I'm trying to put together for peanuts. For your money, you get a very well made little steel box, crinkle finished, painted silver. You can see...
Foreword As the creator of the Titan 1 thread on head-fi, I have most of the information given here placed in the thread; however, this review is a coalescing and enhancement of the various...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Master & Dynamic for providing me with a review sample of ME03 in exchange for my honest opinion. Master & Dynamic definitely knows how to build...
Hey the bang for your buck ratio is great for these. I got them years ago for $500. I've been using them to replace the little tin box in my TV for years. The satellite surrounds are ignored/not...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Sennheiser IE8 Impressions Thread - Page 524
Gear mentioned in this thread:
IE80's bass after burn-in is deeper and cleaner. I've owned an IE8, genuine obviously, and after burn-in it didn't sound as sharp to the ears. However, even after burn-in the ie8 still had a hump in the mid bass as well as still being sharper in sound compared to the ie80 post burn. I'm at around 150 hours with the ie80 and the sound is improving slowly. It took me 300 - 400 hours to feel that the ie8 had reached its maximum potential.
Mid bass depends a lot on the source as well. I've tried a few and there are a few sources that gives the lower-mids a bump, causing mid bass to be sometimes untolerable without EQ'ing. That said the IE80 doesn't eliminate the mid bass complete, it simply improves upon it but it is still very evident. Now, IE800 is totally different story.
I'm considering changing the cable on my IE8 as well just to see how much difference it may make.
Well I got mine from Toxic Cables.
You have options of materials and connectors etc,
Heres the main thread on here -
Bear in mind the wait at the moment is around 8 weeks due to Frank being a one man band and hes working hard to catch up on all orders.
Any tape will do. I used spare Scotch tape on my IE80s. I'd try and avoid really strong adhesives though, I just rather like to keep the faceplate the way it is. I like the sound of the tape mod, so I hope it works out for you :P
I just got black insulating tape. Worried it might be leave too sticky a residue though.
Just cover the bass knobs or the whole face plate?
I just cover the bass ports with a tiny square of transparent tape. I think insulating tape might leave a residue depending on the quality of the tape. I tried covering the whole faceplate, but I found the tape edges to be uncomfortable if they touched my ears.
- Sennheiser IE8 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 37 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 3 minutes ago
- › The AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Second Generation (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Should I mod my XB700? 5 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions,... 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker... by NightFlight
- › Emotiva Stealth Eight by Audiobahn808
- › AKG K7XX by Change is Good
- › Symphonized Wraith Premium Genuine Wood Headphones by cmdrmcgarrett
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by Dogmatrix
- › Monoprice MHP-839 by engineerd3d
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3