Is there anyone who prefers IE8 to the IE80. If so, please state your reasons. Am only interested in the sonic attributes. Thanks!
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/25/10
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 6/23/10
- productSennheiser CX95 Lightweight In-Ear Stereo Headphone with Noise-Cancelingtagged by System, 3/22/11
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productSennheiser MX500 Lightweight In-Ear Headphones (Blue)tagged by System, 4/26/11
- productSony Mdr-Ex700Lp Earbud Style Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 7/23/10
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- Quick Impression: Sony MDR-7550 Last post on 6/3/15 at 6:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Reserved Last post on 9/16/12 at 8:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- SM3 v2 or IE8 with TWAG custom cable? Last post on 2/21/12 at 6:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Universal IEMs that are STURDY? Last post on 6/3/11 at 8:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Mic remote for Senns IE8? Last post on 9/9/11 at 4:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
These are simply the best sounding headphones I have ever owned (and I've owned and sold a lot of them). They are sublimely smooth, yet detailed without the least bit of harshness at all in the...
These were my first pair of cans that I consider my baptism of audiophile stuff. I used them with Fiio E10 as dac and Schiit Asgard as amp. Yes, they sounded good, but not as good as my...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Sennheiser IE8 Impressions Thread - Page 524
Gear mentioned in this thread:
IE80's bass after burn-in is deeper and cleaner. I've owned an IE8, genuine obviously, and after burn-in it didn't sound as sharp to the ears. However, even after burn-in the ie8 still had a hump in the mid bass as well as still being sharper in sound compared to the ie80 post burn. I'm at around 150 hours with the ie80 and the sound is improving slowly. It took me 300 - 400 hours to feel that the ie8 had reached its maximum potential.
Mid bass depends a lot on the source as well. I've tried a few and there are a few sources that gives the lower-mids a bump, causing mid bass to be sometimes untolerable without EQ'ing. That said the IE80 doesn't eliminate the mid bass complete, it simply improves upon it but it is still very evident. Now, IE800 is totally different story.
I'm considering changing the cable on my IE8 as well just to see how much difference it may make.
Well I got mine from Toxic Cables.
You have options of materials and connectors etc,
Heres the main thread on here -
Bear in mind the wait at the moment is around 8 weeks due to Frank being a one man band and hes working hard to catch up on all orders.
Any tape will do. I used spare Scotch tape on my IE80s. I'd try and avoid really strong adhesives though, I just rather like to keep the faceplate the way it is. I like the sound of the tape mod, so I hope it works out for you :P
I just got black insulating tape. Worried it might be leave too sticky a residue though.
Just cover the bass knobs or the whole face plate?
I just cover the bass ports with a tiny square of transparent tape. I think insulating tape might leave a residue depending on the quality of the tape. I tried covering the whole faceplate, but I found the tape edges to be uncomfortable if they touched my ears.
- Sennheiser IE8 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 30 seconds ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 45 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 1 minute ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 1 minute ago
- › Naps feel great 2 minutes ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 2 minutes ago
- › Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Headphones for various heavy metal and other styles 3 minutes ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Amarra 3.0 4 minutes ago
- › Bluetooth receiver dual amplifier class1 NFC (black) [Japan Import] by peter123
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc by Mediahound
- › CEntrance HiFi-M8 by Mediahound
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by Mediahound
- › Audeze LCD3 Planar Magnetic Headphone by Mediahound
- › beyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphones by Meirelles
- › RHA T20 by ShreyasMax
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 by MacedonianHero
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Mediahound
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by peter123
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3