Is there anyone who prefers IE8 to the IE80. If so, please state your reasons. Am only interested in the sonic attributes. Thanks!
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/25/10
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 6/23/10
- productSennheiser CX95 Lightweight In-Ear Stereo Headphone with Noise-Cancelingtagged by System, 3/22/11
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productSennheiser MX500 Lightweight In-Ear Headphones (Blue)tagged by System, 4/26/11
- productSony Mdr-Ex700Lp Earbud Style Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 7/23/10
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- Quick Impression: Sony MDR-7550 Last post on 12/13/14 at 11:58pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Reserved Last post on 9/16/12 at 8:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- SM3 v2 or IE8 with TWAG custom cable? Last post on 2/21/12 at 6:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Universal IEMs that are STURDY? Last post on 6/3/11 at 8:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Mic remote for Senns IE8? Last post on 9/9/11 at 4:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
These have been part of my set-up for about 2 months. The set-up has consisted mainly of: Phonitor 2 fed by a Mdac or Dacmagic (Main Rig) Portable use saw it used with a NuForce Udac Gaming...
Experience with Customer Service In case you want to see a video review, search youtube for "Jaybird Real time Review" and my video should be first on the list. I'm going to start by saying...
Just bought it over two months ago. It really added another dimension to the sound of music played in my macbook (since I used to listen to my itunes using the headphone jack) I notice details in...
Intro Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Scott Byrer, Director of Marketing at Master & Dynamic for...
Package & Build: FiiO X3 comes in a nice box with adapter and micro USB cable, as well as a nice soft silicone sleeve to protect the player. It is built very nicely, has some retro touch to it...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Sennheiser IE8 Impressions Thread - Page 524
Gear mentioned in this thread:
IE80's bass after burn-in is deeper and cleaner. I've owned an IE8, genuine obviously, and after burn-in it didn't sound as sharp to the ears. However, even after burn-in the ie8 still had a hump in the mid bass as well as still being sharper in sound compared to the ie80 post burn. I'm at around 150 hours with the ie80 and the sound is improving slowly. It took me 300 - 400 hours to feel that the ie8 had reached its maximum potential.
Mid bass depends a lot on the source as well. I've tried a few and there are a few sources that gives the lower-mids a bump, causing mid bass to be sometimes untolerable without EQ'ing. That said the IE80 doesn't eliminate the mid bass complete, it simply improves upon it but it is still very evident. Now, IE800 is totally different story.
I'm considering changing the cable on my IE8 as well just to see how much difference it may make.
Well I got mine from Toxic Cables.
You have options of materials and connectors etc,
Heres the main thread on here -
Bear in mind the wait at the moment is around 8 weeks due to Frank being a one man band and hes working hard to catch up on all orders.
Any tape will do. I used spare Scotch tape on my IE80s. I'd try and avoid really strong adhesives though, I just rather like to keep the faceplate the way it is. I like the sound of the tape mod, so I hope it works out for you :P
I just got black insulating tape. Worried it might be leave too sticky a residue though.
Just cover the bass knobs or the whole face plate?
I just cover the bass ports with a tiny square of transparent tape. I think insulating tape might leave a residue depending on the quality of the tape. I tried covering the whole faceplate, but I found the tape edges to be uncomfortable if they touched my ears.
- Sennheiser IE8 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Chord Hugo 1 second ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 14 seconds ago
- › Do I need a DAC? 45 seconds ago
- › AudioGD DI-DSP 2 minutes ago
- › The Opamp thread 3 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 3 minutes ago
- › WTB : Fostex T50RP Unmodded. Also Broken Pair OK. 5 minutes ago
- › Dunu DN-2000 - Hybrid Impressions Thread (It's Here!) 7 minutes ago
- › EarSonics Velvet universal custom in ear monitor with three sound... 10 minutes ago
- › iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Audio Quality 10 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by CJ09
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by ActiveTechREV
- › Maverick Audio TubeMagic D1 Plus DAC by lalojimenez
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by thatBeatsguy
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by Tail
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Airwin
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by Rogerlabarrie
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by conquerator2
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by Donnyboy98
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by cuiter23
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3