Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Sennheiser IE8 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser IE8 Impressions Thread - Page 520

post #7786 of 8031

Anyone tried to put IE 8 and IE80 on the same cable ? ( Just for fun )

Currently i have both of them:) And i got this idea while driving to work:) Maybe i'll try it today :)

post #7787 of 8031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladimir_F1 View Post

Anyone tried to put IE 8 and IE80 on the same cable ? ( Just for fun )

Currently i have both of them:) And i got this idea while driving to work:) Maybe i'll try it today :)


From what I heard the IE8 cable sounds warmer, more mid bass. While the IE80 cable is a bit more balanced.

post #7788 of 8031

Seems like a lot of these deals are non-US. Anyone know the cheapest place to get them in the US from an authorized dealer? Seems like RazorDog doesn't have any anymore - at least not currently listed.

post #7789 of 8031

I'm just wondering. Why is it that the IE8 is still $299.99 and the IE80/800 have been released? When newer and more efficient products are released, doesn't the predecessor's price drop significantly?  

post #7790 of 8031

i want to buy these but im afriad they might be too bass heavy, i want them for the sound stage
 

post #7791 of 8031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niyologist View Post

I'm just wondering. Why is it that the IE8 is still $299.99 and the IE80/800 have been released? When newer and more efficient products are released, doesn't the predecessor's price drop significantly?  

Looks like this rule not works with Sennheiser :)

post #7792 of 8031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladimir_F1 View Post

Looks like this rule not works with Sennheiser smily_headphones1.gif

That's definitely true. The VSonic VC02 has removable cables and it cost about $40.
post #7793 of 8031
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalki11 View Post

i want to buy these but im afriad they might be too bass heavy, i want them for the sound stage
 

Bass heavy, that's an understatement...They are fun to listen though, give them a try, you may like their sound.

post #7794 of 8031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrafts View Post

Bass heavy, that's an understatement...They are fun to listen though, give them a try, you may like their sound.

 



someone said they have a V shape sound  bass/treble

post #7795 of 8031
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalki11 View Post

 



someone said they have a V shape sound  bass/treble

Its not that they have a TON of bass (they are clearly bass heavy but not overpowering) but the mids are recessed so it makes the bass stand out.  The soundstage is unreal for an iem and its a fun sound. 

post #7796 of 8031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrafts View Post

Bass heavy, that's an understatement...They are fun to listen though, give them a try, you may like their sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jham1496 View Post

Its not that they have a TON of bass (they are clearly bass heavy but not overpowering) but the mids are recessed so it makes the bass stand out.  The soundstage is unreal for an iem and its a fun sound. 

 

Going by Headroom's frequency response graphs, you're both right in some way. On their raw graph (to the left), the IE8 look V-shaped with recessed mids.

However, the HRTF-adjusted graph (to the right) shows them as pretty well balanced between mids and highs, but with a substantial mid-bass hump:

 

 

 

In my personal experience a -8db@100Hz equalisation clears the mids up nicely and makes them sound very balanced overall.

post #7797 of 8031

I got tired of the midbass hump and found that it made the mid's fairly recessed at times, or the mids are just tuned that way. The graphs say it all to be honest. As recessed as people say the vocals are on the TF10's I found them less recessed than the IE8's by a pretty large margin. I loved the IE8's though, I wouldn't shy away if you can live with vocals being recessed at times. The soundstage was staggering though, very impressive for an IEM, I miss that about them a lot. I have kind of been more onto cans lately though, now that I'm not going to and from school right now and working a job where IEM's aren't an option. I do most of my listening at home. I'm listening to my JVC FXT90's (love these things) right now though. IEM's always have a place in my heart and I still really want customs. Enough of that though. Anyways... like above, equalizing them really balances them out, but I'm a purist so I don't like EQing... I like to hear things the way they came. I will EQ in a vehicle when setting up a system but that's entirely different in my opinion. If you have no problem EQing then pick up the IE8's, or just listen as is. The goods outweigh the bads by miles. Wish I still had them, like I said, sold them to my father, on top of that though they got stolen when he was in Quebec so I can't audition them anymore :(

post #7798 of 8031

The tape mod and silver cable does wonders on them ;).
 

post #7799 of 8031
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

The tape mod and silver cable does wonders on them wink.gif.

 

Forgot about those silver cables, never had the chance, read good things though.
post #7800 of 8031
Quote:
Originally Posted by YGuyG View Post


Forgot about those silver cables, never had the chance, read good things though.


Yep. They add more detail to the sound, particularly in treble and a bit more emphasis on treble. Mids also become clearer and slightly come more forward. Mid bass tightens while sub bass seems to be more controlled. The sound stage gets a tad wider. But still the tape mod is gonna have an even bigger impact on the sound and once I got used to the sound and went back to stock. The IE80s sounded horrible. Just muddy and bloated. So the tape mod and silver cable made them much better. Mid-centric even. Treble is very detailed yet has that smooth nature,  but in now way laid back. Sorry to say that. After the mod they are not laid back. Also I noticed after a couple days of keeping them this way sub bass gained more impact. I mean quite a bit more. What slam! Totally focused on sub bass after the mod.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Sennheiser IE8 Impressions Thread