Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/25/10
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 6/23/10
- productSennheiser CX95 Lightweight In-Ear Stereo Headphone with Noise-Cancelingtagged by System, 3/22/11
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productSennheiser MX500 Lightweight In-Ear Headphones (Blue)tagged by System, 4/26/11
- productSony Mdr-Ex700Lp Earbud Style Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 7/23/10
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- Quick Impression: Sony MDR-7550 Last post on 10/7/16 at 12:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Reserved Last post on 9/16/12 at 8:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- SM3 v2 or IE8 with TWAG custom cable? Last post on 2/21/12 at 6:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Universal IEMs that are STURDY? Last post on 6/3/11 at 8:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Mic remote for Senns IE8? Last post on 9/9/11 at 4:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
For larger (1200x800) images, simply click any photoINTRODUCTIONAhhh – the portable amplifier – one of the audio enthusiast's more misunderstood tools / assets. For the beginner, there...
Preamble: I have already reviewed some of 1MORE’s and Xiaomi’s audio products in the past and all of them offered a great sound experience for their very reasonable price point. The...
I love the openness and light weight of earbuds, unfortunately those earbuds I tried such as OMX95, MX375, were lack of bass and musicality. Then I found Fiio EM3 is under $10 and got good review,...
I had K3003i with a custom cable. I bough it used and the cable had been replaced and the seller assured not sound different to original I loved it. I used it with Fiio X3 2nd Gen. I liked the...
Compared to nothing (in the way of noise cancelling) these are better than that. Damning with faint praise? Yeah, I guess so, but really what can you expect for the price. Sony makes a product...
Sennheiser IE8 Impressions Thread - Page 513
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7682 of 80822/29/12 at 11:17pm
Sorry dibidaddy this is not the case. They do not sound exactly the same. They rather sound quite different considering the IE8s bloated mid bass hump. Believe what you want though. I've owned both and know for myself.post #7683 of 80823/1/12 at 7:41amQuote:
^ 2X...I agree w/lee: IE-8's 'require' taming (EQ) of their 100Hz hump to sound best.post #7684 of 80823/5/12 at 6:58pm
had my ie80s for 2 days now and put in about 15 hours burn in, bass is a lot nicer now than out of the box and they look very very nice but they sound identical to my ie8s so im sending them back and getting another pair. maybe they are faulty but ill see when i get another set back.post #7685 of 80823/5/12 at 7:51pm
Absolutely ridiculous. If you don't want any bass humps then why would you buy the IE8/IE80 in the first place?
No it's not faulty, it's just that all the FOTM followers who bought this would like you to believe that there is an actual difference between the two. Your new set will sound exactly the same as the one you sent back, I guarantee it.
Quote:Originally Posted by Samsara
had my ie80s for 2 days now and put in about 15 hours burn in, bass is a lot nicer now than out of the box and they look very very nice but they sound identical to my ie8s so im sending them back and getting another pair. maybe they are faulty but ill see when i get another set back.post #7686 of 80823/5/12 at 8:01pmpost #7687 of 80823/6/12 at 3:14ampost #7688 of 80823/6/12 at 4:58amQuote:
You know Samsara I'm looking at your sig and am curious if that iPod classic is giving you the illusion. I've heard they pair really well with the IE8 due to lacking in the bass department themselves. Can you try out different sources and let me know. Do you use EQ on the IE8? Generally every source I used with the IE8 needed some form of EQ to get rid of the mid bass hump. I must admit though that the iPhone 4 did a pretty good job at driving the IE8 but there was still too much mid bass for my taste.
Edited by lee730 - 3/6/12 at 5:00ampost #7689 of 80823/6/12 at 7:37amWell, it's not like the IE8 have a bass hump and the IE80 are flat, lol. From my A/B tests there's only about a 5db difference and granted, the IE80's bass peak is somewhat shifted towards deep bass. But overall these are still two bassy IEMs that are far more alike than different.post #7690 of 80823/7/12 at 9:51ampost #7691 of 80823/7/12 at 10:13am
Cable raping is not illegal (yet) but is certainly something we frown upon here at Head Fi. Please don't do it, it's disgusting...post #7692 of 80823/7/12 at 10:32amQuote:Originally Posted by james444
Well, it's not like the IE8 have a bass hump and the IE80 are flat, lol. From my A/B tests there's only about a 5db difference and granted, the IE80's bass peak is somewhat shifted towards deep bass. But overall these are still two bassy IEMs that are far more alike than different.
For me James is a big difference. It goes from just right to completely overboard and downright muddy when comparing the two. I guess not everyone is as sensitive to it but for me its quite a noticeable difference. The source will also exasperate this as most sources will add to the IE8s mid bass.post #7693 of 80823/7/12 at 11:04am
I just jumped the gun on the Sennheiser IE80's.
Will these be decently driven by a macbookpro 2011 and an Ipod Nano 4thgen? Or do i need an amp?
And also, is the build quality solid? Because i tend to be sloppy with my stuff (will probably just store them in pocket of jeans if i'm not wearing them)post #7694 of 80823/7/12 at 12:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by lee730
For me James is a big difference. It goes from just right to completely overboard and downright muddy when comparing the two. I guess not everyone is as sensitive to it but for me its quite a noticeable difference. The source will also exasperate this as most sources will add to the IE8s mid bass.
Sure, a small difference for some may well be significant for others. But a source that adds to the IE8's mid bass would also add to the IE80's mid bass, so the difference would still stay the same, wouldn't it?post #7695 of 80823/7/12 at 12:23pmQuote:
I have my IE8s stored in a Otterbox 1000 also and have had no issues. It's just a great cable, I wish other companies could learn from it. Two and a half + years and still in excellent shape. I bought the IE8i cable and it was not nearly as good.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › The Zishan dsd's corner 14 seconds ago
- › Aftermarket Audeze LCD-2 cables 27 seconds ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › π Audio - "Pai Audio" 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 2 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Howdy! 3 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 3 minutes ago
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds 3 minutes ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › Shinrico E11 Portable Headphone Amplifier by crabdog
- › FiiO A5 Portable Headphone Amplifier by Brooko
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by HiFiChris
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Joeng Zeon
- › AKG K3003 by sanjeewasam
- › Sony MDRNC8/BLK Noise Canceling Headphone, Black by dalesky
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by dalesky
- › Don Scorpio Bass Colour by B9Scrambler
- › Xiaomi Mi Hybrid Earphone In-Ear Headphones Multi-unit Circle Iron... by junhawng
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H3 by 8hours
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear