Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Sennheiser IE8 Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser IE8 Appreciation Thread - Page 527

post #7891 of 8020

Hmm.... I liked what I heard pretty much everywhere except the bass, so I'll give this a go! I had originally covered up the entire face (or nearly so) of the IE8 with a single layer of basic scotch tape. I'll give the two-layers-and-a-pinhole mod a try. Thanks for the tip, bro!!

post #7892 of 8020
Or get rid of the IE8's and buy something less flawed. Worked for me!👹
post #7893 of 8020
Quote:
Originally Posted by james444 View Post

Hmm, but the IE8/80 aren't closed, since their bass screw works as an adjustable vent. So wouldn't removing the bass screw do pretty much the same as punching holes into the housing?
That's what I thought initially as well. However even with these holes the bass is still responding to the bass knob and tape mod. I also didn't want to completely destroy the IE8 by removing the bass screw as it is attached to the driver. I think the bass screw only allows air towards the tube between it and the driver which i guess only regulates the bass notes.

Anyhow, I dont think anyone should follow the mod without giving it much thought as it is quite an expensive toy to drill; also removes the resellability. But for me, it is quite worthit and do not intend to buy any more gear for now.
post #7894 of 8020
Quote:
Originally Posted by krismusic View Post

Or get rid of the IE8's and buy something less flawed. Worked for me!👹

 

I've got DBA-02 MkII on the way, so we'll see. I feel like there is some pretty world-class sound in these babies, and the more I play with them the more glimpses of it I get. Eventually, if I'm not able to get out of them what I want, they'll move down the list of formerly owned gear. But at the moment, I don't see that as necessary. Time will tell ;)

post #7895 of 8020
I was being a bit arsey. I do think though that once I heard what a better designed IEM is capable of I realised how limited the IE8 is.
Good luck with the DBA's. I will be very interested to hear what you think to them. 👍
post #7896 of 8020
Guys I am having a really bad issue with my ie8s. I purchased mine back in July 2011 and couple of months ago I started to notice that the sound is reducing in right earpiece.. And now there is an apparent difference.. My warranty is runs out in June 2013 and i would appreciate if you guys advise solution for this problem... Urgent response is requested
Edited by syedhuz - 3/18/13 at 11:54pm
post #7897 of 8020
Quote:
Originally Posted by syedhuz View Post

Guys I am having a really bad issue with my ie8s. I purchased mine back in July 2011 and couple of months ago I started to notice that the sound is reducing in right earpiece.. And now there is an apparent difference.. My warranty is runs out in June 2013 and i would appreciate if you guys advise solution for this problem... Urgent response is requested

 

Well you could try detaching and re-attaching the cables.. They've been known to loosen up from time to time.
post #7898 of 8020

Apart from the cable with controls, the IE8i is supposed to be the same IEM as the IE8, right? Or are there any further differences?

post #7899 of 8020
Quote:
Originally Posted by syedhuz View Post

Guys I am having a really bad issue with my ie8s. I purchased mine back in July 2011 and couple of months ago I started to notice that the sound is reducing in right earpiece.. And now there is an apparent difference.. My warranty is runs out in June 2013 and i would appreciate if you guys advise solution for this problem... Urgent response is requested

i had the exact same thing happen to me, i haven't found a solution.  I just adjust the balance and it works alright.  I would send them back for warranty asap

post #7900 of 8020
Quote:
Originally Posted by putente View Post

Apart from the cable with controls, the IE8i is supposed to be the same IEM as the IE8, right? Or are there any further differences?

afaik it's the same thing. I ordered a ie8i cable from sennheiser and been using it for months now on my ie8's. The only thing that I don't like about it is that it is a bit shorter than the regular cable.

post #7901 of 8020
Quote:
Originally Posted by wormsdriver View Post

afaik it's the same thing. I ordered a ie8i cable from sennheiser and been using it for months now on my ie8's. The only thing that I don't like about it is that it is a bit shorter than the regular cable.

 

 

Thanks for the reply! Looking at pictures of both models, it seems that the cable is indeed the only difference between them, and considering it's a removable cable, it makes sense...

post #7902 of 8020
It is going to seem like I am shilling for this gadget but honestly the Digizoid Zo 2 is a winner with the IE8's. You would think that bass enhancement is the last thing the 8's need but used subtley the Zo allows lighter insertion and adds detail.
It is available from various places that accept returns or direct from Digizoid with a 60 day money back trial so you have nothing to
lose by trying it. Better than drilling holes!!! smily_headphones1.gif
post #7903 of 8020

I have owned the IE8 for about two years now. Unfortunately, they broke and the supplier offered me a full refund of €200. 
Of course, I can play safe and get the IE80 but I would like to try something new. Since I bought them, I haven't really been following the in ears business so I don;t really now which new in ears have been introduced over the past two years. Could you guys advice me a set of in ears below 250 euro's with the following characteristics?:
Build quality: similar to IE8 
Cable: as less as possible microphonics, deattachable is not required
Sound: Comparable soundstage to the IE8, Highs: smooth as the IE8 but a tad more clearer/volume. Mids: a tad less recessed as with the IE8 and a smaller midbass bump, Lows, More subbass than the IE8  and less midbass. (
So I basically want an  IEM that is comparable to the IE8. Thanks in advance!

post #7904 of 8020
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjondenon View Post

I have owned the IE8 for about two years now. Unfortunately, they broke and the supplier offered me a full refund of €200. 
Of course, I can play safe and get the IE80 but I would like to try something new. Since I bought them, I haven't really been following the in ears business so I don;t really now which new in ears have been introduced over the past two years. Could you guys advice me a set of in ears below 250 euro's with the following characteristics?:
Build quality: similar to IE8 
Cable: as less as possible microphonics, deattachable is not required
Sound: Comparable soundstage to the IE8, Highs: smooth as the IE8 but a tad more clearer/volume. Mids: a tad less recessed as with the IE8 and a smaller midbass bump, Lows, More subbass than the IE8  and less midbass. (
So I basically want an  IEM that is comparable to the IE8. Thanks in advance!


So basically perfection then. etysmile.gif I am driving myself nuts trying to supercede the IE8's. deadhorse.gif I too have been using them for a couple of years. I have fallen in and out with them. ATM I am enjoying them again courtesy of the gadget I posted about above. I tried a pair of Musical Fidelity EB-50's which would have been it for me if the rather large form factor had been compatible with my ears. The ACS T-15's with the Digizoid are strangely similar to the '8's. With better detail. YMMV.

post #7905 of 8020

Not that this will change anyones minds to one direction or another, but I just wanted to give a short update of my life with the IE8's.

 

I purchased mine in 2011 and was quite dissapointed with what I got. The build was bulky and the sound very bassy especially for rock and metal. Quite soon I got myself W2's and have been using them since.

 

Lately I've started listening more to different electronic stuff including dubstep and some more ambient stuff and wanted to give the IE8's a go since I forgot the W2's at my friends place. I have to say I was quite pleasantly surprised with that I had in the drawer waiting for me. The bass response paired with the soundstage actually gave me goosebumps when I first tried it after the long W2 period. It was something that I've been missing without fully understanding it.

 

I listen this sort of music more for the feel good factor and almayst always on the go. In such use the IE8 is exactly what you want. If only the headphone would be a bit smaller, which would make the fit better I would say I love these. Despite the fit issues these will be back in the rotation and I'm really happy the investment hasn't been in vain.

 

The W2 will still remain my primary headphone for the guitar stuff, but it's great to have such options to pick from.
 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Sennheiser IE8 Appreciation Thread