Is there anyone who prefers IE8 to the IE80. If so, please state your reasons. Am only interested in the sonic attributes. Thanks!
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/25/10
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 6/23/10
- productSennheiser CX95 Lightweight In-Ear Stereo Headphone with Noise-Cancelingtagged by System, 3/22/11
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productSennheiser MX500 Lightweight In-Ear Headphones (Blue)tagged by System, 4/26/11
- productSony Mdr-Ex700Lp Earbud Style Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 7/23/10
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- Quick Impression: Sony MDR-7550 Last post on 3/27/14 at 12:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Reserved Last post on 9/16/12 at 8:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- SM3 v2 or IE8 with TWAG custom cable? Last post on 2/21/12 at 6:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Universal IEMs that are STURDY? Last post on 6/3/11 at 8:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Mic remote for Senns IE8? Last post on 9/9/11 at 4:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)Last edited: 9/13/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
I was on the hunt for a well-made copper cable to complement my stock and third party cables for my Fitear IEMs when I came across Forza Audioworks. Good quality wire, ergonomics and aesthetics...
Edit1: Supposedly you have to burn this in for a while and you have to leave it on constantly to warm up or whatever according to the manual, but I wrote the review below after only about an hour...
The best phones I've tried so far. I tried some well-burnt-in beyerdynamic and others in similar price range in a store, and I have owned the 601 before. I also own closed cans, e.g. the K271, and...
First of all, a big THANK YOU to @svyr and @H20Fidelity for organising this Australian tour. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included in this...
For several years now, Astrotec has been a name familiar to enthusiasts as a manufacturer of value-conscious, yet quality-engineered, balanced armature IEMs. This past year, they began shifting...
Sennheiser IE8 Appreciation Thread - Page 524post #7846 of 80202/4/13 at 6:06am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7847 of 80202/10/13 at 3:02pmIE80's bass after burn-in is deeper and cleaner. I've owned an IE8, genuine obviously, and after burn-in it didn't sound as sharp to the ears. However, even after burn-in the ie8 still had a hump in the mid bass as well as still being sharper in sound compared to the ie80 post burn. I'm at around 150 hours with the ie80 and the sound is improving slowly. It took me 300 - 400 hours to feel that the ie8 had reached its maximum potential.post #7848 of 80202/11/13 at 8:16amQuote:Originally Posted by Eugguy
IE80's bass after burn-in is deeper and cleaner. I've owned an IE8, genuine obviously, and after burn-in it didn't sound as sharp to the ears. However, even after burn-in the ie8 still had a hump in the mid bass as well as still being sharper in sound compared to the ie80 post burn. I'm at around 150 hours with the ie80 and the sound is improving slowly. It took me 300 - 400 hours to feel that the ie8 had reached its maximum potential.
Mid bass depends a lot on the source as well. I've tried a few and there are a few sources that gives the lower-mids a bump, causing mid bass to be sometimes untolerable without EQ'ing. That said the IE80 doesn't eliminate the mid bass complete, it simply improves upon it but it is still very evident. Now, IE800 is totally different story.post #7849 of 80202/11/13 at 8:28pmpost #7850 of 80202/28/13 at 3:45pmpost #7851 of 80203/7/13 at 2:37pmpost #7852 of 80203/8/13 at 1:08ampost #7853 of 80203/8/13 at 1:50amQuote:
I'm considering changing the cable on my IE8 as well just to see how much difference it may make.post #7854 of 80203/8/13 at 5:10ampost #7855 of 80203/8/13 at 6:12ampost #7856 of 80203/8/13 at 6:31am
Well I got mine from Toxic Cables.
You have options of materials and connectors etc,
Heres the main thread on here -
Bear in mind the wait at the moment is around 8 weeks due to Frank being a one man band and hes working hard to catch up on all orders.post #7857 of 80203/8/13 at 10:28pmpost #7858 of 80203/9/13 at 5:27amQuote:
Any tape will do. I used spare Scotch tape on my IE80s. I'd try and avoid really strong adhesives though, I just rather like to keep the faceplate the way it is. I like the sound of the tape mod, so I hope it works out for you :Ppost #7859 of 80203/9/13 at 5:34amQuote:
I just got black insulating tape. Worried it might be leave too sticky a residue though.
Just cover the bass knobs or the whole face plate?post #7860 of 80203/9/13 at 1:52pmQuote:
I just cover the bass ports with a tiny square of transparent tape. I think insulating tape might leave a residue depending on the quality of the tape. I tried covering the whole faceplate, but I found the tape edges to be uncomfortable if they touched my ears.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 52 seconds ago
- › Astell & Kern AK120 For Sale 1 minute ago
- › The Basshead Club 2 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 2 minutes ago
- › Fischer Amps FA-4 E XB: New 4-BA IEM From Germany 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 4 minutes ago
- › Philips Golden Ears challenge 4 minutes ago
- › New Zealand meet, May 24th in Auckland 5 minutes ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 5 minutes ago
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › Burson Audio - Conductor SL 9018 - Headphone Amp and DAC by ag8908
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by unshavenbastard
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by djvkool
- › Astrotec AX-30 by bowei006
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by Ultramus
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Skullcandy Fix In Ear Headphone With 3 Button Remote - White / Chrome by killeraxemannic
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob