Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Wow! Sansa Fuze- color me impressed- Fuze appreciation thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Wow! Sansa Fuze- color me impressed- Fuze appreciation thread - Page 51

post #751 of 765
A great thing about the Fuze was its proper LOD. Do any of the more recent models enable this and is the connector the same as the fuze had?:)m
post #752 of 765
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainFood View Post

A great thing about the Fuze was its proper LOD. Do any of the more recent models enable this and is the connector the same as the fuze had?:)m


Sandisk gave up on proprietary connectors after the Fuze. If you really want a real line out, then get an ipod.

post #753 of 765
Quote:
Originally Posted by JK1 View Post
 


Sandisk gave up on proprietary connectors after the Fuze. If you really want a real line out, then get an ipod.


Or just keep my Fuze ;)

post #754 of 765

Has anyone else had problems with the jack? Seems weak I can understand that my old mdr-v6 jack was a little on the heavy side but under a year later every time I move the player the left channel goes in and out.

post #755 of 765

 

welp broke another one very poor mp3 player with intentional design flaws good thing I moved on from this over a year ago just wish I didn't even bother trying to help this piece of junk

post #756 of 765
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainFood View Post

A great thing about the Fuze was its proper LOD. Do any of the more recent models enable this and is the connector the same as the fuze had?:)m

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK1 View Post
 


Sandisk gave up on proprietary connectors after the Fuze. If you really want a real line out, then get an ipod.

 

This an old discussion. 

 

The signal from the original Fuze line out is exactly the same as the signal from headphone jack out at full volume.  It's all digital.

 

Another way to say this is that if using an amp, there there would be no audible difference between the signal sent out by the headphone jack at full volume and the signal from the line out when the Fuze is docked.

 

 

orig.jpg

post #757 of 765
Quote:
Originally Posted by upstateguy View Post
 

This an old discussion. 

 

The signal from the original Fuze line out is exactly the same as the signal from headphone jack out at full volume.  It's all digital.

 

Another way to say this is that if using an amp, there there would be no audible difference between the signal sent out by the headphone jack at full volume and the signal from the line out when the Fuze is docked.

 

Well some folks do hear a difference.

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/440251/wanna-audition-the-fuze-lod

 

 

With full-size low impedance, high efficiency headphones, the headout -> headphone amp (Neco V4) sounds slightly more grainy when I compare to LOD -> headphone amp.  With the latter, bass is also deeper and the whole sound is fuller and more natural.  With the Fuze's amp in circuit, it becomes tonallly greyer and slightly bleached out.


Edited by BrainFood - 4/15/14 at 6:13am
post #758 of 765
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainFood View Post
 

 

Well some folks do hear a difference.

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/440251/wanna-audition-the-fuze-lod

 

 

With full-size low impedance, high efficiency headphones, the headout -> headphone amp (see my sig) sounds slightly more grainy when I compare to LOD -> headphone amp.  With the latter, bass is also deeper and the whole sound is fuller and more natural.  With the Fuze's amp in circuit, it becomes tonallly greyer and slightly bleached out.

 

Its possible the input impedance on their amp is too low for a proper line out.  The Fuze's actually is high impedance.  But if so, thats just because their equipment isn't great.

 

Into well designed equipment there will be no difference.  Its exactly the same signal, just through high impedance rather than low.  Trust me, I programmed the volume mixer in the Rockbox driver.  If there was any difference, you'd have noticed when my code broke line out volume :)

post #759 of 765
Has anyone had both the Fuse and Zip? I would like to know if there is a difference in soundstage.I ordered a Fuze a couple of months ago it still hasn't arrived and got an update it will arrive first week of May.I'm ready to cancel the order.But I got it for $177 Canadian.
post #760 of 765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana1000 View Post

Has anyone had both the Fuse and Zip? I would like to know if there is a difference in soundstage.I ordered a Fuze a couple of months ago it still hasn't arrived and got an update it will arrive first week of May.I'm ready to cancel the order.But I got it for $177 Canadian.

 

$177? Holy crap....cancel it. The Zip has the same chip inside, and even without Rockbox, it actually plays back at the correct speed, unlike the Fuze.

post #761 of 765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post

$177? Holy crap....cancel it. The Zip has the same chip inside, and even without Rockbox, it actually plays back at the correct speed, unlike the Fuze.
So the post I read that the Fuze has a superior DAC is BS.
post #762 of 765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana1000 View Post


So the post I read that the Fuze has a superior DAC is BS.

Yes, the original Fuze, Clip, Clip+, and Clip Zip (all of which I have owned multiple examples of) all have the same chip inside. 

post #763 of 765
Thanks Achemedisdead.I cancelled my order.Is stereo width the only way to increase the sound stage?
post #764 of 765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana1000 View Post

Thanks Achemedisdead.I cancelled my order.Is stereo width the only way to increase the sound stage?

 

The stereo width in Rockbox is the only way I know for sure that could do it. I used to set mine to 110% for one particular set of closed headphones and it seemed to help.

 

I suppose it may be possible to tinker with the crossfeed settings and achieve further results, but I can't be sure, never having really messed around with them. 

post #765 of 765
Quote:
Originally Posted by saratoga View Post
 

Its possible the input impedance on their amp is too low for a proper line out.  The Fuze's actually is high impedance.  But if so, thats just because their equipment isn't great.

 

Into well designed equipment there will be no difference.  Its exactly the same signal, just through high impedance rather than low.  Trust me, I programmed the volume mixer in the Rockbox driver.  If there was any difference, you'd have noticed when my code broke line out volume :)

 

That's interesting :regular_smile :.

 

Well, the input impedance of my portable amp (Neco Soundlab V4) is stated as 10Kohms. Is that not well-designed? 

 

My Denon amp has an input impedance of either 30Kohm or 16Kohm (depending on setting) and I'll give that a swirl later today (probably) with the Fuze and Fuze/LOD.  Let's see if there's any difference compared to the Neco.


Edited by BrainFood - 4/15/14 at 7:45am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Wow! Sansa Fuze- color me impressed- Fuze appreciation thread