Damn dude, that's freakin sweet. Old school...
- brandFiiOtagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productIbasso T3Dtagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 6/14/10
- productSennheiser HD 580tagged by System, 6/14/10
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productZune Premium Headphones v2tagged by System, 6/14/10
Related Forum Threads
- Great Portable/Desktop Amp and DAC/SoundCard for Sennheiser HD 558s Last post on 12/29/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best bassboost amps in 120$ range? Last post on 8/14/11 at 9:14am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Are my Audio Technica M50's fake? Last post on 8/9/11 at 3:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- IE8 vs Full size cans Last post on 6/23/11 at 9:33am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Amp for Around $100? Last post on 5/18/11 at 3:45pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I've had the pleasure of listening to most of DUNU Topsound's hybrid earphones (DN1000, 2000...
Read the full review here! http://www.head-fi.org/t/809194/review-t-peos-rasiel
you'll hear what the musicians wanted their music to be sounded like. Well-balanced. Design is not so good as my friend's jh 13 but he had repaired his connector twice. only bad thing is that the...
I am a big fan of overachieving gear of any kind. What I mean by overachieving is the “they sound way too good for the price” factor. This is a highly subjective mindset because the worth of...
Full review of the Asura 2, Zen 2 & Duke here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/809154/review-venture-electronics-ve-asura-2-0-zen-2-0-duke-a-new-path-to-high-end-sound Sound: The...
Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIII] - Page 378
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5657 of 59496/10/10 at 9:31pm
Sweet gear you have, WalkmanJohnFL! The little sticker, "It's a Sony", I used to always leave it on my Sony stuff....CD players, boomboxes, Discmans, etc. My new-school Walkman players don't have it, but they still sound great!Quote:Originally Posted by WalkmanJohnFL
Well even us (Olde Tech) guys had "high tech" portable rigs with quality sound back in the day. How about a Sony WALKMAN with LINE OUT and Headphone jacks ! Direct drive (no belts W/F:, 0.07% WRMS (NAB) quartz locked speed , Dolby C and Amorphous head the best tape head produced by Sony. And depending on +/- db rating of different sources 40-20,000 Hz.
SONY WM-DC2 ( 1984 )post #5658 of 59496/10/10 at 9:44pm
Ah the cassette tape walkman still lives on ! Now we move 10 years forward to 1994 to one of the smallest lightest walkmans ( JVC actually made a carbon fiber walkman ) the PANASONIC RQ-S80 no bigger hardly than the cassette tape itself with 12 Laminated Core Head giving an astounding 15-21,000 Hz frequency response and Dolby C using a 1.2 v 1400 mAh rechargeable gumstick battery. Player had 8 preset EQ settings with a digital LCD remote with a four frequency "REAL TIME" EQ display using music symbols made taller or shorter to show level within that frequency ( see photos). Not bad for cassette tape and 16 years ago!! Player has a stunningly classy deep metallic gloss brown finish.
YOU CAN SEE THE SMALL SIZE OF PLAYER HERE WITH LCD REMOTE
REAL TIME 4 BAND EQ FREQUENCY LEVEL NOTE HEIGHT CHANGE OF MUSIC SYMBOLSpost #5659 of 59496/10/10 at 9:53pmpost #5660 of 59496/10/10 at 10:02pm
As you can see there were some rockin hot specs and professional grade portable cassette walkman. ITS ABOUT THE SOUND your hearing.... not having 10,000 songs and instant access. Personally for me I would rather listen to great sound than trade off for the convenience of easy fast selection of music. But thats just me a teen of the 70's ;-)
SONY WM-30 with Real to Real cassette tapepost #5661 of 59496/10/10 at 10:27pmQuote:
A youth grin... the term tape "DECK" refers to the non portable home or professional studio recording cassette '"Deck" Such as the top of the line NAKAMICHI 1000ZX Limited. You need a pilot's license to run this machine! Portable Rigs using a cassette tape were and are referred to as "WALKMAN" even the non SONY models. There were a few portable Walkman such as the WM-D6C that were often used to record bootleg recordings of live concerts with excellent results for a portable player. Sorry for the off topic insertion but I thought a clarification of terms was best shown with picture.
NAKAMICHI 1000ZX Limited
SONY WM-D6C THE GOLD STANDARD OF PORTABLE TAPE RECORDING !!!post #5662 of 59496/11/10 at 12:57am
Speaking of using the headphone out to a portable amp, here is one of my favorite semi-portable rigs, using the venerable Simpl A1 amplifier that was visionary for it's time and still sounds as good as just about anything I that I plug my HD-600s into. It was designed for the original firewire iPod, which was not equipped with a line out dock.
The story back then was that the iPod headphone out was lacking in the low end, so this amp was made specifically to compensate for that, with enhanced bass. The other features unique to this amp was the "PodGrip" technology, so no velcro or bands were needed, and the lack of a volume control, to prevent redundancy and keep the signal path as pure as possible.
I believe it was designed to drive the more demanding full-size headphones of its time, which explains why it has such good synergy with my HD600s, and why it hisses with most IEMs
I still enjoy this setup quite a bit with my 60GB, 4.5G iPod Photo, but I also have my old 5GB, 1G firewire iPod in my truck, will get that going again with the Simpl and post it one of these days.
Edited by grokit - 6/11/10 at 1:02ampost #5663 of 59496/11/10 at 5:04ampost #5664 of 59496/11/10 at 2:59pmpost #5665 of 59496/11/10 at 3:52pmpost #5666 of 59496/11/10 at 7:19pmpost #5667 of 59496/12/10 at 5:50amQuote:
This is so wrong on so many levels, I don't know where to start. But judging by your absolutist know-it-all tone, you probably don't want a discussion anyways. Not that this is the right thread for that, as well. If you want to read why it's perfectly fine and useful to double-amp a headphone-out, you can read the "reality check" chapter in my Headstage Arrow review.
Edited by dfkt - 6/12/10 at 6:47ampost #5668 of 59496/12/10 at 9:24am
I have multiple portable rigs. So here they are:
When walking the dog | in bed | walking about
Mainly podcast listening
iPod 5G 30Gb + Sennheiser CX400-II
Working out | Doing physical activities
Mainly podcast listening
iPod 5G 30Gb + Meelectronics M6
Will be replacing iPod for a Sansa Clip+ soon, specially for this :)
For actual music listening i prefer my iPhone 3Gs paired with the E5 (proper LOD incoming) and either with the Hifiman/Head-Direct RE0 or the Playaz N3, depending on the mood. Mostly the RE0, got hooked on their transparency and detail :)
Nothing too fancy, i will be upgrading stuff as i go along. I'm fairly new to this "world" haha.
I would like to get a new MP3 player, the Cowon J3 for example but i think i'm just too attached to iTunes to go forward with it. I think I'll stick with my iPod/iPhone. With the Sansa Clip incoming who knows, maybe it will replace my iPod/iPhone.
Edited by ASilva - 6/12/10 at 9:27ampost #5669 of 59496/12/10 at 1:59pmpost #5670 of 59496/12/10 at 2:05pm
He's using a Canon EOS 30D... I know you were amazed when people told you you're using a Canon PowerShot SD1400 IS, on iAudiophile. ;)
If you use Firefox, this is a great addon to check image EXIF data: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/5673/
Edited by dfkt - 6/12/10 at 2:07pm
This thread is locked
- Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIII]
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Beyerdynamic DT-1770: Product Info, Discussion and Impressions 5 seconds ago
- › On a mission to like jazz 2 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 minutes ago
- › INCREDIBLE!! THE YOUNGER SIBLING OF PROJECT SUNRISE 2--THE NEW... 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar... 3 minutes ago
- › Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 4 minutes ago
- › Shozy Zero: $50 IEMs with real rosewood, taking on the $500 big boys! 5 minutes ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 5 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-2002 by Brooko
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by kimvictor
- › Westone ES 5 by Xu Tianyi
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by Aornic
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by Zelda
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Zen V2 by Zelda
- › Venture Electronics (VE) the Duke by Zelda
- › Hisoundaudio HSA-H200 Pro by mark2410
- › Brainwavz Hooka by Wokei
- › FiiO RM1 Bluetooth Remote Controller by kdub
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...