Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIII]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIII] - Page 375  

post #5611 of 5949

WalkmanJohnFL: That is an excellent collection you have there,... great pics as well - thanks for the great memories!!!

post #5612 of 5949

 

IMG_3871.JPG
 
iPod Classic 6.G, 160GB, Headstage Arrow HE (glued to iPod by double-sided tape), Qables Silvercab, Hifiman RE0 with custom tips (€110, from local audiologist).

Edited by zappp - 6/9/10 at 1:15am
post #5613 of 5949

^ Clean looking setup.

post #5614 of 5949

036.png


Edited by Berserker - 6/8/10 at 3:53pm
post #5615 of 5949

Where did my last reply go? it dissapeared.

Not een here in a while and come back to the new look forum (which I don't like by the way)

 

Got myself some UE's today awesome sound though I'm not used to such clarity so will have to run them in for a while lol.


Edited by edart - 6/8/10 at 7:34pm
post #5616 of 5949

Quote:

Originally Posted by zappp View Post

 

IMG_3871.JPGi
 
 
iPod Classic 6.G, 160GB, Headstage Arrow HE (glued to iPod by double-sided tape), Qables Silvercab, Hifiman RE0 with custom tips (from local audiologist)


What the HELL??  Customed RE0??  Thats crazy!! How much did they set you back to get them customed and does it isolate well?  Better bass response??  Will my audiologist be able to the same to mine?

post #5617 of 5949


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dziendobry View Post

 

 

Lunch Rig

 

Lunch Rig Creative Zen 4GB and Meelec M9's Listening to a classical music podcast.  These are my favorite budget-fi headphones for classical.


Classical Music Podcast? (more info)

post #5618 of 5949

I am not the only one with RE0 and custom tips. http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/405947/re0-rivals-er-4s-beats-e500-and-er-4p

 

My custom tips were €110 (incl. 19% VAT). Removeable, soft silicone (pinkish colour cast, unfortunately), ambiance channels to prevent standing waves, as the audiologist explained. Compared to the supplied olive tips, the custom tips increase efficiency, widen soundstage, but very slightly reduce bass, speed and punch. Fit is both firm and comfortable. The silicone takes a moment to absorb body temperature, soften and seal. But for a final verdict, I would prefer to listen and compare for longer. The channel from RE0 to tip's exit is relatively long. The tips are quite large and fill the entire concha. In principle, shallower tips that only fill the ear canal are possible, but with a less firm fit. And the RE0 may rub the concha which could be irritating.

 

I consider having the ambiance channels closed for maximum isolatation. On the other hand, the audiologist offered to make the ambiance channels a little bit wider for more airy sound. Likely there is a trad-off between ariness, isolation, soft material, bass and punch. You can't have it all. Custom tips in hard plastic would have been even cheaper, but then non-removeable. And different materials have different impact on sound. 

 

Nowadays many "ordinary" audiologists offer custom IEMs (or headsets for mobile phones), in cooperation with external labs and suppliers of hearing aids, starting at €200 (incl. 19% VAT). But I intended to limit the risk, starting with a cheap universal fit IEM and then try a removable custom tip.


Edited by zappp - 6/9/10 at 1:54am
post #5619 of 5949

Hi fellow Head-Fi members, I'm just a noob audiophile so forgive the noob equipment. I'll expand further when I have the budget. :D hehe. Took the pictures with my Olympus DSLR. Enjoy. 

Sources

iPhone 3GS - Stormtrooper Casing


MacBook Pro - 15" 


iPod Classic 120 GB with Fiio E5 Amp


Recording Equipment

Samson CO3U Condenser Microphone


Cans

JBL 210 Reference

Dr. Dre Tours OEM

Audio Technica CK300M

Shure SE115

Bose On-Ear

Sennheiser IE8- My Babies

UE Triple.Fi 10pro - My OTHER Babies - They're Here!! Woot.




Thank you so much for looking sirs. Hopefully, my audiophile collection will grow from this. 
Next stop: COWON and SONY Players!




Happy Family
post #5620 of 5949

Good to know, maybe they'll compliment the new Head-Direct phones

post #5621 of 5949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasto_Brandino View Post


 


Classical Music Podcast? (more info

http://www.gardnermuseum.org/music/podcast/theconcert.asp  

post #5622 of 5949


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zappp View Post

 

IMG_3871.JPG
 
iPod Classic 6.G, 160GB, Headstage Arrow HE (glued to iPod by double-sided tape), Qables Silvercab, Hifiman RE0 with custom tips (€110, from local audiologist).


 

nice setup man...

 

just got some new headphones and i am waiting for my new cmoy to ship from eBay and will be posting photos of my new rig soon.. :)

post #5623 of 5949


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvinong View Post

Hi fellow Head-Fi members, I'm just a noob audiophile so forgive the noob equipment. I'll expand further when I have the budget. :D hehe. Took the pictures with my Olympus DSLR. Enjoy. 

Sources

iPhone 3GS - Stormtrooper Casing


MacBook Pro - 15" 


iPod Classic 120 GB with Fiio E5 Amp


Recording Equipment

Samson CO3U Condenser Microphone


Cans

JBL 210 Reference

Dr. Dre Tours OEM

Audio Technica CK300M

Shure SE115

Bose On-Ear

Sennheiser IE8- My Babies

UE Triple.Fi 10pro - My OTHER Babies - They're Here!! Woot.




Thank you so much for looking sirs. Hopefully, my audiophile collection will grow from this. 
Next stop: COWON and SONY Players!




Happy Family

 

dude, don't consider this a noob inventory, u got yourself some pretty decent pairs of iems. i own some of them as well as the fiio e5 (will be upgrading to cmoy once shipped - this week hopefully), and they are fiiiiiiiiiiiiiine!! ;) fiio has done a good job so far boosting up my high impedance phones, and adding nice bass to them.. the triple fis are amazing, wish i could afford them here in Greece :( Unbox them, burn them in and listen to them! the tours are really good too, especially if you are into hip hop like myself. IE8s: are you kidding? that is so not a newbie collection! enjoy listening to your jewels man!!
 

post #5624 of 5949


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Junesequa View Post

Here's my new rig:






Have to thank Steven Kelby for the awesome interconnect with 3 strands of jenna covered in techflex.


seriously, amazing inter-connecting jack...

post #5625 of 5949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Junesequa View Post

Here's my new rig:






Have to thank Steven Kelby for the awesome interconnect with 3 strands of jenna covered in techflex.


seriously, amazing inter-connecting jack....!!!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIII]