Wow, the iPad can use USB DACs like the E7 as long as they don't try to charge of the USB port. That makes a kind of cool portable listening rig that is completely DAC/AMP dependent. Maybe the new iPhone will be able to use USB DACs as well.
- brandFiiOtagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productIbasso T3Dtagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 6/14/10
- productSennheiser HD 580tagged by System, 6/14/10
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productZune Premium Headphones v2tagged by System, 6/14/10
Related Forum Threads
- Great Portable/Desktop Amp and DAC/SoundCard for Sennheiser HD 558s Last post on 12/29/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best bassboost amps in 120$ range? Last post on 8/14/11 at 9:14am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Are my Audio Technica M50's fake? Last post on 8/9/11 at 3:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- IE8 vs Full size cans Last post on 6/23/11 at 9:33am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Amp for Around $100? Last post on 5/18/11 at 3:45pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Pros: Comfort, build quality, sub-bass quality, multiple sound tunings. Cons: Shouty upper mids Tonal Balance: Warm to balanced depending on ports. Style: Closed over-ear Listening...
The T40rp mark 2 is a very fine headphone. My first impression's of them where positive although your ears might take a while to get use to the very unique sound signature. They are very well...
You gonna get an amp now? ...or wait? o.k., you gonna wait? keep...
After years of not getting anything new, the Lyra was my first earphones that I would classify as high end. I got it before my CDM and one thing really lead to another. Made by Campfire...
Introduction: Peter Wong Audio is a Hong Kong based brand, and Peter, Ceo of th company, offers many different products such as mini to mini and IEM cables, several adapters, interconnects and...
Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIII] - Page 370post #5536 of 59495/29/10 at 9:25pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5537 of 59495/30/10 at 10:11ampost #5538 of 59495/31/10 at 1:04pmpost #5539 of 59495/31/10 at 5:11pmpost #5540 of 59496/1/10 at 6:34ampost #5541 of 59496/1/10 at 12:47pmpost #5542 of 59496/1/10 at 1:25pmpost #5543 of 59496/1/10 at 3:21pmpost #5544 of 59496/1/10 at 4:23pm
After a week here and there, I just finished going through this entire section, checking out everyone's rigs. Some nice looking equipment, I must say. I wish I would have saved the ones I liked, but I'm sure as hell not going to go through that again, lol.post #5545 of 59496/1/10 at 4:31pmQuote:
I stopped after about 100 or so... It sure is entertaining though.post #5546 of 59496/1/10 at 4:35pmQuote:Quote:
I went through every single PoyPR thread and saved every "good" picture. I have a huge folder on my comp with all of them organized by "type" (Dap + amp // Dap only // Dap amp headphones // dap amp iems... etc.) and there's still about 200 in my root picture folder that need to be sorted.post #5547 of 59496/1/10 at 4:39pmpost #5548 of 59496/1/10 at 6:11pmpost #5549 of 59496/1/10 at 6:19pm
It was actually fun, I enjoyed it. I wanted to see what was out there, but some of the photography was top notch. I also wanted to see some of the different cable applications. I think I'm just going to make one. Cheaper, that's for sure. I'm not into the whole,
"this cable is better than that cable," (BS, imho, physical quality maybe, but not audibly) but wanted to see the different styles. I particularly liked this one, by limpidglitch:
Edited by Berserker - 6/1/10 at 6:23pm
This thread is locked
- Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIII]
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Darkvoice 336i & 336SE Tuberolling PartII 3 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and... 3 minutes ago
- › ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro 3 minutes ago
- › should my friend get V-MODA Lp2's or astro A40? 4 minutes ago
- › Shanling M2 DAP 4 minutes ago
- › ENIGMAcoustics Dharma 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › Pioneer HRM-7 Professional Studio Headphones by grizzlybeast
- › ZMF x Vibro by keanex
- › FOSTEX T40RP mkII DJ Headphones by JVC steven
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by Hawaiibadboy
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by tassardar
- › PW Audio Legend II v2 Copper IEM Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Xiaomi Mi Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Hisoundfi
- › Project Horizon 3 by Army-Firedawg
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by grizzlybeast
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2