Wow, the iPad can use USB DACs like the E7 as long as they don't try to charge of the USB port. That makes a kind of cool portable listening rig that is completely DAC/AMP dependent. Maybe the new iPhone will be able to use USB DACs as well.
- brandFiiOtagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productIbasso T3Dtagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 6/14/10
- productSennheiser HD 580tagged by System, 6/14/10
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productZune Premium Headphones v2tagged by System, 6/14/10
Related Forum Threads
- Great Portable/Desktop Amp and DAC/SoundCard for Sennheiser HD 558s Last post on 12/29/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best bassboost amps in 120$ range? Last post on 8/14/11 at 9:14am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Are my Audio Technica M50's fake? Last post on 8/9/11 at 3:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- IE8 vs Full size cans Last post on 6/23/11 at 9:33am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Amp for Around $100? Last post on 5/18/11 at 3:45pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S Quick Review Thanks to Hifiheadphones for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/770243/soundmagic-e50-e50s-review-by-mark2410 Brief: A middy...
Before I get into my review, some disclosure: I received a free loaner unit as part of a mini North American tour, set up and sponsored by @EmpJ of CTC Audio. I got to keep the unit for a...
First off, I want to thank Brainwavz and Audrey for this BLU-100 unit. Packaging and Accessories I received the BLU-100 before its release and it came in the Brainwavz iem case without...
These have been the best headphones I have used for $99. For the few weeks they worked, it was amazing. Unfortunately, after a few weeks, the right earcup detached from the headband. They seem to...
It was a long time since I orignally intended to write this review as I wanted to check black Velvet in addition to the Crystal velvet I've had. You can find a lot of impression on Head-fi...
Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIII] - Page 370post #5536 of 59495/29/10 at 9:25pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5537 of 59495/30/10 at 10:11ampost #5538 of 59495/31/10 at 1:04pmpost #5539 of 59495/31/10 at 5:11pmpost #5540 of 59496/1/10 at 6:34ampost #5541 of 59496/1/10 at 12:47pmpost #5542 of 59496/1/10 at 1:25pmpost #5543 of 59496/1/10 at 3:21pmpost #5544 of 59496/1/10 at 4:23pm
After a week here and there, I just finished going through this entire section, checking out everyone's rigs. Some nice looking equipment, I must say. I wish I would have saved the ones I liked, but I'm sure as hell not going to go through that again, lol.post #5545 of 59496/1/10 at 4:31pmQuote:
I stopped after about 100 or so... It sure is entertaining though.post #5546 of 59496/1/10 at 4:35pmQuote:Quote:
I went through every single PoyPR thread and saved every "good" picture. I have a huge folder on my comp with all of them organized by "type" (Dap + amp // Dap only // Dap amp headphones // dap amp iems... etc.) and there's still about 200 in my root picture folder that need to be sorted.post #5547 of 59496/1/10 at 4:39pmpost #5548 of 59496/1/10 at 6:11pmpost #5549 of 59496/1/10 at 6:19pm
It was actually fun, I enjoyed it. I wanted to see what was out there, but some of the photography was top notch. I also wanted to see some of the different cable applications. I think I'm just going to make one. Cheaper, that's for sure. I'm not into the whole,
"this cable is better than that cable," (BS, imho, physical quality maybe, but not audibly) but wanted to see the different styles. I particularly liked this one, by limpidglitch:
Edited by Berserker - 6/1/10 at 6:23pm
This thread is locked
- Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIII]
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › New WESTONE W-SERIES 4 seconds ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 1 minute ago
- › Decware Taboo MKIII 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x - In-Depth Review & Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Chi Unify 9 when and where? 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Under 800$, closed back, good for metal recommandations 4 minutes ago
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones by remwang
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by mark2410
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by hakushondaimao
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by kova4a
- › Grado Labs SR80e by SeraphSolus
- › EarSonics Velvet by LMka
- › Audio-Technica In-Ear Headphones ATH-CKR9 (Japan Import) by peter123
- › Ultimate Ears super.fi 3 Studio - Headphones ( in-ear ear-bud ) -... by Lewzke
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by chowmein83
- › Alclair Curve by Brooko
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2