Wow, the iPad can use USB DACs like the E7 as long as they don't try to charge of the USB port. That makes a kind of cool portable listening rig that is completely DAC/AMP dependent. Maybe the new iPhone will be able to use USB DACs as well.
- brandFiiOtagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productIbasso T3Dtagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 6/14/10
- productSennheiser HD 580tagged by System, 6/14/10
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productZune Premium Headphones v2tagged by System, 6/14/10
Related Forum Threads
- Great Portable/Desktop Amp and DAC/SoundCard for Sennheiser HD 558s Last post on 12/29/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best bassboost amps in 120$ range? Last post on 8/14/11 at 9:14am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Are my Audio Technica M50's fake? Last post on 8/9/11 at 3:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- IE8 vs Full size cans Last post on 6/23/11 at 9:33am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Amp for Around $100? Last post on 5/18/11 at 3:45pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Ok, I've had these for a while now and decided to leave some feedback on these. First thing, the sound from these IEM's (earphones) are nothing short of excellent with a few minor dislikes. At...
I purchased a Bakoon HPA-01 off Massdrop for around $1200 (it is normally around $1700 retail) due to the reputation of Bakoon Japan for making stunning amps. The HPA-01 is from Bakoon Korea,...
It would be impossible to replicate my first impressions of the Pioneer Superior Club Sound in-ear headphone series. As such, if you’d like my initial reaction, check out myPioneer SE-CX9 review....
Intro/Setup The on-ear open-back design is not a very popular segment. I suspect most overlook this category largely because of the lack of isolation compared to the many closed-back...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Audio-Technica US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. I can’t imagine a better way to wrap up a series of...
Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIII] - Page 370post #5536 of 59495/29/10 at 9:25pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5537 of 59495/30/10 at 10:11ampost #5538 of 59495/31/10 at 1:04pmpost #5539 of 59495/31/10 at 5:11pmpost #5540 of 59496/1/10 at 6:34ampost #5541 of 59496/1/10 at 12:47pmpost #5542 of 59496/1/10 at 1:25pmpost #5543 of 59496/1/10 at 3:21pmpost #5544 of 59496/1/10 at 4:23pm
After a week here and there, I just finished going through this entire section, checking out everyone's rigs. Some nice looking equipment, I must say. I wish I would have saved the ones I liked, but I'm sure as hell not going to go through that again, lol.post #5545 of 59496/1/10 at 4:31pmQuote:
I stopped after about 100 or so... It sure is entertaining though.post #5546 of 59496/1/10 at 4:35pmQuote:Quote:
I went through every single PoyPR thread and saved every "good" picture. I have a huge folder on my comp with all of them organized by "type" (Dap + amp // Dap only // Dap amp headphones // dap amp iems... etc.) and there's still about 200 in my root picture folder that need to be sorted.post #5547 of 59496/1/10 at 4:39pmpost #5548 of 59496/1/10 at 6:11pmpost #5549 of 59496/1/10 at 6:19pm
It was actually fun, I enjoyed it. I wanted to see what was out there, but some of the photography was top notch. I also wanted to see some of the different cable applications. I think I'm just going to make one. Cheaper, that's for sure. I'm not into the whole,
"this cable is better than that cable," (BS, imho, physical quality maybe, but not audibly) but wanted to see the different styles. I particularly liked this one, by limpidglitch:
Edited by Berserker - 6/1/10 at 6:23pm
This thread is locked
- Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIII]
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 7 seconds ago
- › FS: DENON D7100 GRADO SR325IS AKG K545 34 seconds ago
- › VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand 1 minute ago
- › Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling 3 minutes ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 3 minutes ago
- › Cozoy Astrapi "Made for Apple" Portable DAC/amp... 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 6 minutes ago
- › Official Free FLAC File Music Sharing Thread 6 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 6 minutes ago
- › Lucy Simon (Carly's sister). 6 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by knorris908
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by interpolate
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2