Wow, the iPad can use USB DACs like the E7 as long as they don't try to charge of the USB port. That makes a kind of cool portable listening rig that is completely DAC/AMP dependent. Maybe the new iPhone will be able to use USB DACs as well.
- brandFiiOtagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productIbasso T3Dtagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 6/14/10
- productSennheiser HD 580tagged by System, 6/14/10
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- productZune Premium Headphones v2tagged by System, 6/14/10
Related Forum Threads
- Great Portable/Desktop Amp and DAC/SoundCard for Sennheiser HD 558s Last post on 12/29/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best bassboost amps in 120$ range? Last post on 8/14/11 at 9:14am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Are my Audio Technica M50's fake? Last post on 8/9/11 at 3:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- IE8 vs Full size cans Last post on 6/23/11 at 9:33am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Amp for Around $100? Last post on 5/18/11 at 3:45pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
So, I did a lot of reading when it came to this purchase, however, no amount of reviewing can objectively explain what you are actually going to hear when you plug them in - so I said 'screw it!'...
MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 – initial impressions Many thanks to @Tony-Hifi from HiFiHeadphones.co.uk for adding me to the UK tour for these earphones – the impressions below are based on the time I...
I am very glad that ONKYO released their new line of headphones into the North American market this June. I had been very curious about trying the ONKYO sound, but knowing new models were soon...
I love this little thing I really do. I bought it for myself as a present for a professional milestone. I can't tell you that it is worth almost 200 bucks, that's your call, but I don't regret the...
This review was copy pasted from the Sound Blaster X7 thread with minor edits to make it appeal to broader audience. Intro First of all, I would really like to thank Andrew Sparks, the man...
Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIII] - Page 370post #5536 of 59495/29/10 at 9:25pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5537 of 59495/30/10 at 10:11ampost #5538 of 59495/31/10 at 1:04pmpost #5539 of 59495/31/10 at 5:11pmpost #5540 of 59496/1/10 at 6:34ampost #5541 of 59496/1/10 at 12:47pmpost #5542 of 59496/1/10 at 1:25pmpost #5543 of 59496/1/10 at 3:21pmpost #5544 of 59496/1/10 at 4:23pm
After a week here and there, I just finished going through this entire section, checking out everyone's rigs. Some nice looking equipment, I must say. I wish I would have saved the ones I liked, but I'm sure as hell not going to go through that again, lol.post #5545 of 59496/1/10 at 4:31pmQuote:
I stopped after about 100 or so... It sure is entertaining though.post #5546 of 59496/1/10 at 4:35pmQuote:Quote:
I went through every single PoyPR thread and saved every "good" picture. I have a huge folder on my comp with all of them organized by "type" (Dap + amp // Dap only // Dap amp headphones // dap amp iems... etc.) and there's still about 200 in my root picture folder that need to be sorted.post #5547 of 59496/1/10 at 4:39pmpost #5548 of 59496/1/10 at 6:11pmpost #5549 of 59496/1/10 at 6:19pm
It was actually fun, I enjoyed it. I wanted to see what was out there, but some of the photography was top notch. I also wanted to see some of the different cable applications. I think I'm just going to make one. Cheaper, that's for sure. I'm not into the whole,
"this cable is better than that cable," (BS, imho, physical quality maybe, but not audibly) but wanted to see the different styles. I particularly liked this one, by limpidglitch:
Edited by Berserker - 6/1/10 at 6:23pm
This thread is locked
- Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIII]
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 9 seconds ago
- › Jaybird Freedom 24 seconds ago
- › The Altmann Tera-Player - Thread 1 minute ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 2 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 3 minutes ago
- › DSD256 Downsampling issues! 4 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android + Amp Module... 5 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by desperategraves
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by Jackpot77
- › ONKYO sealed wireless headphone Bluetooth-enabled / NFC support /... by Sonic Defender
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by selfdude
- › Sparkos Labs SS3601 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by selfdude
- › Cascadia Audio Talos by keanex
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by fjhuerta
- › Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone by moedawg140
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...