New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FS (Aus): Millett Mini Max kits - Page 2

post #16 of 47
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveze View Post
My caveat is just that I'm after the cost of the case as an initial down payment.
Yes, I need to decide how to deal with that issue as well.

I was thinking along the lines of a small deposit prior to confirming the case orders, another before ordering parts, and the balance before domestic postage.

I will, of course, provide whatever people need to confirm my ID and that I am not going to run away with your money......
post #17 of 47
Thread Starter 
Group buy is now on. The first post has been modified with details.
post #18 of 47
Thread Starter 
The Black Gates are definitely a go-er now, and tracked/insured shipping for up to 4 sets is confirmed as less than US$30 in total. Great stuff!

Also, a particularly helpful piece of ninja poultry has pointed me to X-On Electronic Services. They are an Australian agent for Mouser, who offer volume discounts and free shipping for orders over AU$200. Their website is atrocious...... but I'm trying to get an account with them now to see if there are any savings to be made.

Watch this space!
post #19 of 47
I'm interested. Do you have an idea of time frame for delivery? I'm in no way impatient about getting a kit - the opposite if anything, but just want to get an idea of when things would need to be paid for and when they are likely to arrive.

Thanks for the initiative on this Beefy!
post #20 of 47
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by poo View Post
I'm interested. Do you have an idea of time frame for delivery? I'm in no way impatient about getting a kit - the opposite if anything, but just want to get an idea of when things would need to be paid for and when they are likely to arrive.

Thanks for the initiative on this Beefy!
Fairly quick, actually. The dollar is strong and stable, and everything is in stock at Mouser and Digikey right now. Blackgates would take just a week. We would be primarily waiting for cases, PCBs and other bits from Beezar.

Fairly non-commital, but about 5 weeks to your doorstep?

*

On another matter one thing I do have to stress now, and I make this point to everyone, is that I do intend to close the group buy very soon without any warning. As soon as the orders get large enough that I might attract GST and import duties, no more. It looks like I can get around that risk for the Mouser order, but the Beezar and Sonic Craft orders are another matter. I would hate to think that any savings disappear because of it.

Also, my credit card is going into spasms at the initial amount of cash that I will have to shell out if things get much bigger. I don't want to have to dip into savings to avoid paying interest while I wait for payment from everybody!

So in summary...... first in, best dressed for the limited space I have remaining.
post #21 of 47
Thread Starter 
Ok, so I am going to put an official time limit on this thing so that I can finalise the Mouser order and put in a quote request to x-on and get a final quote for the Sonic Craft order.

The group buy will close at 10:00PM AWST - 12 hours from this post. If you want in, this is your last chance!
post #22 of 47
Thread Starter 
I have updated the BOM in the first post.

On tomb's advice I have switched over to the 10/1 CCS resistors instead of the original 11.3/1.13 in order to reduce the number of different parts. A couple of other minor changes have been made, like the addition of an extra terminal block and the potential option for 12FM6 tubes.
post #23 of 47
Too soon for me to jump on board, so (as much as I'm sure to wish I had in a few weeks) I'm out.

Hope you guys make some stunning amps - look forward to seeing the build pics!
post #24 of 47
Thread Starter 
The group buy is now closed at 5 kits. I had hoped for 6 to 8, but that is the way the cookie crumbles.

I will confirm all details with everyone, submit a quote request to x-on for Mouser parts, order the Digikey and Sonic Craft when I feel the dollar has peaked, and order the Beezar parts as soon as PCBs are available.

Cheers!
post #25 of 47
Thread Starter 
I have updated the first post with a new version of the BOM, and added a password protected zip file with group buy financial details.

The BOM has been changed to reflect the fact that everyone has bought Black Gates. So the Muse ES have been removed entirely, and the number of Wima 0.22µF caps has been reduced to 4 per build to reflect the fact that CA9 should be blank if you use Black Gates.
post #26 of 47
Thread Starter 
And so it begins! The Black Gates have been ordered!
post #27 of 47
Thread Starter 
Cases have been paid for. They came out to AU$104 each, fully shipped and insured, which I reckon is pretty damn good all things considered!
post #28 of 47
Thread Starter 
I got a quote back from x-on for the Mouser gear, at $452.85.

My price from Mouser direct was US$227.57 plus US$30.00 shipping. At an exchange rate of 0.6, that would be AU$429.

So x-on can do a much better price than Farnell or RS Components can manage, but it is still cheaper to go Mouser direct.
post #29 of 47
Unfortunately, I'm not all that surprised. Its frustrating how out of whack prices are down here. Then again, its tough beating the price as a reseller...
post #30 of 47
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveze View Post
Unfortunately, I'm not all that surprised. Its frustrating how out of whack prices are down here. Then again, its tough beating the price as a reseller...
Well my little birdy and I got all excited because their search engine brings up really cheap prices...... but they must be minimums for large quantities, because the quote I received wasn't anywhere near them.

Still, it is good to have yet another option.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home