- 72 Posts. Joined 4/2007
- Location: Dallas, TX
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Beware of Mp4nation it doesn't fulfill orders Last post on 5/25/11 at 8:57pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- MP4 Nation Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- $40 Brainwavz M2 now or Future MP4 Nation Sale Last post on 6/1/13 at 2:03am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HELP NEEDED ! MP4Nation has not Refunded nor Shipped in 6 months. Last post on 5/21/13 at 4:00am in Members' Lounge (General Discussion)
- How long does Mp4Nation take to ship / respond? Last post on 2/13/13 at 12:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
Edited on 12/28/12
The Creative Aurvana Live! solved a major problem for me—how to listen to good audio while walking the dog at night. I live near a commercial and bar district in Center City, Philadelphia and I'm...
Okay..well this is my first review..if you may call it so..hence any,,amatuerish mistakes be forgiven..here we go.. So i saved some money(i'm always short of it) for the Vsonic gr02 be..after...
I used to be sure that I am not a basshead. My favorite IEMs for the longest time were RE-0, my favorite headphones were (and still are) various variations of ATH "sweet treble" sound signature,...
It's exactly what it says it is. I've tried some pretty incredibly expensive DAPs - Honestly, in my opinion, a lot of them just add colouration, or EQ, or look pretty. Some of them do perform...
Jazz sounds real good on these. Classic music sounds pretty clear, like when the violin is playing and stuff. Vocals sound pretty good. 80's sound vibrant. dubstep/hardstyle, sounds...
Anyone have experience with MP4 players from MP4 Nation? - Page 2
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
The player comes with a cool black box. Inside the box is the player itself, an usb cable, a wall charger, a small instruction manual and an ear bud (I doubt that anyone will use it). By looking at it, I can say the build quality is very for a $100+ player which is made in china. It is smaller and lighter then I expected. It's even smaller and thinner then my HTC Touch Diamond. The on\off button is located on the bottom of the player, on my player the button is a bit loose I can say. The touch screen is quite responsive but not as responsive as my HTC TD. I paired it with my Hearyourself C3 custom iem with Little Dot MKI+ amp. The sound quality of S:flo is comparable to my Sony walkman(unamp). Next going to the PlayFX feature. Selecting the bass option made the song very bassy(my iem itself is very bassy) and a bit distortion of the low can be heard. With the 3d selected it widens the soundstage but too much for my liking. Last option of the PlayFX is LEQ which I am using, I’m not sure what it dies but it sound nice. The video player is great, so far it's plays rmvb & avi(xvid) that I transfer from my computer smoothly without any conversion. So far I am very happy with the player and am enjoying it ever since it arrives.
I had a very bad experience with mp4nation, and kindly recommend to anyone to avoid this store. They are liars. Reasons:
1. I bought one Nationite S:Flo 2 from them, paid for EMS delivery. After that I found that they don't delver with EMS in my country. I contacted them asking to return EMS money and they replied, after several days, that they'll use some weird "Courier Mail" which is slower than EMS but faster than free airmail. After some research I found that they used regular free airmail, but kept my money for EMS! I'm going to a paypal petition for this.
2. After many petitions on their support system, they promised they will deliver the parcel on 15.06. But they gave me tracking number on 17.06. When I asked why so late, they replied:
"Your order was already shipped, we could not post your tracking before the public holiday on wednesday. Tracking is posted on your account now."
When parcel finally arrived, guess what? The date when it was received on Hong Kong post was 17.07!!!
3. They delivered the parcel after 12 days of many insistence, and only because I asked them to return the money. Many people on the net are complaining that they didn't received their parcel for a month or more!
So, never buy from this reseller! There are alternatives!
Bad: My Sflo2 was lost in limbo in Hong Kong due to missing return label for about a month and a half and my tracking number came up empty on Hong Kong post.
Good: Raz read my posts on Headfi and asked me to open a ticket. Once I did he got back to me within a week and explained what happened. They reshipped my Sflo2 with EMS that they paid for, I had bought w/ free shipping. My Sflo2 arrived about another week later w/ a free pair of $40 Brainwavz M1's that honestly sound the best in the price range. lJokerl feels the same way I believe.
Conclusion: I waited 2 months total, paid $109 for the 2gb Sflo2 and got EMS shipping and tracking w/ the best $40 IEMs around unless you like the Soundmagics better. I would buy from them again.
Edit - In essence it only took that long because I followed the procedures outlined for waiting 30 business days before opening a ticket.
Edited by Anaxilus - 6/30/10 at 5:29pm
The free EMS shipping is almost expected but throwing in the free Brainwavz M1 was a nice touch.
- Anyone have experience with MP4 players from MP4 Nation?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Pros:“Supports FLAC, simple interface, good DAC”“Portable, good sound (once ROCKboxed), easy to use, and cheap”
- Pros:“Low price per Gig. Nice UI. String drivers. ”“Sound, UI, Touchscreen, OLED Display, HD Radio, Software, Zune Pass, Durability, Battery Life”
- › The Lightning, a new very small balanced amp from RSA. Images of... 1 minute ago
- › Grado SR60i (One Year Old, Like-New Condition, Shipping Included In... 1 minute ago
- › Desktop amp for ATH-M50s 2 minutes ago
- › PLEASE HELP ME!! 2 minutes ago
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!)... 2 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 3 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-FXD80 vs. MEElectronics A161P 3 minutes ago
- › VenturCraft Soundroid Typhoon 3 minutes ago
- › What's Better than the HD800s? 4 minutes ago
- › Speakers for College 5 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! Headphones by imagic
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by Aakash
- › Hisoundaudio Wooduo 2 by iern
- › Apple iPod classic 160 GB Silver (7th Generation) NEWEST MODEL by jensy
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by dietcoke2am
- › Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D Sigma USB Gaming Headset by imagic
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by David Chavez
- › iBasso DX100 Reference DAP by Poetic
- › Razer Tiamat 7.1 by helmutssss
- › Sony Xperia S Black by TheBrutux168
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe