Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAudio Technicatagged by System, 7/23/10
- productAudio-Technica ATH-A900 Headphonestagged by System, 7/23/10
- productAudio-Technica ATH-AD900tagged by System, 7/23/10
- brandAudio Technica HEADPHONEStagged by System, 7/23/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/23/10
- brandJVCtagged by System, 7/23/10
- productJVC HARX700 High-Grade Full-Size Headphonetagged by System, 7/23/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 7/23/10
Related Forum Threads
- Just got my m50s. Is something wrong with them? Last post on 8/12/10 at 10:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- New headphones this October, help please Last post on 7/31/10 at 9:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help with choosing lower priced headphone. Last post on 7/25/10 at 2:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for a big noggin, any suggestions? Newbie here. Last post on 7/7/10 at 9:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- proper setup for ath-a900? Last post on 7/9/10 at 5:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Great quality to be expected of a Fiio product, the cable works as intended and feels nice in the hand. There`s no strain relief on the 30pin connector, perhaps it`s to increase pliability?...
Feliks Audio Espressivo A Foot Tappin', Head Shakin' Tube Amp | PREVIOUS REVIEW | REVIEW INDEX | NEXT REVIEW | INTRODUCTION A Diamond In The Rough Feliks Audio is a family company...
Intro I've been searching for a pair of headphones to use on commutes for years. I started with the Skullcandy Hesh in middle school which broke after several months. After that i came across...
The ONKYO A800 is a very impressive headphone indeed, and I believe it has the potential to really earn a following among headphone enthusiasts. To be sure, we are in an...
Last year I was so excited buying the Walkman Zx2 and Z7 from Sony, and I was gradually enjoying the better of real quality audio when I am stepping back into the portable world. I feel that now...
JVC harx700 - a poor mans ath-a900!! - Page 9post #121 of 2273/15/10 at 1:16am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #122 of 2273/15/10 at 11:40ampost #123 of 2273/15/10 at 5:18pmQuote:
Guess I'll go with Provantage . D:post #124 of 2273/15/10 at 5:41pmpost #125 of 2273/26/10 at 7:17pmWarning: I am a noob to decent IEMs and headphones. For years I've worn many $10 cheapies from Ratshack, etc, all failed within 12 months. Last year I bought some $20 Sony MDR-V150s because they looked sturdy and had a longer cord on them. They were clampy and never sounded right to me. I actually got some JVC Flats recently, but one side rattled badly so I decided to skip them and get something better instead.
I did a lot of reading here and received my "mid-range" JVC HA-RX700s today. Out of the box, I immediately noticed detail that's completely missing in the Sonys, DOH. I have a favoite song that is only 64Kbps and I can actually hear how crappy it is now, and my hearing svcks. The JVCs also are less clampy than the Sony, pretty comfy excpet my ears to get a little warmer perhaps, still very tolerable though since they fit better. I read about these needed to be modded, not so sure now. I also ordered some "expensive" $80 Audio Technica ATH-AD700 and "cheap" Koss KSC75s to play with, but am not sure either can get much better than these.
Thanks to everyone who has written about and recommended these JVC HA-RX700s.
Since I promised to get my wife something new when I found out her ear buds were basically useless, I've purchased a few (5) sets of IEMs, want one more pair for about $100, and am waiting for the other headphones. I have hauled an old 2-channel Rotel amp/preamp B&W speakers out of the closet, now my old Pioneer tape deck to convert wifes cassettes to digital. I even put a new AV-710 soundcard I had laying around in the PC. This site has consumed me for about a month!!
Jimpost #126 of 2274/1/10 at 8:02pmpost #127 of 2277/23/10 at 7:39am
Hello all....I just found this forum while searching for some decent headphones. Based on this thread, I ordered a pair of the RX700's - the price was right and they'll be worlds better than the crappy $10 headphones I'm used to. My main question is, running these from a smartphone or ipod....do you need an amplifier? Would the volume increase a lot with an amplifier? And finally...since I know next to nothing about amplifiers, how much does a suitable amp for my application COST?
Thanks in advance guys,
Warnerpost #128 of 2277/23/10 at 1:05pmpost #129 of 2277/23/10 at 3:34pmpost #130 of 2277/24/10 at 5:27pm
Thanks Kite7. I'll try them without and see how they sound before buying something unnecessary....
Warnerpost #131 of 2275/8/11 at 9:34ampost #132 of 2275/16/11 at 10:08pm
It's actually VERY good. With the TV on average volume 12 feet away from my head the outside volume is cut in half.... at least with no mods.
I just did a quick mod by using a piece of tissue in place of the foam used in the mod thread and it really helps by making the ear cup deeper which I find increases noise isolation and improving the seal.post #133 of 2276/17/11 at 12:12pm
How's the midrange with the harx700/900? Is it lush, detailed, and slightly forward? Or is it recessed or colored?
How about the midrange of the jvc flats? Which sounds better, the flats or the harx's?post #134 of 2276/17/11 at 12:28pmpost #135 of 2276/17/11 at 1:50pm
It's definitely not their strong point, buy them if you want bass quality.
Superlux HD668B looks like a better bet if it's midrange you're after.
Edited by 200poundsofamp - 6/17/11 at 1:54pm
- JVC harx700 - a poor mans ath-a900!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Best Sub-100$ CHINESE Brands EARPHONES Thread- Hidden Gems,... 19 seconds ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 44 seconds ago
- › Moon Audio Hiring Front End Engineer 54 seconds ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 1 minute ago
- › Echobox: The Unveiling @ CES 2015 1 minute ago
- › The Stax Thread III 1 minute ago
- › Astell&Kern Announces the AK300 and AK Recorder (5.6MHz DSD... 2 minutes ago
- › Shozy Zero: $50 IEMs with real rosewood, taking on the $500 big boys! 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO L9 L-Shaped Line Out Dock (LOD) Cable For iPod and iPhone by ryanjsoo
- › Espressivo-E by Feliks Audio by thatonenoob
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by istirsin
- › ONKYO A800 50mm Open Back Headphone by Sonic Defender
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by Whitigir
- › Brainwavz Jive by Feilong4
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...