Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAudio Technicatagged by System, 7/23/10
- productAudio-Technica ATH-A900 Headphonestagged by System, 7/23/10
- productAudio-Technica ATH-AD900tagged by System, 7/23/10
- brandAudio Technica HEADPHONEStagged by System, 7/23/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/23/10
- brandJVCtagged by System, 7/23/10
- productJVC HARX700 High-Grade Full-Size Headphonetagged by System, 7/23/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 7/23/10
Related Forum Threads
- Just got my m50s. Is something wrong with them? Last post on 8/12/10 at 10:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- New headphones this October, help please Last post on 7/31/10 at 9:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help with choosing lower priced headphone. Last post on 7/25/10 at 2:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for a big noggin, any suggestions? Newbie here. Last post on 7/7/10 at 9:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- proper setup for ath-a900? Last post on 7/9/10 at 5:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Been looking for some new closed headphones, with only three at the moment and for some time in fact. Good ones, though: Sony MDR Z1000, Sony MDR 7520, and Senn Amperiors, Sometimes you just...
There are many great headphones in this SUB-$150 category , I have a good amount of headphones in the range and have tried a good enough of them to know what to expect in this category The...
(Note - XL ear pads are installed. The sound will be judged based on that.) Introduction: I purchased these headphones mainly out of curiosity. I was reading reviews and watching youtubers...
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
JVC harx700 - a poor mans ath-a900!! - Page 9post #121 of 2273/15/10 at 1:16am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #122 of 2273/15/10 at 11:40ampost #123 of 2273/15/10 at 5:18pmQuote:
Guess I'll go with Provantage . D:post #124 of 2273/15/10 at 5:41pmpost #125 of 2273/26/10 at 7:17pmWarning: I am a noob to decent IEMs and headphones. For years I've worn many $10 cheapies from Ratshack, etc, all failed within 12 months. Last year I bought some $20 Sony MDR-V150s because they looked sturdy and had a longer cord on them. They were clampy and never sounded right to me. I actually got some JVC Flats recently, but one side rattled badly so I decided to skip them and get something better instead.
I did a lot of reading here and received my "mid-range" JVC HA-RX700s today. Out of the box, I immediately noticed detail that's completely missing in the Sonys, DOH. I have a favoite song that is only 64Kbps and I can actually hear how crappy it is now, and my hearing svcks. The JVCs also are less clampy than the Sony, pretty comfy excpet my ears to get a little warmer perhaps, still very tolerable though since they fit better. I read about these needed to be modded, not so sure now. I also ordered some "expensive" $80 Audio Technica ATH-AD700 and "cheap" Koss KSC75s to play with, but am not sure either can get much better than these.
Thanks to everyone who has written about and recommended these JVC HA-RX700s.
Since I promised to get my wife something new when I found out her ear buds were basically useless, I've purchased a few (5) sets of IEMs, want one more pair for about $100, and am waiting for the other headphones. I have hauled an old 2-channel Rotel amp/preamp B&W speakers out of the closet, now my old Pioneer tape deck to convert wifes cassettes to digital. I even put a new AV-710 soundcard I had laying around in the PC. This site has consumed me for about a month!!
Jimpost #126 of 2274/1/10 at 8:02pmpost #127 of 2277/23/10 at 7:39am
Hello all....I just found this forum while searching for some decent headphones. Based on this thread, I ordered a pair of the RX700's - the price was right and they'll be worlds better than the crappy $10 headphones I'm used to. My main question is, running these from a smartphone or ipod....do you need an amplifier? Would the volume increase a lot with an amplifier? And finally...since I know next to nothing about amplifiers, how much does a suitable amp for my application COST?
Thanks in advance guys,
Warnerpost #128 of 2277/23/10 at 1:05pmpost #129 of 2277/23/10 at 3:34pmpost #130 of 2277/24/10 at 5:27pm
Thanks Kite7. I'll try them without and see how they sound before buying something unnecessary....
Warnerpost #131 of 2275/8/11 at 9:34ampost #132 of 2275/16/11 at 10:08pm
It's actually VERY good. With the TV on average volume 12 feet away from my head the outside volume is cut in half.... at least with no mods.
I just did a quick mod by using a piece of tissue in place of the foam used in the mod thread and it really helps by making the ear cup deeper which I find increases noise isolation and improving the seal.post #133 of 2276/17/11 at 12:12pm
How's the midrange with the harx700/900? Is it lush, detailed, and slightly forward? Or is it recessed or colored?
How about the midrange of the jvc flats? Which sounds better, the flats or the harx's?post #134 of 2276/17/11 at 12:28pmpost #135 of 2276/17/11 at 1:50pm
It's definitely not their strong point, buy them if you want bass quality.
Superlux HD668B looks like a better bet if it's midrange you're after.
Edited by 200poundsofamp - 6/17/11 at 1:54pm
- JVC harx700 - a poor mans ath-a900!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 11 seconds ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 28 seconds ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 59 seconds ago
- › New user, low cost good quality dac/headphone amp 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › [Review] Oppo PM-1, Oppo hit the nail on the head 2 minutes ago
- › FS: Koss Porta Pro 25th Anniversary 3 minutes ago
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by zazex
- › Ultrasone HFI-450 by MrTechAgent
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude