Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Just got my m50s. Is something wrong with them? Last post on 8/12/10 at 10:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- New headphones this October, help please Last post on 7/31/10 at 9:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help with choosing lower priced headphone. Last post on 7/25/10 at 2:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for a big noggin, any suggestions? Newbie here. Last post on 7/7/10 at 9:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- proper setup for ath-a900? Last post on 7/9/10 at 5:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Edited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaEdited on 1/6/13
Okay..well this is my first review..if you may call it so..hence any,,amatuerish mistakes be forgiven..here we go.. So i saved some money(i'm always short of it) for the Vsonic gr02 be..after...
I used to be sure that I am not a basshead. My favorite IEMs for the longest time were RE-0, my favorite headphones were (and still are) various variations of ATH "sweet treble" sound signature,...
It's exactly what it says it is. I've tried some pretty incredibly expensive DAPs - Honestly, in my opinion, a lot of them just add colouration, or EQ, or look pretty. Some of them do perform...
Jazz sounds real good on these. Classic music sounds pretty clear, like when the violin is playing and stuff. Vocals sound pretty good. 80's sound vibrant. dubstep/hardstyle, sounds...
No other headphone has surprised me in the manner that the Tactic 3D managed to. I originally purchased them because I needed headphones to do a Skype interview, and I wanted something...
JVC harx700 - a poor mans ath-a900!! - Page 9post #121 of 2273/15/10 at 1:16am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #122 of 2273/15/10 at 11:40ampost #123 of 2273/15/10 at 5:18pmQuote:
Guess I'll go with Provantage . D:post #124 of 2273/15/10 at 5:41pmpost #125 of 2273/26/10 at 7:17pmWarning: I am a noob to decent IEMs and headphones. For years I've worn many $10 cheapies from Ratshack, etc, all failed within 12 months. Last year I bought some $20 Sony MDR-V150s because they looked sturdy and had a longer cord on them. They were clampy and never sounded right to me. I actually got some JVC Flats recently, but one side rattled badly so I decided to skip them and get something better instead.
I did a lot of reading here and received my "mid-range" JVC HA-RX700s today. Out of the box, I immediately noticed detail that's completely missing in the Sonys, DOH. I have a favoite song that is only 64Kbps and I can actually hear how crappy it is now, and my hearing svcks. The JVCs also are less clampy than the Sony, pretty comfy excpet my ears to get a little warmer perhaps, still very tolerable though since they fit better. I read about these needed to be modded, not so sure now. I also ordered some "expensive" $80 Audio Technica ATH-AD700 and "cheap" Koss KSC75s to play with, but am not sure either can get much better than these.
Thanks to everyone who has written about and recommended these JVC HA-RX700s.
Since I promised to get my wife something new when I found out her ear buds were basically useless, I've purchased a few (5) sets of IEMs, want one more pair for about $100, and am waiting for the other headphones. I have hauled an old 2-channel Rotel amp/preamp B&W speakers out of the closet, now my old Pioneer tape deck to convert wifes cassettes to digital. I even put a new AV-710 soundcard I had laying around in the PC. This site has consumed me for about a month!!
Jimpost #126 of 2274/1/10 at 8:02pmpost #127 of 2277/23/10 at 7:39am
Hello all....I just found this forum while searching for some decent headphones. Based on this thread, I ordered a pair of the RX700's - the price was right and they'll be worlds better than the crappy $10 headphones I'm used to. My main question is, running these from a smartphone or ipod....do you need an amplifier? Would the volume increase a lot with an amplifier? And finally...since I know next to nothing about amplifiers, how much does a suitable amp for my application COST?
Thanks in advance guys,
Warnerpost #128 of 2277/23/10 at 1:05pmpost #129 of 2277/23/10 at 3:34pmpost #130 of 2277/24/10 at 5:27pm
Thanks Kite7. I'll try them without and see how they sound before buying something unnecessary....
Warnerpost #131 of 2275/8/11 at 9:34ampost #132 of 2275/16/11 at 10:08pm
It's actually VERY good. With the TV on average volume 12 feet away from my head the outside volume is cut in half.... at least with no mods.
I just did a quick mod by using a piece of tissue in place of the foam used in the mod thread and it really helps by making the ear cup deeper which I find increases noise isolation and improving the seal.post #133 of 2276/17/11 at 12:12pm
How's the midrange with the harx700/900? Is it lush, detailed, and slightly forward? Or is it recessed or colored?
How about the midrange of the jvc flats? Which sounds better, the flats or the harx's?post #134 of 2276/17/11 at 12:28pmpost #135 of 2276/17/11 at 1:50pm
It's definitely not their strong point, buy them if you want bass quality.
Superlux HD668B looks like a better bet if it's midrange you're after.
Edited by 200poundsofamp - 6/17/11 at 1:54pm
- JVC harx700 - a poor mans ath-a900!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Philips Fidelio S2. Shockingly amazing... 12 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser IE80...perfect condition 36 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 39 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review 41 seconds ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 - a review in progress: Factory visit starting pg... 1 minute ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 1 minute ago
- › Google Nexus 4 2 minutes ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl who is now 30! ~ Part 2 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K712 PRO Announced 2 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! Headphones by imagic
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by Aakash
- › Hisoundaudio Wooduo 2 by iern
- › Apple iPod classic 160 GB Silver (7th Generation) NEWEST MODEL by jensy
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by dietcoke2am
- › Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D Sigma USB Gaming Headset by imagic
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by David Chavez
- › iBasso DX100 Reference DAP by Poetic
- › Razer Tiamat 7.1 by helmutssss
- › Sony Xperia S Black by TheBrutux168
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe