- 46 Posts. Joined 5/2003
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Newbie recommendations? Last post on 9/12/10 at 6:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Alessandro Music Series MS1 FAN CLUB! Last post on 6/12/16 at 2:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- My Grado SR80 SR125 SR225 MS-1 MS-2i HF-1 Mini Round-up in Q&A Format Last post on 9/2/11 at 11:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado SR80i vs. 125i Last post on 10/20/11 at 3:57am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Background It’s safe to say that Massdrop has played a decent role in both introducing new products to the headphone community while highlighting others through their group-purchase...
Introduction – The original d900 from Syllable made quite a splash when it first arrived on the market. It was one of the very first fully wireless earphones ever produced. Furthermore, it was...
The Fiio E12A Mont Blanc portable headphone amplifier is a great amp for IEM's and earbuds. The sound signature is slightly on the warm side, and presents a much fuller sound and wider...
**Disclaimer: I received the M3 from FiiO in return for my honest review** I have been watching FiiO's product line-up for quite some time. I've played with the X1 DAP owned by a friend and...
At the time this review was written the iBasso D14 Bushmaster DAC/Amplifier was for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to iBasso’s product page display, and also a listing on Penon...
What exactly are the Alessandro MS1s?post #1 of 146/23/03 at 5:53amThread StarterI have read a bunch of post about the MS1s being modified Grados. And many opinions about the sound quality and where they fall in on the Grado heaphones scale. But what I want to know is; what are they really? Are they modified SR80s, SR125s or etc.? Not speculations or opinions, but maybe actual data from Grado or Alessandro about them. Or maybe even a physical comparison of the MS1s to the Grado line.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 146/23/03 at 5:57amWouldn't mind a bit of detailed info myself, I've been thinking of getting them in but don't really know exactly where they fit in regards to each other / grado etc.post #3 of 146/23/03 at 5:59ampost #4 of 146/23/03 at 7:19am
Alessandro MS1In my opinion, the Alessandro MS1 is one of the best bargains in headphones for those who enjoy the Grado sound. They are better than the SR80's for sure, having a somewhat flatter more neutral sound. In other words they capture the great dynamic sound and impact of Grados with less of the aggressive treble.
Call them 'refined' Grados.
Mine came with a 1/4" plug, but I've heard you can order them with a mini.
If I remember correctly the $99 price includes shipping.post #5 of 146/23/03 at 9:20ampost #6 of 146/23/03 at 9:45ampost #7 of 146/23/03 at 12:03pmIn the process of researching the Alessandro MS-1's I compiled some 20 pages of posts from here and headwize. Summary: 1)Some controversy about whether the MS-1's are upgraded sr-80's or just modded sr-125's. 2)They are reputed to be more neutral/analytical than either. 3)Excellent value.
If you want to read the original posts, you can do the searches on both forums or e-mail me and I'll send them to you.post #8 of 146/23/03 at 1:29pmThread StarterQuote:
Originally posted by Jeff E
In the process of researching the Alessandro MS-1's I compiled some 20 pages of posts from here and headwize. Summary: 1)Some controversy about whether the MS-1's are upgraded sr-80's or just modded sr-125's. 2)They are reputed to be more neutral/analytical than either. 3)Excellent value.
If you want to read the original posts, you can do the searches on both forums or e-mail me and I'll send them to you.
Could you just e-mail the links to me?post #9 of 146/23/03 at 1:54pmpost #10 of 147/11/10 at 2:14pmpost #11 of 147/11/10 at 2:43pmpost #12 of 147/13/10 at 9:24pmpost #13 of 148/6/10 at 1:21ampost #14 of 148/6/10 at 9:09am
- What exactly are the Alessandro MS1s?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
Currently, there are 2659 Active Users (473 Members and 2186 Guests)
- › Win A FiiO DK1 (Multifunction Dock) with Your Comments---- A Harbor... 37 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Rose Technology Discussion & Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Shanling M2 DAP 6 minutes ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 8 minutes ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 9 minutes ago
- › Best open-back headphone for movie and music? 12 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 12 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 13 minutes ago
- › Near Mint Black Oppo PM-3 w/ original box 13 minutes ago
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by Jeremypsp
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by twister6
- › LZ-A2S by peter123
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...