- 46 Posts. Joined 5/2003
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Newbie recommendations? Last post on 9/12/10 at 6:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Alessandro Music Series MS1 FAN CLUB! Last post on 2/15/15 at 7:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My Grado SR80 SR125 SR225 MS-1 MS-2i HF-1 Mini Round-up in Q&A Format Last post on 9/2/11 at 11:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado SR80i vs. 125i Last post on 10/20/11 at 3:57am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This review is for Aurisonics Rockets in ears, a little about me I am 38 years old and have been into hi-res audio since I was in middle school. I don't consider myself an audiophile like many on...
Incipio F38 Remember the famous budget cans, the RP-HTF600? They we're great once modded, and so are these! So let's talk. This won't be a Super Detailed Review. Overall Sound: Highs...
wouldn't recommend if you're going to pay for $100 or above. Reasonable price should have been around $70. The only selling point is the open soundstage, would make a goid pair for movies or...
Just purchased these to see if the review-ratings were any close to reality. Quite a bit yeah. I thought it's good to have them with you if you want to occasionally let a friend listen with...
Sennheiser Momentum 1.0 On-Ears Quick Review Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/760881/sennheiser-momentum-1-0-on-ears-review-by-mark2410 Brief: Sennheiser’s style range On...
What exactly are the Alessandro MS1s?post #1 of 146/23/03 at 5:53amThread StarterI have read a bunch of post about the MS1s being modified Grados. And many opinions about the sound quality and where they fall in on the Grado heaphones scale. But what I want to know is; what are they really? Are they modified SR80s, SR125s or etc.? Not speculations or opinions, but maybe actual data from Grado or Alessandro about them. Or maybe even a physical comparison of the MS1s to the Grado line.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 146/23/03 at 5:57amWouldn't mind a bit of detailed info myself, I've been thinking of getting them in but don't really know exactly where they fit in regards to each other / grado etc.post #3 of 146/23/03 at 5:59ampost #4 of 146/23/03 at 7:19am
Alessandro MS1In my opinion, the Alessandro MS1 is one of the best bargains in headphones for those who enjoy the Grado sound. They are better than the SR80's for sure, having a somewhat flatter more neutral sound. In other words they capture the great dynamic sound and impact of Grados with less of the aggressive treble.
Call them 'refined' Grados.
Mine came with a 1/4" plug, but I've heard you can order them with a mini.
If I remember correctly the $99 price includes shipping.post #5 of 146/23/03 at 9:20ampost #6 of 146/23/03 at 9:45ampost #7 of 146/23/03 at 12:03pmIn the process of researching the Alessandro MS-1's I compiled some 20 pages of posts from here and headwize. Summary: 1)Some controversy about whether the MS-1's are upgraded sr-80's or just modded sr-125's. 2)They are reputed to be more neutral/analytical than either. 3)Excellent value.
If you want to read the original posts, you can do the searches on both forums or e-mail me and I'll send them to you.post #8 of 146/23/03 at 1:29pmThread StarterQuote:
Originally posted by Jeff E
In the process of researching the Alessandro MS-1's I compiled some 20 pages of posts from here and headwize. Summary: 1)Some controversy about whether the MS-1's are upgraded sr-80's or just modded sr-125's. 2)They are reputed to be more neutral/analytical than either. 3)Excellent value.
If you want to read the original posts, you can do the searches on both forums or e-mail me and I'll send them to you.
Could you just e-mail the links to me?post #9 of 146/23/03 at 1:54pmpost #10 of 147/11/10 at 2:14pmpost #11 of 147/11/10 at 2:43pmpost #12 of 147/13/10 at 9:24pmpost #13 of 148/6/10 at 1:21ampost #14 of 148/6/10 at 9:09am
- What exactly are the Alessandro MS1s?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
Currently, there are 2828 Active Users (508 Members and 2320 Guests)
- › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread 13 seconds ago
- › HM-901 28 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally!... 1 minute ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 1 minute ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 2 minutes ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New... 3 minutes ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › KingSound KS-H3? 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 4 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Bose® IE2 audio headphones by Sarurururu
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by Ruwetuin
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by trane1992
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Ultrasone DJ1 PRO by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Stereocilia
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2