- 46 Posts. Joined 5/2003
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Newbie recommendations? Last post on 9/12/10 at 6:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Alessandro Music Series MS1 FAN CLUB! Last post on 7/20/15 at 6:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- My Grado SR80 SR125 SR225 MS-1 MS-2i HF-1 Mini Round-up in Q&A Format Last post on 9/2/11 at 11:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado SR80i vs. 125i Last post on 10/20/11 at 3:57am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The ATH-CK9LTD’s were purchased by me and I’m not in any way affiliated with Audio-Technica. I’ve reviewed the ATH-CKR9 and ATH-CKR10 earlier, those reviews are available...
Intro: JDS Labs, Is an American company based in Collinsville, Illinois. They make headphone amplifiers & DAC’s. Mr. John Seaber is the man behind JDS Labs. We might remember JDS Labs when they...
For the price they offer great clarity, but I cannot reccomend these to people who mainly listen to bass heavy music. I still use my UM Pro10's regularly (I also have a pair of Audio Technica...
I have been searching best headphone(for me not for everyone I'm sorry) last half year. Now I found Sennheiser HD600/650 is one of best headphone for classical music and for me. I bought around...
I would like to start with saying thank you to Brainwavz and Pandora for letting me check out the Brainwavz Jive. The Brainwavz Jive is available from...
What exactly are the Alessandro MS1s?post #1 of 146/23/03 at 5:53amThread StarterI have read a bunch of post about the MS1s being modified Grados. And many opinions about the sound quality and where they fall in on the Grado heaphones scale. But what I want to know is; what are they really? Are they modified SR80s, SR125s or etc.? Not speculations or opinions, but maybe actual data from Grado or Alessandro about them. Or maybe even a physical comparison of the MS1s to the Grado line.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 146/23/03 at 5:57amWouldn't mind a bit of detailed info myself, I've been thinking of getting them in but don't really know exactly where they fit in regards to each other / grado etc.post #3 of 146/23/03 at 5:59ampost #4 of 146/23/03 at 7:19am
Alessandro MS1In my opinion, the Alessandro MS1 is one of the best bargains in headphones for those who enjoy the Grado sound. They are better than the SR80's for sure, having a somewhat flatter more neutral sound. In other words they capture the great dynamic sound and impact of Grados with less of the aggressive treble.
Call them 'refined' Grados.
Mine came with a 1/4" plug, but I've heard you can order them with a mini.
If I remember correctly the $99 price includes shipping.post #5 of 146/23/03 at 9:20ampost #6 of 146/23/03 at 9:45ampost #7 of 146/23/03 at 12:03pmIn the process of researching the Alessandro MS-1's I compiled some 20 pages of posts from here and headwize. Summary: 1)Some controversy about whether the MS-1's are upgraded sr-80's or just modded sr-125's. 2)They are reputed to be more neutral/analytical than either. 3)Excellent value.
If you want to read the original posts, you can do the searches on both forums or e-mail me and I'll send them to you.post #8 of 146/23/03 at 1:29pmThread StarterQuote:
Originally posted by Jeff E
In the process of researching the Alessandro MS-1's I compiled some 20 pages of posts from here and headwize. Summary: 1)Some controversy about whether the MS-1's are upgraded sr-80's or just modded sr-125's. 2)They are reputed to be more neutral/analytical than either. 3)Excellent value.
If you want to read the original posts, you can do the searches on both forums or e-mail me and I'll send them to you.
Could you just e-mail the links to me?post #9 of 146/23/03 at 1:54pmpost #10 of 147/11/10 at 2:14pmpost #11 of 147/11/10 at 2:43pmpost #12 of 147/13/10 at 9:24pmpost #13 of 148/6/10 at 1:21ampost #14 of 148/6/10 at 9:09am
- What exactly are the Alessandro MS1s?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
Currently, there are 3422 Active Users (681 Members and 2741 Guests)
- › Hd600 fan w/Vali seeking closed back 5 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear Impressions 18 seconds ago
- › Grado modders go Magnum 20 seconds ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 31 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 42 seconds ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 49 seconds ago
- › Gustard Amplifiers and DACs 54 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 1 minute ago
- › Panasonic CZs (HJE900) Appreciation Thread and Pending Review 1 minute ago
- › Audio-technica Ath-m50 Studio Monitor Headphones Limited Red Model... by peter123
- › JDS Labs ODAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by ShaftShanker
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Pokemonn
- › Brainwavz Jive by peter123
- › SoundMAGIC E50S In Ear Isolating Earphones with Microphone - RED by pformagg
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by Malfunkt
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by ezekiel77
- › SMSL sApII Pro by DaveLT
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by abyatar
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2