- 46 Posts. Joined 5/2003
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Newbie recommendations? Last post on 9/12/10 at 6:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Alessandro Music Series MS1 FAN CLUB! Last post on 12/17/14 at 4:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- My Grado SR80 SR125 SR225 MS-1 MS-2i HF-1 Mini Round-up in Q&A Format Last post on 9/2/11 at 11:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado SR80i vs. 125i Last post on 10/20/11 at 3:57am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I am penning down my opinion about the Hidizs AP100 Digital Audio Player. I will try to keep this review simple as possible and I hope it would be easy to read, and will help fellow enthusiasts to...
thanks to it's overall sound quality, details are not even a problem with kdx200. you'll get back every detail you lost on cheaper models like Xiaomi Piston, Brainwavz M4-M5. and there's also some...
after M4 & Xiaomi Piston 2, i finally got a M5 to audition. i listened it for 2 days and here's my thoughts: soundstage is the same again, small in every aspect. bass, treble, vocals, mids...
These are great headphones I was turned onto from the forum. On this forum you have to assess who is enthusiastic about what. Generally, there is a difference between enthusiasm from novices...
What exactly are the Alessandro MS1s?post #1 of 146/23/03 at 5:53amThread StarterI have read a bunch of post about the MS1s being modified Grados. And many opinions about the sound quality and where they fall in on the Grado heaphones scale. But what I want to know is; what are they really? Are they modified SR80s, SR125s or etc.? Not speculations or opinions, but maybe actual data from Grado or Alessandro about them. Or maybe even a physical comparison of the MS1s to the Grado line.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 146/23/03 at 5:57amWouldn't mind a bit of detailed info myself, I've been thinking of getting them in but don't really know exactly where they fit in regards to each other / grado etc.post #3 of 146/23/03 at 5:59ampost #4 of 146/23/03 at 7:19am
Alessandro MS1In my opinion, the Alessandro MS1 is one of the best bargains in headphones for those who enjoy the Grado sound. They are better than the SR80's for sure, having a somewhat flatter more neutral sound. In other words they capture the great dynamic sound and impact of Grados with less of the aggressive treble.
Call them 'refined' Grados.
Mine came with a 1/4" plug, but I've heard you can order them with a mini.
If I remember correctly the $99 price includes shipping.post #5 of 146/23/03 at 9:20ampost #6 of 146/23/03 at 9:45ampost #7 of 146/23/03 at 12:03pmIn the process of researching the Alessandro MS-1's I compiled some 20 pages of posts from here and headwize. Summary: 1)Some controversy about whether the MS-1's are upgraded sr-80's or just modded sr-125's. 2)They are reputed to be more neutral/analytical than either. 3)Excellent value.
If you want to read the original posts, you can do the searches on both forums or e-mail me and I'll send them to you.post #8 of 146/23/03 at 1:29pmThread StarterQuote:
Originally posted by Jeff E
In the process of researching the Alessandro MS-1's I compiled some 20 pages of posts from here and headwize. Summary: 1)Some controversy about whether the MS-1's are upgraded sr-80's or just modded sr-125's. 2)They are reputed to be more neutral/analytical than either. 3)Excellent value.
If you want to read the original posts, you can do the searches on both forums or e-mail me and I'll send them to you.
Could you just e-mail the links to me?post #9 of 146/23/03 at 1:54pmpost #10 of 147/11/10 at 2:14pmpost #11 of 147/11/10 at 2:43pmpost #12 of 147/13/10 at 9:24pmpost #13 of 148/6/10 at 1:21ampost #14 of 148/6/10 at 9:09am
- What exactly are the Alessandro MS1s?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
Currently, there are 3493 Active Users (615 Members and 2878 Guests)
- › Cases suitable for carrying around CIEMs? 17 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 19 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 38 seconds ago
- › Grado e Series 45 seconds ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 51 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 53 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions,... 1 minute ago
- › The Schiitstorm: Next-Gen Magni 2 and Modi 2 Family! 1 minute ago
- › Question about amps for the Stax SR-009 2 minutes ago
- › 5.1 Headphone experience *Foobar configuration for all stereo music... 2 minutes ago
- › Hidizs AP100 Portable HiFi Audio Player in Black / Silver White by YoYo JoKeR
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by heovuitinh
- › Koss KDX200 by vaziyetu
- › Brainwavz M5 by vaziyetu
- › beyerynamic DT 150 Compact Closed Headphone (250 Ohms) by jdpark
- › Sony MDR-1R by gerelmx1986
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by JAMEZTHEBOI
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Pacal
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by musikaladin
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by Galvatron
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)