- 46 Posts. Joined 5/2003
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Newbie recommendations? Last post on 9/12/10 at 6:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Alessandro Music Series MS1 FAN CLUB! Last post on 8/29/16 at 9:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My Grado SR80 SR125 SR225 MS-1 MS-2i HF-1 Mini Round-up in Q&A Format Last post on 9/2/11 at 11:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado SR80i vs. 125i Last post on 10/20/11 at 3:57am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The iFi Audio Micro iDSD was sent to me by iFi with help from their Norwegian distributor Audioaktøren for the purpose of doing this review and including it in my recently started $250+ amp/DAC...
This is pretty much the same weightless, rickety, tiny player apparently offered by Kogan, oRiver, Ritmix, etc. It comes decently boxed with a soft pouch, USB cable, and nice looking (if...
Aune M2 Pro Review Intro : Since the past few years I had kept myself away from trying out any new DAPs or audio gear since I was pretty satisfied with my Fiio X5 (1st gen) and Sansa Clip...
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all my...
Some "Provenance" to the Brand Name: Ocharaku is a "tea themed" company based in Japan. Focusing on Dynamic Driver IEM's, Ocharaku pushes the envelope when it comes to breaking the negative...
What exactly are the Alessandro MS1s?post #1 of 146/23/03 at 5:53amThread StarterI have read a bunch of post about the MS1s being modified Grados. And many opinions about the sound quality and where they fall in on the Grado heaphones scale. But what I want to know is; what are they really? Are they modified SR80s, SR125s or etc.? Not speculations or opinions, but maybe actual data from Grado or Alessandro about them. Or maybe even a physical comparison of the MS1s to the Grado line.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 146/23/03 at 5:57amWouldn't mind a bit of detailed info myself, I've been thinking of getting them in but don't really know exactly where they fit in regards to each other / grado etc.post #3 of 146/23/03 at 5:59ampost #4 of 146/23/03 at 7:19am
Alessandro MS1In my opinion, the Alessandro MS1 is one of the best bargains in headphones for those who enjoy the Grado sound. They are better than the SR80's for sure, having a somewhat flatter more neutral sound. In other words they capture the great dynamic sound and impact of Grados with less of the aggressive treble.
Call them 'refined' Grados.
Mine came with a 1/4" plug, but I've heard you can order them with a mini.
If I remember correctly the $99 price includes shipping.post #5 of 146/23/03 at 9:20ampost #6 of 146/23/03 at 9:45ampost #7 of 146/23/03 at 12:03pmIn the process of researching the Alessandro MS-1's I compiled some 20 pages of posts from here and headwize. Summary: 1)Some controversy about whether the MS-1's are upgraded sr-80's or just modded sr-125's. 2)They are reputed to be more neutral/analytical than either. 3)Excellent value.
If you want to read the original posts, you can do the searches on both forums or e-mail me and I'll send them to you.post #8 of 146/23/03 at 1:29pmThread StarterQuote:
Originally posted by Jeff E
In the process of researching the Alessandro MS-1's I compiled some 20 pages of posts from here and headwize. Summary: 1)Some controversy about whether the MS-1's are upgraded sr-80's or just modded sr-125's. 2)They are reputed to be more neutral/analytical than either. 3)Excellent value.
If you want to read the original posts, you can do the searches on both forums or e-mail me and I'll send them to you.
Could you just e-mail the links to me?post #9 of 146/23/03 at 1:54pmpost #10 of 147/11/10 at 2:14pmpost #11 of 147/11/10 at 2:43pmpost #12 of 147/13/10 at 9:24pmpost #13 of 148/6/10 at 1:21ampost #14 of 148/6/10 at 9:09am
- What exactly are the Alessandro MS1s?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
Currently, there are 3143 Active Users (667 Members and 2476 Guests)
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 1 minute ago
- › Cowon Plenue D 3 minutes ago
- › Shure 846 vs. JH Roxanne's 3 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 4 minutes ago
- › Looking for Extremely Comfortable Cans 4 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 4 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 5 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by peter123
- › Basic M90 by Lad3
- › Aune M2 32BIT DSD portable music player by Faheem
- › Westone MMCX Bluetooth Cable, 78548 by twister6
- › Ocharaku Co-Donguri IEM by kevingzw
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by crabdog
- › Mixcder ShareMe Wireless Bluetooth Headphones,Built in Mic for... by iancraig10
- › Mixcder ANC-G5 Active Noise Cancelling Hi-Fi In-ear Headphones,... by pkshiu
- › Superlux HD-668 B by HiFiChris
- › Meze 99 Classics by HansBarbarossa
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...