New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sleek customs?

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 
Are they available already? If so has anyone tried them?
post #2 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by scytheavatar View Post
Are they available already? If so has anyone tried them?
Yah, I heard they were gonna start making customs but only a few ppl seem to have pre-production models so I'm not sure they're available to the public yet. Nor do I know when they will be but I'd be interested to see what they cost when they're released.

EDIT: Here is a review... Seems they're just customized versions of the SA6s.
post #3 of 8
Check out the redone Sleek site, they are $299 and the SA6's are now $206 on their site. Wireless adapter is $120 as well. You can preorder the wireless and I'm pretty sure the customs are out. If you can't find out from the site, just pm or email JasonK.
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by metllicamilitia View Post
Check out the redone Sleek site, they are $299 and the SA6's are now $206 on their site. Wireless adapter is $120 as well. You can preorder the wireless and I'm pretty sure the customs are out. If you can't find out from the site, just pm or email JasonK.
Oh yeah, just saw the new site, I looked about a week and a half ago and there was nothing about customs.

They're $299, though? That's pretty pricey considering they're single balanced armature, there are at least 2 companies out there at the moment making dual drivers for around $250 and Freq (if and when they come back, hopefully) make a triple driver monitor for $240! Sound a little expensive to me, but I havent heard them so I can't really comment.
post #5 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stikk View Post
Oh yeah, just saw the new site, I looked about a week and a half ago and there was nothing about customs.

They're $299, though? That's pretty pricey considering they're single balanced armature, there are at least 2 companies out there at the moment making dual drivers for around $250 and Freq (if and when they come back, hopefully) make a triple driver monitor for $240! Sound a little expensive to me, but I havent heard them so I can't really comment.
Dual, Triple driver =/= better, as anyone can tell you the single driver sleeks can easily outperform many dual and even triple driver earphones.
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by scytheavatar View Post
Dual, Triple driver =/= better, as anyone can tell you the single driver sleeks can easily outperform many dual and even triple driver earphones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scytheavatar View Post
Dual, Triple driver =/= better, as anyone can tell you the single driver sleeks can easily outperform many dual and even triple driver earphones.
I don't quite understand how that works, thought, I mean how can 1 driver of a specific type be better than 3 of another type? If it was dynamic vs. balanced armature then maybe but it's my understanding these sleeks use balanced armature like all the custom IEMs I have come across.

From my experience, good speakers sound better when you have 2 or more separated by a crossover, that way each one plays to its strengths, but how can these sleeks sound as good as or better than dual or triple driver units when they have one driver replicating all the frequencies?
post #7 of 8
Superior engineering? The biggest technical challenge in making dual and triple drivers "work", is getting the crossover circuitry right. TF10's, SE530's and Westones, are at the top of the game for universals because of that. The SA6's are often compared to (in SQ) to those phones, because they just about outclass everything else.
post #8 of 8
Considering the SA6's are my first top end IEM, I can't compare them to the other top end IEM's, but I do know they are amazing. I think for an IEM, they rival my step-dads, multi-thousand dollar stereo system. His speakers alone cost him $600, they are Legacy speakers for those who are curious and will cost about $1200 a pair now. These guys are amazing, before I ask Jason about it, does anyone know if I can get custom tips for my SA6's or if I have to buy the customs straight out for $300?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: