Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Rap Sucks
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rap Sucks - Page 38  

post #556 of 782
server fart, ignore
post #557 of 782
Um, I think Mark_H was being sarcastic in a fun way. That song was bloody 'orrible.
post #558 of 782
Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeAmEye View Post
Was posting the youtube of Edan a joke? That was terrible.


The Atmosphere and Lupe Fiasco lyrics are pretty good. The others are garbage.

There are plenty of rock hater clubs, btw, and there are just as many generalities about rock from the rap crowd. Most rock fans don't defend the genre like a hungry pitbull tearing someone's leg off like the rap supporters do. Know why? We like rock, and don't care if someone else doesn't like it. Generally speaking of course, as there are plenty of dudes willing to put their army boot in your nose if you say "Pantera sucks".

All day at work the entire office makes fun of what I listen to while they put some awful r&b/rap station. Doesn't bother me in the least, but it's real easy to bait them into an argument if I pass by and comment about whatever garbage "song" is currently being played.
Generally minorities have to be more outspoken when they are being knocked. Sure you guys say that rap is taking over the world and stuff, but honestly as a whole, people don't respect rap as a genre and some more extreme people think it should just die off.
post #559 of 782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calexico View Post
Generally minorities have to be more outspoken when they are being knocked. Sure you guys say that rap is taking over the world and stuff, but honestly as a whole, people don't respect rap as a genre and some more extreme people think it should just die off.

I sure as hell wish it would die off...

I know we could go in circles forever, but rap as a whole has deserved far more criticism than any other genre, being that it is a genre that relied almost SOLELY (especially in the earlier years) on direct sampling of music, and "as a whole" has spewed more negativity and venom than any other genre, by a very wide margin in the mainstream. Doesn't matter what the reason for doing so was/is, but that is the simple reality.
post #560 of 782
Quote:
Originally Posted by milkweg View Post
Um, I think Mark_H was being sarcastic in a fun way. That song was bloody 'orrible.
I doubt he was being sarcastic, he probably just likes the song (I know I do). That song's from a fairly obscure album, but one which is pretty highly acclaimed by those who have heard it.
post #561 of 782
No I think he was joking because he was bashing rap the previous page.
post #562 of 782
Didn't notice that
post #563 of 782
Rap sucks?...didn't disco suck? Oh yeah, that was another decade.
Regardless of rap's content - you gotta admit it brought back the funk from the doldrums of the Eighties that's what makes some of it so dangerous - you hear a groovy ass bassline a solid beat and on top of it some of the nastiest attitude put on record...I'll listen to Snoop's 'Doggy Style' anytime - dat's sum funky ass sh**!
Get's the party started a lot easier than throwing on some Emperor.
LL
post #564 of 782
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocker View Post
Rap sucks?...didn't disco suck? Oh yeah, that was another decade.
Regardless of rap's content - you gotta admit it brought back the funk from the doldrums of the Eighties that's what makes some of it so dangerous - you hear a groovy ass bassline a solid beat and on top of it some of the nastiest attitude put on record...I'll listen to Snoop's 'Doggy Style' anytime - dat's sum funky ass sh**!
Get's the party started a lot easier than throwing on some Emperor.
Yes rap does suck... hilarious sig by the way.
post #565 of 782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calexico View Post
people don't respect rap as a genre and some more extreme people think it should just die off.
For good reason.
post #566 of 782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brighten View Post
hilarious sig by the way.
I don't know, he might be serious.
post #567 of 782

Wow I just joined and this thread really ******* pisses me off with all the ignorance. Rap IS music and all of you faggots saying "All rap sucks" are ******* IGNORANT. Listen to some ******* underground hip hop before you make ******* sweeping generalizations you ******* clueless dickless turds....WU TANG CLAN...NAS...THE ROOTS..TUPAC.....BIGGIE SMALLS..just a few good ones. Open your mind and stop being ******* ignorant!!!!!

post #568 of 782

You do know the last time anyone mentioned anything on this thread was in 2009? I would edit your rage if you look at some of these guys that posted on this thread they were banned meaning they were kicked out of this community.  Probably because they were ignorant.


Edited by Dsnuts - 10/2/12 at 4:27pm
post #569 of 782

Good beat, and ya can dance to it ~

 

deadhorse.gif

 

Two and a half year old thread got you to sign-on, eh... Welcome ~

 

popcorn.gif

post #570 of 782

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Rap Sucks