Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Rap Sucks
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rap Sucks - Page 36  

post #526 of 782
BEP can rap-they're great!
post #527 of 782
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahwnfras View Post
On a success scale though he is the american dream, and he got it all from Hip-Hop. And at the moment I would say Lil Wayne is on top, no one is competing like him.
Why do you say **** like that? The quality of hip-hop, and music as a whole, is not measured by how popular it is. You know who's huge? The ******* Jonas Brothers. Does that make their music good? Of course not, it means their music appeals to pre-teen girls who are desperate to spend their money. Every time I ask someone why they like Lil Wayne (I personally think he's got good flow but his lyrics are garbage) they tell me that he's good because he makes a lot of money, and that I can't criticize him because I obviously don't make as much money as him. That's total *****, and I'm sick of hearing it. MC's with true talent don't flaunt their money and their fame like a gold medal in douchebaggery, and I don't want anything to do with the lowlifes that do.
post #528 of 782
Hmmm. I listened to some rap back in the late 1980s and early 1990s. I still listen to some of that now and then.

However, it seemed that the genre stagnated with the gangsta/thug stuff and never progressed. It's locked itself into a box, much like metal did before it. Rap, like metal, has become incredibly conservative. No, I don't mean the message or lyrics or anything political, but musically. There's a narrow set of prescribed boundaries that the genre just cannot break free from. Musically, rap is dead. It's been dead for at least a decade.

Much like metal, it'll fall into a niche that will never quite go away. But rap is fading fast. Ask any tween what they think of rap. It's uncool to the nearly-teen set. Within the next few years, they'll be setting the musical tastes, and rap will be firmly out of favor.
post #529 of 782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Erik View Post
Hmmm. I listened to some rap back in the late 1980s and early 1990s. I still listen to some of that now and then.

However, it seemed that the genre stagnated with the gangsta/thug stuff and never progressed. It's locked itself into a box, much like metal did before it. Rap, like metal, has become incredibly conservative. No, I don't mean the message or lyrics or anything political, but musically. There's a narrow set of prescribed boundaries that the genre just cannot break free from. Musically, rap is dead. It's been dead for at least a decade.

Much like metal, it'll fall into a niche that will never quite go away. But rap is fading fast. Ask any tween what they think of rap. It's uncool to the nearly-teen set. Within the next few years, they'll be setting the musical tastes, and rap will be firmly out of favor.
I think perhaps you'd reach a different conclusion if you expand your view into independent and international rap music.
post #530 of 782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Erik View Post
Much like metal, it'll fall into a niche that will never quite go away. But rap is fading fast. Ask any tween what they think of rap. It's uncool to the nearly-teen set. Within the next few years, they'll be setting the musical tastes, and rap will be firmly out of favor.
It's like there was a surplus at the flawed logic factory, and they shipped it all to this thread.
post #531 of 782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrage View Post
It's like there was a surplus at the flawed logic factory, and they shipped it all to this thread.
This factory has been incredibly productive lately and they've been handing it out for free.
There are some other threads getting more than their share too...
post #532 of 782
Lol, I think it's true that rap is now uncool though. Everyone wants to listen to classic rock.
post #533 of 782
RAP IS WACK!!! lol
post #534 of 782
Ya i agree with the opening statement, i don't even have to read the thread rap is cr**. period. There that was easy.
post #535 of 782
=\ This is genre-ism. It is plaguing the legions of head-fi'ers around the board, as the masters establish their (rightful?) superiority over the unfortunate genre of rap.
post #536 of 782
Lately rap's been crap

I also agree that rap has been stuck in rut. Nothing innovative since i'd say around 93-94 when Nas came out, Wu-Tang, all that east coast gritty rhyme stuff...BUT i think that on the production side, the beatmakers and DJs have really brought rap to a different level.

Lyrically no evolution but musically or beatwise, the producers are really what keeps rap alive...but i think its popularity is fading fast.
post #537 of 782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrage View Post
Why do you say **** like that? The quality of hip-hop, and music as a whole, is not measured by how popular it is. You know who's huge? The ******* Jonas Brothers. Does that make their music good? Of course not, it means their music appeals to pre-teen girls who are desperate to spend their money. Every time I ask someone why they like Lil Wayne (I personally think he's got good flow but his lyrics are garbage) they tell me that he's good because he makes a lot of money, and that I can't criticize him because I obviously don't make as much money as him. That's total *****, and I'm sick of hearing it. MC's with true talent don't flaunt their money and their fame like a gold medal in douchebaggery, and I don't want anything to do with the lowlifes that do.
How is in not measured by popularity and sales? I mean what else can you compare against. Yes you may think this guy is better than this guy, but thats your own opinon. I dont care about your personal tastes, I like facts.

Lil Wayne does have an amazing flow, but I dont know what you mean by his lyrics. What do you want him to be all political, or what would you like him to talk about. Hes a rapper he raps, rapping from since the beggining has been about im better that you. Thats it that what he raps about most of the time, and he is better than you "I Will Eat You Alive".

Honestly for everyone here, what do you all look for in Hip Hop. Political Message, Party Beats, Fun. Tell Me.
I Like everything aboout it, the beats and samples, wordplay, political messages, stories, and just a different view of life.
post #538 of 782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Erik View Post
Much like metal, it'll fall into a niche that will never quite go away. But rap is fading fast. Ask any tween what they think of rap. It's uncool to the nearly-teen set. Within the next few years, they'll be setting the musical tastes, and rap will be firmly out of favor.
About time too! I was predicting the death of rap in the mid 90s and it is still here. It's like the wart that won't go away.
post #539 of 782
Quote:
Originally Posted by HipHopScribe View Post
Chris Brown isn't even a rapper. And you realize that all rappers don't share a life philosophy?
I didn't even know who Chris Brown is until I heard about him beating down that poor little girl and leaving her there on the side of the road. On the news they described him as a rap artists so blame them and not me for getting the genre wrong.

Whenever I happen to scan through my TV stations and come across Much Music I get the impression they mostly share the same life philosophies. It's either about bling bling, sexy women and fast cars or hating on something and using gang signs. *yawn*
post #540 of 782
Rap's contribution to culture thus far!

"I come from the street!
I now have more money than you that I spend frivolously!
A better car/watch/crib(house)!
Bigger D*ck/Better Bod!
I abbreviate and mispronounce words!
I may possible shoot you if you don't agree!
Act like a Tw*t, respect no-one but yourself!"

Peace-out!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Rap Sucks