Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Cambridge DACMagic, anyone?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cambridge DACMagic, anyone? - Page 3  

post #31 of 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT View Post
Glad you like it, but how is that related to the topic?
I think the OP mentioned about it ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by McPanse View Post
But they do make at least a token comparison, saying it combines the "timing, clarity and punch of Beresford's £120 TC-7510 with a healthy dose of the £160 Musical Fidelity V-Dac's midrange fluidity and richness."
post #32 of 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Knight View Post
I think the OP mentioned about it ...
You are right, my bad.
post #33 of 920
Subscribed!

I'm very interested to hear people feel this dac compares to the other popular choices...
post #34 of 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Knight View Post
The DacMagic with Gilmore Lite would look like a super match
I do love how they look.
Well, thats what I'm going to have together so glite side by side with its dps on top of the dac. good looking shyte!

The dimensions are darn close. 9 inches wide for both the glite and dps then 8.6 inches for the dacmagic
post #35 of 920
You make me think of selling my Caliente to get the Gilmore ....
post #36 of 920
Just wonder if I can use it as a balanced DAC when using USB input?
post #37 of 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Knight View Post
Just wonder if I can use it as a balanced DAC when using USB input?
I don't see any reason why you couldn't do that - it shouldn't matter what digital input you use, the output should remain balanced. This DAC is on my radar as well - might need to get one to review...
post #38 of 920
That' be fine Never used balanced source before
post #39 of 920
But will be useless without balanced cables and amp. But it sure is nice and a big plus over the Keces. But meh, those balanced amps are expensive and I'll probably don't have the money for fully balanced.
post #40 of 920
I've sold all my cables, amp to fund for a new fully balanced rig
post #41 of 920
Nice! Balanced HD650 supposedly sounds great. What is your rig going to look like?
post #42 of 920
The DacMagic has already got its place. Maybe the amp is balanced CK2III or M3. I still prefer DIY stuffs. I don't worry about the cables cos I can build it on my own.
That'd be a huge sum of money for a student like me
post #43 of 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Knight View Post
I've sold all my cables, amp to fund for a new fully balanced rig
Wise Choice.

For those on a budget, you can get the Headroom Balanced Desktop amp with built-in balanced DAC for $1400, or you can get a Single Power Square Wave XL for $1000 (2008 model but add $250 for the Blackgate caps upgrade) + a $400 Cambridge DAC Magic = $1400. The later option would be more flexible.

At the July 08 Colorado Head-fi meet the Single power Square Wave XL with Blackgate upgrade was better out of my Apogee mini-DAC than a Headroom Balanced Desktop was out of a Meridian 508. I bought the Square Wave right there on the spot.
post #44 of 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Knight View Post
The DacMagic has already got its place. Maybe the amp is balanced CK2III or M3. I still prefer DIY stuffs. I don't worry about the cables cos I can build it on my own.
That'd be a huge sum of money for a student like me
mmwwhats can build you some nice solid silver in teflon air-tube XLR interconnects for $50-$130 depending on the model and length. The $50 3-wire cables are not bad at all and probably 80% of the $200 anticables. But the $130 9-wire XLR are superior in transparency and treble and are very close to the $200 anti-cables XLR.
post #45 of 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict View Post
For those on a budget, you can get the Headroom Balanced Desktop amp with built-in balanced DAC for $1400, or you can get a Single Power Square Wave XL for $1000 (2008 model but add $250 for the Blackgate caps upgrade) + a $400 Cambridge DAC Magic = $1400. The later option would be more flexible.
Just wonder if the situation with Single Power changed or not...
I really don't want any trouble with waiting and shipping
And is there any link to it? I didn't see it on SP web site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict View Post
mmwwhats can build you some nice solid silver in teflon air-tube XLR interconnects for $50-$130 depending on the model and length. The $50 3-wire cables are not bad at all and probably 80% of the $200 anticables. But the $130 9-wire XLR are superior in transparency and treble and are very close to the $200 anti-cables XLR.
I'll try to build a 10-wire or even 16-wire XLR cable
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dedicated Source Components
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Cambridge DACMagic, anyone?