Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Soundmagic pl-30 20.00 shipped
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Soundmagic pl-30 20.00 shipped - Page 4

post #46 of 523
Thread Starter 
Yeh I got my e-mail last night about 12/30 pm. They have been shipped.
Hey nsx are you waiting for a black fiios amp if so I am too. Its been about a month now.
post #47 of 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsx_23 View Post
Just received the email that my PL30 have been shipped.
Same here, guess it will take a week or two to arrive. Rather fast service if you ask me.
post #48 of 523
It should be quick for you since you're in singapore.

I guess we'll all post impressions up about the same time.
post #49 of 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewislink View Post
I just have a really hard time believing the Sony and Sennheiser canalphones are not fake at their price. I'd love to see someone buy an $16 set of Sony MDR-EX85s or a $25 set of Sennheiser CX400s and check them out to see how real they are.
The Sony EX85s come bundled with some of Sony's mp3 players, so I'm not surprised if there are some "bulk packaging" ones "direct from the factory".

It may be like those rumours of GENUINE DVDs printed in China (and maybe elsewere too), that they print some more in addition to sell as "fake" ones, but actually came from the same factory.......

Update: I just bought a Sony and 2 Senns from them.... We'll see.........
post #50 of 523
Well, the fact that focaprice didn't specifically list them as PL30 is probably a bit weird...

Makes me think these were "backwater" stock.
post #51 of 523
I know for a fact that SoundMagic's headquarter/factory is located at GuangZhou, and very close to HongKong. In fact, PL-30 made it first appearance on a HK webstore / forum, IIRC. I guess those store on HK might be able to get a good price importing them from GuangZhou directly from the SoundMagic.
post #52 of 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post
I know for a fact that SoundMagic's headquarter/factory is located at GuangZhou, and very close to HongKong. In fact, PL-30 made it first appearance on a HK webstore / forum, IIRC. I guess those store on HK might be able to get a good price importing them from GuangZhou directly from the SoundMagic.
Thats one possibility, i thought that greatsounds or other sellers are selling them overpriced cos you know they have some reputation and many of buyers look for reputation and reliability from Chinese sellers so they take advantage of it.

Mine shipped 20th i expect them next week. I'll report when i get them.
post #53 of 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTUCCI1924 View Post
Yeh I got my e-mail last night about 12/30 pm. They have been shipped.
Hey nsx are you waiting for a black fiios amp if so I am too. Its been about a month now.
A month? You might contact them, I know it takes a while but I've never heard of anyone waiting a month. Hopefully mine doesn't take that long to get here.
post #54 of 523
Thread Starter 
Yeh a month. I think they are out of stock and will be getting more in on sept 30. I am not sure about this though.
post #55 of 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post
I know for a fact that SoundMagic's headquarter/factory is located at GuangZhou, and very close to HongKong. In fact, PL-30 made it first appearance on a HK webstore / forum, IIRC. I guess those store on HK might be able to get a good price importing them from GuangZhou directly from the SoundMagic.
I saw them in Hong Kong earlier this year, and they were asking for about $270HKD, which is approximately $39AUD. For your reference, 1AUD = 0.8USD
post #56 of 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by parrot5 View Post
The Sony EX85s come bundled with some of Sony's mp3 players, so I'm not surprised if there are some "bulk packaging" ones "direct from the factory".

It may be like those rumours of GENUINE DVDs printed in China (and maybe elsewere too), that they print some more in addition to sell as "fake" ones, but actually came from the same factory.......
Update: I just bought a Sony and 2 Senns from them.... We'll see.........
I purchased the EX85s from Focalprice, they indeed came in the carry pouch, with an extra set of cushions but no packaging bulk or otherwise. They sound very nice.

I do not have originals to compare them to, but I do agree with your analysis of their probable origin. Unless the factory is working at absolutely full production on orders from Sony, there is likely some excess production that finds its way out of the factory to other parts of Asia. You certainly take your chances on this stuff, but good deals are available.

The PL30s may also be excess production, but they are complete/retail packed.
post #57 of 523
Thread Starter 
grouch: How are you likeing the pl-30. How about an update now. Please
post #58 of 523
Yes. Update please!
post #59 of 523
Run for cover if he is a "grouch". Hehe~
post #60 of 523
To anyone who has them, how big is the included case? Can it fit in a pocket?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Soundmagic pl-30 20.00 shipped