Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Best Portable Amp to replace home amp
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best Portable Amp to replace home amp - Page 2

post #16 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrarroyo View Post
Thanks HeadphoneAddict for your info. BTW, I am getting a P3 and a D3 and after burn-in would gladly ship them your way. I would also include a MiniBox-E+ w/ AD797 (if you have a pair of AD8610 you can roll them in to hear the original sound). I would also in clude the latest Xin Reference (circa 9/11/08). Will keep you posted.

BTW, the offer entails either shipping them to dw6928 or him to you.
I am booked up with reviews on some ALO stuff now, then Grahm Slee Novo next week, then Denon MD5000 the week after, and maybe by mid October we can chat about me reviewing some stuff.
post #17 of 26
The SR-71a isn't even out yet. Don't recommend like that - it's not the kind of information you'd like to receive if you were trying to figure some things out ( in reference to the early sr-71a post on page 1)

I suggest the Lisa III. I had the XP version but it sounds like you would be fine with the normal version, which is lighter and shorter. A great amp that shuts down all others mentioned in this thread, flat-out.

I quite enjoy my iQube but you may indeed prefer the TTVJ Millet Hybrid at least for the Grados

I think that those three amps would make up the top recommendations from me - scope out their sonic characteristics and see how you feel about them. Also, if you buy used, you can try it and resell it (if it doesn't fit what you want) with hardly any loss

Oh, and I would actually recommend against the Pico as your amp.
post #18 of 26
Seconds on Lisa(normal version) with the power supply, I use it at my computer desk, (and the xcan at my hi-fi area). So i am usually using my Lisa lll as it stands as a home amp. I have a pico too, it's good and great portable but there is a big difference that i hear in performance between the two. Look at the size difference, you can't expect a miracle out of the pico at that size even if it is good. So i would go the Lisa lll.
post #19 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminette View Post
The SR-71a isn't even out yet. Don't recommend like that - it's not the kind of information you'd like to receive if you were trying to figure some things out ( in reference to the early sr-71a post on page 1)

I suggest the Lisa III. I had the XP version but it sounds like you would be fine with the normal version, which is lighter and shorter. A great amp that shuts down all others mentioned in this thread, flat-out.

I quite enjoy my iQube but you may indeed prefer the TTVJ Millet Hybrid at least for the Grados

I think that those three amps would make up the top recommendations from me - scope out their sonic characteristics and see how you feel about them. Also, if you buy used, you can try it and resell it (if it doesn't fit what you want) with hardly any loss

Oh, and I would actually recommend against the Pico as your amp.
The first 44 SR-71a just shipped out to customers last night. Oooop...
post #20 of 26
Yeah but I meant nobody has heard them or even scratched burn-in on them
post #21 of 26
The Lisa 3 will drive all those 3 fine but it's going to be hissy with the SE530.

I would recommend the XJ-03 too. It's as powerful as the Lisa 3 imo.
post #22 of 26

Lisa III is the one

Ouote by Luminete:
I suggest the Lisa III. I had the XP version but it sounds like you would be fine with the normal version, which is lighter and shorter. A great amp that shuts down all others mentioned in this thread, flat-out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallan View Post
Seconds on Lisa(normal version) with the power supply, I use it at my computer desk, (and the xcan at my hi-fi area). So i am usually using my Lisa lll as it stands as a home amp. I have a pico too, it's good and great portable but there is a big difference that i hear in performance between the two. Look at the size difference, you can't expect a miracle out of the pico at that size even if it is good. So i would go the Lisa lll.
I Tend to understate the qualities of our Triad Audio products preferring our
satisfied customers to speak for us.. Thanks guys.. I will sy

In a bind audition you would think Lisa III Is a home amp.
post #23 of 26
Soon the PICO will be here, so I can tell you how good it is and can it replace a full size amp ;D
post #24 of 26
I'm at a similar point to the original poster. I know that my Green Solo will be probably better than most portable amps, but I'm just listening to a lot more music on the move than at home, so an amp that will work at home and on the road seems more practical.
post #25 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpkoo View Post
I'm at a similar point to the original poster. I know that my Green Solo will be probably better than most portable amps, but I'm just listening to a lot more music on the move than at home, so an amp that will work at home and on the road seems more practical.
New things are happening, new version of the Green Solo! You may wish to contact Graham through his site.

As far as portable I really like the D3 and the MiniBox-E+. I have yet to take the P3 out of the box. I am currently burning in 3 portable amps and a new op-amp on the D2 Viper. Way too many things going on.
post #26 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpkoo View Post
I'm at a similar point to the original poster. I know that my Green Solo will be probably better than most portable amps, but I'm just listening to a lot more music on the move than at home, so an amp that will work at home and on the road seems more practical.
If you make the Sydney meet, Lisa III will be there in both versions..
so you can hear for yourself.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Best Portable Amp to replace home amp