Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Recable for UE triple fi.10?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Recable for UE triple fi.10? - Page 7

post #91 of 232
just to update I have purchased a lot of audio equipment over the last couple weeks the null audio game being one of them I am doing extensive testing for the null audio cable for the tf10's and stevenkelby's cable for my livewires I will write up reviews once I have gotten adequate time to evaluate both
post #92 of 232
i shaved the pins of this ue custom cable down a tad and now these fit just great.

unfortunately they alter the sound signature of my triple's in a negative way.

they have made teh music sound more 'tinny' while adding some bass. the extra bass is ok on some tunes but the tinniness just sucks.

i dont want the null audio cable - i want a braided cable that is flexible and soft.
post #93 of 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by idiotekniQues View Post
i shaved the pins of this ue custom cable down a tad and now these fit just great.

unfortunately they alter the sound signature of my triple's in a negative way.

they have made teh music sound more 'tinny' while adding some bass. the extra bass is ok on some tunes but the tinniness just sucks.

i dont want the null audio cable - i want a braided cable that is flexible and soft.
westone es2 cable?
post #94 of 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyb213 View Post
westone es2 cable?
they look exactly the same to me, i think they just might be
post #95 of 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadozen View Post
@ mrdeadfolx: are you against replacing the stock TF 10 Pros cables for the UE customs cables or against any replacement at all?
I am only against replacing them with the UE custom cables. I have never tried any other replacement so I cannot comment on how others might affect the sound sig, but I can confirm that the UE custom cables affect the sound signature in an immediately noticeable, negative way. Trust me, do not try it.
post #96 of 232
[QUOTE=EyeAmEye;4883333]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdeadfolx View Post
Only other question I could have is: are you sure it was connected properly, pins all the way in?
Yes sir, at first the sound was so poor I thought I had to have connected them incorrectly, but I tried re-plugging them, pins firmly connected, in both standard and F/S mod configurations, with the same results :/
post #97 of 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdeadfolx View Post
I am only against replacing them with the UE custom cables. I have never tried any other replacement so I cannot comment on how others might affect the sound sig, but I can confirm that the UE custom cables affect the sound signature in an immediately noticeable, negative way. Trust me, do not try it.
I see. I wonder why this happened, if you tried an original custom UE cable. Will it only work with the UE11?

Thanks for letting us know, i'll never try that

Kaiwen told me that he will get new black cables today, and will ship mine probably by the end of this month.
post #98 of 232
[QUOTE=mrdeadfolx;4886307]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeAmEye View Post

Yes sir, at first the sound was so poor I thought I had to have connected them incorrectly, but I tried re-plugging them, pins firmly connected, in both standard and F/S mod configurations, with the same results :/
hello, did you try plugging them in with the side that has 'R' or 'L' on it is facing the side on the triple where the 'R' or 'L' is?

I was putting the custom cable with the 'R' "L' facing out as it were, and now that i flipped that it seems to be a bit better but i have to listen to more to be sure.
post #99 of 232
[QUOTE=idiotekniQues;4888361]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdeadfolx View Post

hello, did you try plugging them in with the side that has 'R' or 'L' on it is facing the side on the triple where the 'R' or 'L' is?

I was putting the custom cable with the 'R' "L' facing out as it were, and now that i flipped that it seems to be a bit better but i have to listen to more to be sure.
Yep, I made sure I was doing everything correctly, R and L facing inward. Trust me everything was as it should be, using a UE custom cable with universal UE's just wasn't meant to be.
post #100 of 232
[QUOTE=mrdeadfolx;4890239]
Quote:
Originally Posted by idiotekniQues View Post

Yep, I made sure I was doing everything correctly, R and L facing inward. Trust me everything was as it should be, using a UE custom cable with universal UE's just wasn't meant to be.
well i flipped the R and L facing outward, they sound much better now. made a big difference. still doing more soudn comparisons with my stock cable. but im never putting that R or L facing inward again, that was tinny as hell.
post #101 of 232
haha how about that btw does the flip flop method going to do anything if ur cans are already real comfy ?
post #102 of 232
[QUOTE=idiotekniQues;4890355]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdeadfolx View Post

well i flipped the R and L facing outward, they sound much better now. made a big difference. still doing more soudn comparisons with my stock cable. but im never putting that R or L facing inward again, that was tinny as hell.
Hmm thats very odd, I think by putting the cable with the L and R facing outward, you are flipping the positives, negatives and ground, which should result in a very out of phase sound. Im doing this right now and the sound is dreadful. There is just no way to make these cables sound good with these phones, I've now tried it all.

I just changed the cable back to the stock cables, and my ears just said, "thank God, please don't do that to us again!" ;p
post #103 of 232
I've noticed a new picture from null audio, it is the blackie...
looks promising as I have previously reserved mine, but yet to see the pic till now...

Now anxious waiting for it to hit my house

Quote fromt the webby:

"This is so far the best made IEM cable, extremely light weight, ultra flexible and excellent sounding piece of art. Higher quality picture will follow."


post #104 of 232
Wow, and right after I ordered mine too. Maybe that one will show up at my door.
post #105 of 232
Yep, Kaiwen had said that he would get the black cable aby day of this week. Guess he's already started to produce some. Can't wait to get mine
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Recable for UE triple fi.10?