Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling - Page 125

post #1861 of 1871

I think it's going to be a problem if you used a wooden type of box for the LD 1 IMO the Chassis for the LD 1 is part of the Heat sink.So i think i'm going to use a 1000 LBS. Aluminum Block and carve the LD inside it.:ksc75smile:

post #1862 of 1871

These might be the future chassis for my LD 1.

 

post #1863 of 1871

Transfered LD 1 inside these Chassis.

The chassis is made out of recycled aluminum and wood the volume knob is recycled from old amp ,I can't decide if i need to paint it or just polish/sand the aluminum.

post #1864 of 1871


Some LD Yugo love for everyone!
post #1865 of 1871

 I've changed the volume knob for LD 1 with a bigger knob and now it's very easy to adjust the volume where i want it or should i say  the POT is more accurate.

post #1866 of 1871

May I know if there is any different among these OpAmps:  

MC33078 (stock OpAmp in Little Dot 1+)
MC33078P

MC33078N

 

Because when searching on eBay, I only can find either MC33078P or MC33078N.

post #1867 of 1871
I was here a couple of months back looking to pair this amp with my Q701. The general consensus was that they didn't pair well. I left.

Now I'm back again and I've added the HD 650 to my armoury. How does the amp pair with the HD 650? If it can be made to work what valves would I need?

Thanks.
post #1868 of 1871
Quote:
Originally Posted by i luvmusic 2 View Post
 

 I've changed the volume knob for LD 1 with a bigger knob and now it's very easy to adjust the volume where i want it or should i say  the POT is more accurate.

 

It would be great to see a picture, and if you could tell us the size and where we could buy one like it (as I think you simply recycled a knob from another amp?) that would be even better! :)

post #1869 of 1871
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibosi View Post
 

 

It would be great to see a picture, and if you could tell us the size and where we could buy one like it (as I think you simply recycled a knob from another amp?) that would be even better! :)

Hi gibosi,

    The knob was just recycled/pulled out from another amp and it is 48mm in diamiter and it's for D type Pot. shaft i simply break off the tab from the knob and push it in the LD Pot shaft just keep on pushing it in slowly until it seat on the LD shaft take your time doing this or you can used a drill and a drill bit to inlarge the shaft hole from the knob.IMO it is very easy to find the point where you want the volume level with this knob.Back then with the stock knob one slight turn and it's already loud with the big knob i need to turn the knob a bit further up to get the volume. 

post #1870 of 1871
Quote:
Originally Posted by i luvmusic 2 View Post
 

Hi gibosi,

    The knob was just recycled/pulled out from another amp and it is 48mm in diamiter and it's for D type Pot. shaft i simply break off the tab from the knob and push it in the LD Pot shaft just keep on pushing it in slowly until it seat on the LD shaft take your time doing this or you can used a drill and a drill bit to inlarge the shaft hole from the knob.IMO it is very easy to find the point where you want the volume level with this knob.Back then with the stock knob one slight turn and it's already loud with the big knob i need to turn the knob a bit further up to get the volume. 

 

It looks great! However, I had forgotten that you have stuffed your LD into a larger case. I don't think we can use a replacement knob this big. The front panel of the LD 1+ is only about 40mm tall, so I would have to put the amp up on stilts to use 48mm. lol :)

post #1871 of 1871
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibosi View Post
 

 

It looks great! However, I had forgotten that you have stuffed your LD into a larger case. I don't think we can use a replacement knob this big. The front panel of the LD 1+ is only about 40mm tall, so I would have to put the amp up on stilts to use 48mm. lol :)

Another thing to consider is your LD 1 pot shaft it could be too tight that is why it's a bit hard to control the volume i noticed this with my amp before i transplanted it to the bigger chassis.try to loosen the shaft nut and see if it changes.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling