Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling - Page 114

post #1696 of 1953

 

 

Here it is.....

post #1697 of 1953
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibosi View Post
 

 

When you get your new opamp and headphones, I hope you will come back here and give us your impressions. :)

 

You can bet on it, G...  I'm recording some stuff on the digital piano today, and I look forward to being able to monitor the recording through the LD 1+ instead of just using the standard headphone output on the piano... As far as my HI Fi system, I'm sure the combination will benefit that as well...

 

Perhaps I'll send a link to a sound file of some of my stuff later in the month... 

post #1698 of 1953
Quote:
Originally Posted by signet02 View Post
 

 

You can bet on it, G...  I'm recording some stuff on the digital piano today, and I look forward to being able to monitor the recording through the LD 1+ instead of just using the standard headphone output on the piano... As far as my HI Fi system, I'm sure the combination will benefit that as well...

 

Perhaps I'll send a link to a sound file of some of my stuff later in the month... 

What a doos idea!  I didn't even think of trying my LD1+ with my piano.  Thanks for the great idea for when I am forced to play through headphones.   If it sounds good, I may have to do a piano mod  :-)  

post #1699 of 1953
Quote:
Originally Posted by i luvmusic 2 View Post
 

 

 

Here it is.....


Excellent!!   A very neat job.   This is my plan.  What did you use to make the precise cut in the bottom plate?

post #1700 of 1953
Quote:
Originally Posted by MunkyOne View Post
 


Excellent!!   A very neat job.   This is my plan.  What did you use to make the precise cut in the bottom plate?

I used DREMEL with a cut-off wheel,THANK YOU!

post #1701 of 1953

Newbie question: How do you know which way to put a different op amp in?... I have the jumper thing down, and there's only one way to put a tube in, but the op amp thing has me a bit worried...  ???...

post #1702 of 1953
Quote:
Originally Posted by signet02 View Post
 

Newbie question: How do you know which way to put a different op amp in?... I have the jumper thing down, and there's only one way to put a tube in, but the op amp thing has me a bit worried...  ???...

 

You should notice that the socket has a notch at one end. And then you should notice that the chip has either an impressed circle or a notch at one end. So simply match the notch of the socket to the circle or notch on the chip and insert.

 

Here is a picture of the LD1+ circuit board (an older version). You will notice that the chip has a notch on the left-hand side.

 

Image

 

Here is chip with an impressed circle:

 

LL

post #1703 of 1953

Thanks... Your info arrived just in time... I got my BB 2107AP in the mail this aft... I think I'll roll the WE 408As in, along with the BB op amp this eve... Will report later... Have a feeling it may take awhile to hear a difference...

post #1704 of 1953
Quote:
Originally Posted by signet02 View Post
 

Thanks... Your info arrived just in time... I got my BB 2107AP in the mail this aft... I think I'll roll the WE 408As in, along with the BB op amp this eve... Will report later... Have a feeling it may take awhile to hear a difference...

 

I suggest that you make one change at a time. In this way, you will be able to distinguish the differences between op amps alone... And the tubes alone. Have fun! :)

post #1705 of 1953
Well, I made it about two weeks without a little LD. The replacement came in today and after opening it to find out what a rattle was, it was a jumper that apparently is cracked. Also noticed there is another one that is nowhere to be found. So I have two total.

Any fellow little dot enthusiasts have a couple spare jumpers to share?
post #1706 of 1953
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibosi View Post
 

 

I suggest that you make one change at a time. In this way, you will be able to distinguish the differences between op amps alone... And the tubes alone. Have fun! :)

 

Sorry, G... I just couldn't help myself... I changed the tubes and the op amp... The first thing I noticed was that there was no break-in hum at all with the WE 408A tubes... I also noticed that they don't light up as much as the 6J1 tubes... I did shift the jumpers to '408A'  from '6J1'... J1 and J2 still open... 

 

One helpful hint:  Mark the rear of the bottom plate with a piece of tape so it goes back the same way... Otherwise, the holes don't line up very well, and you can strip out a screw... Also, you need to hold the bottom plate down while starting the screws, also to align the holes...

 

Now for the break-in...

post #1707 of 1953
Quote:
Originally Posted by signet02 View Post

Thanks... Your info arrived just in time... I got my BB 2107AP in the mail this aft... I think I'll roll the WE 408As in, along with the BB op amp this eve... Will report later... Have a feeling it may take awhile to hear a difference...
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the 2107/408A combo. I put in a 2107 with the stock tubes and I'm not liking it. Mushy, mushy bass
post #1708 of 1953
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDoe View Post

Well, I made it about two weeks without a little LD. The replacement came in today and after opening it to find out what a rattle was, it was a jumper that apparently is cracked. Also noticed there is another one that is nowhere to be found. So I have two total.

Any fellow little dot enthusiasts have a couple spare jumpers to share?

hit up a radio shack... they have jumpers!

post #1709 of 1953
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsis View Post


Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the 2107/408A combo. I put in a 2107 with the stock tubes and I'm not liking it. Mushy, mushy bass

 

A, I'll let you know... I have a muses02 on the way, and I'm thinking that that is probably a better match... This will take some time... More later...

post #1710 of 1953

Hey guys,

I get a hell of a lot of microphonics from my headphone cable... is this normal?
I'm using Grado Sr125i's, and maybe about half the length of cable gives me a lot of 'dinging' noises if i knock it or even touch it.  
Is this anything to do with gain? If it was set for the higher impedance could this be the case? And would it damage my headphones?

 

Thanks!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling