- 316 Posts. Joined 5/2012
- Location: New Jersey, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Need a new Headphone Amp £200 budget. Last post on 6/11/12 at 11:49am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Little Dot 1+ Burn In / Sounding Harsh... Last post on 1/8/12 at 4:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- First Post- Looking for advice Last post on 8/3/11 at 10:17am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Little Dot I+ a little too loud? Last post on 6/4/11 at 1:35pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Little Dot i+ vs Schitt Asgard vs MAD EAR+ HD (Grado compliments) Last post on 7/1/12 at 12:52pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Brainwavz IntroABOUT USBrainwavz provides high-end earphones specifically designed for high-quality sound and tailor-made to provide the user with a solution that can be used across a wide range of...
Sound Blaster X G5 The Gaming device with everything* we asked for A Little Context The G5 is part of Creative's "Blaster X" gamer focused line, cued after the name of the X7. I loved the...
Intro TL;DR: The Brainwavz XF200 is, in and of itself, an excellent sports IEM that will go the extra mile with you and then some. Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Pandora...
I must first and foremost give a large and heartfelt thank you to secondipity for reaching out to me and asking if I would be interested in reviewing some products offered by them. This is...
ZMF OMNI - REVIEW Zach and Luke are Ortho Docs Disclaimer: No mercy… though the Omni is merciful I really think the Omni can hold up to scrutiny very well. While I have been a long time...
- Headphone Impedance
Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling - Page 94
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Well, you are a rolling machine RAZR...Enjoy!!! Awesome little amp...
Now get those Tung Sol 6028s I told you about...lol
yeah it's really fun to do. I'll get on that once my wallet recovers and I can find a set.
Just remember to have a foundation. If you roll opamps and tubes at the same time, it will be crazy to try to develop a base for a particular sound. Stick with one and roll the other and vice versa..
Just listening to this combination with Mullard 8100, stock amp and gain to 3,5.
Compared to my Audio GD Phoenix it does have a little bit less authority and I can't turn up the volume too much as the stock silver cable is too bright(coming from HD650 and LCD2Rev1)for me.
Will get a Norse adapter for my balanced Moon chain mail so I can use it for the Hifiman too and I hope that will tone down the brightness and I can use a higher volume.
Also,because I use my Eastern Electric MiniMax DAC with a Psvane tube in combination with the Little Dot Hybrid,I hear lots of depth and all the "room acoustics",which is something I love as it makes the music organic and real.
I'm insane. Spent a good amount of time tonight going through every page of this thread. I was decided on getting an Asgard in 2 months to drive a pair of RS1i's I'll be getting in 2 months as well, but I've always wanted a tube amp and with the time I spent away from head-fi, I had thought the LD I+ was more expensive, but it's cheap!
Will put up an ad to buy a used LD I+ in 1.5 months or so, so I can try to get everything in my hands all at the same time. If it comes stock, I'll be getting the OPA2107. Will also get the Voshkod 6ZH1P-EZ or Mullard M1800 pair of tubes. Sylvania Gold 408a's seem too hard and expensive to track down. I'll just keep an eye out for them after a few months with the other tubes.
^Is that the correct 2107? I only need 1 with the 8pins right? I see I can order a sample from TI, I'll use my ucla email, hope it helps. Any other op amps I should request samples from TI? - [That would match well with the 6ZH1P-EZ's/M1800's]
Edited by SurfWax - 11/16/12 at 3:10am
So far I changed from stock to CV4015 EF92 M8161 9D6 MULLARD 8114. They sound pretty good with ah-d2000's so far.
There's bit more clarity and bass seems to be fuller.
They do heat up more than stock tubes though.
- Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 2 seconds ago
- › What will the new DX200 look like? Dec 23, new images on page 1. 17 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX80 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here 26 seconds ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 1 minute ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 2 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › ☯️ Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 3 minutes ago
- › The AKG K550 Impressions and Discussion Thread! 4 minutes ago
- › LG G5, Possible DAC or Camera modules. Audiophiles enjoy ? 4 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Truss - The All Metal Under Desk Dual Headphone Hanger... by Wokei
- › Creative Labs Sound BlasterX G5 by Evshrug
- › Brainwavz XFIT XF-200 In-Ear Sport Earbuds Noise Isolating... by thatBeatsguy
- › SONY MDRZX330BT/B Sony MDR ZX330BT - Headset - on-ear - wireless -... by Army-Firedawg
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by grizzlybeast
- › Schiit Gungnir by Aornic
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by meringo
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Aerosphere
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by FortisFlyer75
- › Unique Melody UM Maestro 12 driver IEM by shotgunshane
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse