- 299 Posts. Joined 5/2012
- Location: New Jersey, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Need a new Headphone Amp £200 budget. Last post on 6/11/12 at 11:49am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Little Dot 1+ Burn In / Sounding Harsh... Last post on 1/8/12 at 4:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- First Post- Looking for advice Last post on 8/3/11 at 10:17am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Little Dot I+ a little too loud? Last post on 6/4/11 at 1:35pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Little Dot i+ vs Schitt Asgard vs MAD EAR+ HD (Grado compliments) Last post on 7/1/12 at 12:52pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
[Originally reviewed at Basshead.Club] How do they do it? Brainwavz continues to impress with its budget-friendly new Jive IEM for Android and iOS devices. Brainwavz Jive In the...
This is my review for the new S3 from Brainwavz. Nicknamed the silver bullet for it's silver color and long slender shape. Thanks to Brainwavz for the S3 review sample. I have previously had the...
Hi all, I just want to say that it's my first review done on a product but I'm very proud to do it on a FIIO product. Review of the new FIIO EX1 In-ear Monitors. I will use the EX1 with the FIIO X1...
Many thanks to RHA for RHA T20 Tour Program! The T20 unit in this review is demo unit from the RHA T20 Tour Program: http://www.head-fi.org/t/770875/rha-t20-tour-program-reviewers-wanted Product...
The WA22 is my third Desktop Amp and second tube amp. I got it through AV One, a local retailer here, after 2 rounds of testing and I was impressed enough to purchase it. Built like a tank...
- Headphone Impedance
Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling - Page 94
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Well, you are a rolling machine RAZR...Enjoy!!! Awesome little amp...
Now get those Tung Sol 6028s I told you about...lol
yeah it's really fun to do. I'll get on that once my wallet recovers and I can find a set.
Just remember to have a foundation. If you roll opamps and tubes at the same time, it will be crazy to try to develop a base for a particular sound. Stick with one and roll the other and vice versa..
Just listening to this combination with Mullard 8100, stock amp and gain to 3,5.
Compared to my Audio GD Phoenix it does have a little bit less authority and I can't turn up the volume too much as the stock silver cable is too bright(coming from HD650 and LCD2Rev1)for me.
Will get a Norse adapter for my balanced Moon chain mail so I can use it for the Hifiman too and I hope that will tone down the brightness and I can use a higher volume.
Also,because I use my Eastern Electric MiniMax DAC with a Psvane tube in combination with the Little Dot Hybrid,I hear lots of depth and all the "room acoustics",which is something I love as it makes the music organic and real.
I'm insane. Spent a good amount of time tonight going through every page of this thread. I was decided on getting an Asgard in 2 months to drive a pair of RS1i's I'll be getting in 2 months as well, but I've always wanted a tube amp and with the time I spent away from head-fi, I had thought the LD I+ was more expensive, but it's cheap!
Will put up an ad to buy a used LD I+ in 1.5 months or so, so I can try to get everything in my hands all at the same time. If it comes stock, I'll be getting the OPA2107. Will also get the Voshkod 6ZH1P-EZ or Mullard M1800 pair of tubes. Sylvania Gold 408a's seem too hard and expensive to track down. I'll just keep an eye out for them after a few months with the other tubes.
^Is that the correct 2107? I only need 1 with the 8pins right? I see I can order a sample from TI, I'll use my ucla email, hope it helps. Any other op amps I should request samples from TI? - [That would match well with the 6ZH1P-EZ's/M1800's]
Edited by SurfWax - 11/16/12 at 3:10am
So far I changed from stock to CV4015 EF92 M8161 9D6 MULLARD 8114. They sound pretty good with ah-d2000's so far.
There's bit more clarity and bass seems to be fuller.
They do heat up more than stock tubes though.
- Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling
- › The Opamp thread 2 minutes ago
- › Official Free FLAC File Music Sharing Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Vienna/Austria Meet October 2015? 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 6 minutes ago
- › FS: Grado Bushmills 6 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 6 minutes ago
- › European Headphone Temporary Trading Club (Wanna try cans for... 9 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 9 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 10 minutes ago
- › Melodious MX-U8 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 12 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Portable NFC Bluetooth Speaker with... by Brooko
- › Jays q-JAYS v2.0 by rasmushorn
- › Brainwavz Jive by Luckbad
- › Brainwavz S3 by jant71
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by pixelsphotopro
- › RHA T20 by earfonia
- › Woo Audio WA22 by tassardar
- › CustomArt Ei.XX 6-driver CIEM - MassDrop edition by twister6
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by LaRevolu
- › Nuforce NE800M by Dsnuts
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2