- 344 Posts. Joined 5/2012
- Location: New Jersey, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Need a new Headphone Amp £200 budget. Last post on 6/11/12 at 11:49am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Little Dot 1+ Burn In / Sounding Harsh... Last post on 10/15/16 at 7:17am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- First Post- Looking for advice Last post on 8/3/11 at 10:17am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Little Dot I+ a little too loud? Last post on 10/16/16 at 9:32am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Little Dot i+ vs Schitt Asgard vs MAD EAR+ HD (Grado compliments) Last post on 7/1/12 at 12:52pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
IT WAS THE FIRST HEADPHONE AMPLIFIER I BOUGHT AND I PAIRED IT WITH A SONY NWZ-A15. DECENT SOUND, ALMOST NO PROBLEM WITH IT, BUT EXCEPT ITS DESIGN WHICH I FIND SOMEWHAT UGLY IT WAS UNABLE TO...
Intro & Me: I'm best described as someone who loves music, loves gear and loves to combine them into a "hobby" that focuses on all of these important ingredients from Head-Fi. I have quite a...
Picture are default 1200 x 800 resolution - click to view larger images.INTRODUCTIONThis one came out of the blue. A company I'd never heard of, and an IEM I didn't know existed. The inquiry was...
[[SPOILER]] Introduction:The device was lent to me as part of FiiO's review tour. I was given 10 days with the device to evaluate it and in return give my honest opinion about it. My current...
At the time this review was written, the iFi Pro iCan was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here are some links for purchase and...
Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling - Page 94post #1396 of 30198/8/12 at 1:33pmYou should try military spec tubes....I use the GE Jan5654W tubes with my little dot mk3, and it's insane! Just a recommendation
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1397 of 30198/8/12 at 1:54pmpost #1398 of 30198/9/12 at 3:33pmpost #1399 of 30198/9/12 at 5:29pmQuote:
Well, you are a rolling machine RAZR...Enjoy!!! Awesome little amp...
Now get those Tung Sol 6028s I told you about...lol
Cheers!!!!!post #1400 of 30198/9/12 at 5:32pmQuote:
yeah it's really fun to do. I'll get on that once my wallet recovers and I can find a set.post #1401 of 30198/9/12 at 7:03pm
Just remember to have a foundation. If you roll opamps and tubes at the same time, it will be crazy to try to develop a base for a particular sound. Stick with one and roll the other and vice versa..
Enjoy!!!post #1402 of 30198/9/12 at 7:07pmpost #1403 of 30198/23/12 at 5:41pmpost #1404 of 30199/22/12 at 4:27pmQuote:
Just listening to this combination with Mullard 8100, stock amp and gain to 3,5.
Compared to my Audio GD Phoenix it does have a little bit less authority and I can't turn up the volume too much as the stock silver cable is too bright(coming from HD650 and LCD2Rev1)for me.
Will get a Norse adapter for my balanced Moon chain mail so I can use it for the Hifiman too and I hope that will tone down the brightness and I can use a higher volume.
Also,because I use my Eastern Electric MiniMax DAC with a Psvane tube in combination with the Little Dot Hybrid,I hear lots of depth and all the "room acoustics",which is something I love as it makes the music organic and real.post #1405 of 301910/5/12 at 1:33pmpost #1406 of 301911/16/12 at 3:07am
I'm insane. Spent a good amount of time tonight going through every page of this thread. I was decided on getting an Asgard in 2 months to drive a pair of RS1i's I'll be getting in 2 months as well, but I've always wanted a tube amp and with the time I spent away from head-fi, I had thought the LD I+ was more expensive, but it's cheap!
Will put up an ad to buy a used LD I+ in 1.5 months or so, so I can try to get everything in my hands all at the same time. If it comes stock, I'll be getting the OPA2107. Will also get the Voshkod 6ZH1P-EZ or Mullard M1800 pair of tubes. Sylvania Gold 408a's seem too hard and expensive to track down. I'll just keep an eye out for them after a few months with the other tubes.
^Is that the correct 2107? I only need 1 with the 8pins right? I see I can order a sample from TI, I'll use my ucla email, hope it helps. Any other op amps I should request samples from TI? - [That would match well with the 6ZH1P-EZ's/M1800's]
Edited by SurfWax - 11/16/12 at 3:10ampost #1407 of 301911/16/12 at 4:47ampost #1408 of 301911/17/12 at 1:13ampost #1409 of 301912/13/12 at 3:44pmDecided to mess about with my LD I+.
So far I changed from stock to CV4015 EF92 M8161 9D6 MULLARD 8114. They sound pretty good with ah-d2000's so far.
There's bit more clarity and bass seems to be fuller.
They do heat up more than stock tubes though.
- Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Uptone Audio Regen latest version 49 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 1 hour, 53 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 4 hours, 45 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 5 hours, 15 minutes ago
- › Samsung S8 / S8+ Sound Quality 5 hours, 34 minutes ago
- › [FS] LZ A4 (Brand new - EU located) 5 hours, 48 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 6 hours, 3 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 7 hours, 13 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 7 hours, 15 minutes ago
- › IC : Grado HP1000 7 hours, 15 minutes ago
- › FiiO A3 Portable Headphone Amplifier (Black) by yannisgk
- › Rhapsodio RDB Mk.IV by SeeSax
- › Aedle ODS-1 by Brooko
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by xkonfuzed
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Hisoundfi
- › Jomo Audio pretty Little beast by ExpatinJapan
- › Campfire Audio Jupiter by mrstrangeguy
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by SOULSIK
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by SOULSIK
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear