- 253 Posts. Joined 5/2012
- Location: New Jersey, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Need a new Headphone Amp £200 budget. Last post on 6/11/12 at 11:49am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Little Dot 1+ Burn In / Sounding Harsh... Last post on 1/8/12 at 4:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- First Post- Looking for advice Last post on 8/3/11 at 10:17am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Little Dot I+ a little too loud? Last post on 6/4/11 at 1:35pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Little Dot i+ vs Schitt Asgard vs MAD EAR+ HD (Grado compliments) Last post on 7/1/12 at 12:52pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
These are also known as the monoprice 8323's. I have these for nearly 2 years. I bought them a few months after my faithfull 8323's. Pros - for the price they deliver the highest quality...
Let me start this review with some information about the company that made these headphones, Philips. The company that invented the CD, the first radio etc. As a Dutch guy, I'm very connected with...
I'll start off by saying I am by no means an audiophile, just a kid with some money and a passion for music. These headphones, as far as I can tell, have more prominent mids than most...
Let me just say one thing up front: if you have any complaints about the speed or the bass extension of these headphones, you need a better headphone amp. /endofdiscussion The HD600s will take the...
Sound is neutral with a slight mid bass tilt. Highs and lows are well extended. Sound stage is large for an iem. The bass has some impact without being boomy. The treble is clear without...
- Headphone Impedance
Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling - Page 94
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Well, you are a rolling machine RAZR...Enjoy!!! Awesome little amp...
Now get those Tung Sol 6028s I told you about...lol
yeah it's really fun to do. I'll get on that once my wallet recovers and I can find a set.
Just remember to have a foundation. If you roll opamps and tubes at the same time, it will be crazy to try to develop a base for a particular sound. Stick with one and roll the other and vice versa..
Just listening to this combination with Mullard 8100, stock amp and gain to 3,5.
Compared to my Audio GD Phoenix it does have a little bit less authority and I can't turn up the volume too much as the stock silver cable is too bright(coming from HD650 and LCD2Rev1)for me.
Will get a Norse adapter for my balanced Moon chain mail so I can use it for the Hifiman too and I hope that will tone down the brightness and I can use a higher volume.
Also,because I use my Eastern Electric MiniMax DAC with a Psvane tube in combination with the Little Dot Hybrid,I hear lots of depth and all the "room acoustics",which is something I love as it makes the music organic and real.
I'm insane. Spent a good amount of time tonight going through every page of this thread. I was decided on getting an Asgard in 2 months to drive a pair of RS1i's I'll be getting in 2 months as well, but I've always wanted a tube amp and with the time I spent away from head-fi, I had thought the LD I+ was more expensive, but it's cheap!
Will put up an ad to buy a used LD I+ in 1.5 months or so, so I can try to get everything in my hands all at the same time. If it comes stock, I'll be getting the OPA2107. Will also get the Voshkod 6ZH1P-EZ or Mullard M1800 pair of tubes. Sylvania Gold 408a's seem too hard and expensive to track down. I'll just keep an eye out for them after a few months with the other tubes.
^Is that the correct 2107? I only need 1 with the 8pins right? I see I can order a sample from TI, I'll use my ucla email, hope it helps. Any other op amps I should request samples from TI? - [That would match well with the 6ZH1P-EZ's/M1800's]
Edited by SurfWax - 11/16/12 at 3:10am
So far I changed from stock to CV4015 EF92 M8161 9D6 MULLARD 8114. They sound pretty good with ah-d2000's so far.
There's bit more clarity and bass seems to be fuller.
They do heat up more than stock tubes though.
- Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling
- › Grado e Series 8 seconds ago
- › oppo ha-1 15 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 41 seconds ago
- › Buying advice. Open, no amp, listen to music of all sorts... 2 minutes ago
- › Awesome or Gimmick ? Sonys MDR-1ADAC 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for the best amp for the Sennheiser HD 600 I can get for $150 2 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 2 minutes ago
- › AUDEZE LCD XC 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 2 minutes ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015, March 28-29, 2015 -- It's Official! 3 minutes ago
- › Monoprice MHP-839 by engineerd3d
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by D-TECH
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by NineRedTools
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by rjm003
- › Miles Davis Trumpet High Performance In-ear Headphones by Merfolk
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Niyologist
- › Goldring DR100 High Fidelity Stereo Headphones by interpolate
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Delance26
- › AudioMinor Headphone Cables by Baycode
- › Etymotic Research Isolator MK5 Noise-Isolating In-Ear Earphones by eyal1983
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3