- 6,415 Posts. Joined 1/2012
- Location: East Coast, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Need a new Headphone Amp £200 budget. Last post on 6/11/12 at 11:49am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Little Dot 1+ Burn In / Sounding Harsh... Last post on 1/8/12 at 4:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- First Post- Looking for advice Last post on 8/3/11 at 10:17am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Little Dot I+ a little too loud? Last post on 6/4/11 at 1:35pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Little Dot i+ vs Schitt Asgard vs MAD EAR+ HD (Grado compliments) Last post on 7/1/12 at 12:52pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Advanced AcousticWerkes Q: Deceptively Small The AAW Q is an upcoming IEM from Singaporean company Advanced AcousticWerkes, scheduled for release in the first week of September. It boasts a new...
Now that I've heard all the ADEL modules from Asius technologies(what has been released since 8/16), it's even harder to pick a favorite. Some days I want to tune the sound to my unique anatomy,...
I dont want to waste my time writing an essay for something that lasted only 1 or 2 months. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBnJ9zrnhGU My Rant and broken Shures in link above The bass...
(PS: Some content here may be a no-brainer for most but is just there for the less-informed). Please also ignore any errors, judgements. I'm a medio-phile and not an audiophile so, judge...
- Headphone Impedance
Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling - Page 87
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Got my LD1+ today . roll the GB408A tubes and LT1364 opamp in ,,,, need to wait and burn in for a bit but so far so good. a little less bass than straight out from my soundcard ( just bought the Asus Xonar DX ) , im waiting for my OPA2107 to turn up and i hope will give a little more bass ( i could add bass on soundcard setting but somehow lost details of sound ) .
will give more result in few days when everything settle. Happy Day !!!
update : i rolled the E91 mullard CV4010 in and sound better and more bass than GB408A ... its like 5 times cheaper and seem like doing better job lol. but too early to tell i guess. will need to burn them in properly first.
Edited by jommy999 - 3/16/12 at 2:05pm
5 Days of LD1+ results !
Opamps battle : LT1364 VS OPA2107
- both giving similar sound overall
- LT1364 more details in mid-range
- OPA2107 more bass and a little better soundstage ( but both are great )
Tubes battle : Mullard EF91 VS Sylvania goldpins GB408A VS Voshkod goldpins EF95
- before burning them in - EF91 give better sound ,details , bass ,soundstage, etc than GB408A but after few days of burning then in ,the 408A is now sound so much better with nice Bass impact ( could feel it full bass impact ) , great vocal and soundstage too therefore the GB408A is a winner here ( i believe it will even get better after 100 hrs or 200 hrs )
- i got Voshkod only yesterday and now in the process of burning them in. so far so good ,better soundstage than GB408A, sound so clear ,warm , vocal as good as GB408A ( not sure if anything to do with goldpins as both are ( sound so pure and clear ,the vocal sound is so standing out ) but now the bass is not as good as GB408A but i believe it will get better after few days. lets see and i'll give more update
ps. i actually have rolled in Tung Sol 6AK5 too but only for one hr . it picked up so much noise and i just didn't want to give it a go any further lol so i can't really give any comment about them.
Edited by jommy999 - 3/21/12 at 3:15pm
yes that one but actually noone report any problem really , just the test that the guy did and think it might damage the headphone but i give it a go. seem alright so far .
about the soundstage of both opamps as i have tested both on GB408A ( after burning in for 3 days and try to listening carefully ) so basicly both give really similar sound ( or both are great ^_^ , sorry to stock opamp lol ) so therefore i would say its depend on the combination with the tubes.
now my set is OPA2107 with Voshkod EF95 ... warm tube sound , pure and clear vocal ,great soundstage and just mmm kinda my ears are liking the sound somehow( my Acoustic songs collection could not sound any better ) but its still in burning in process i think these will be my favorite tubes yet.
Edited by jommy999 - 3/21/12 at 6:51pm
I live in UK ,i got both my opamp from their site as sample which they sent from USA , i thought you have order some sample. ( i got them like 3 days after ordered )
i got some spare but i think easier for you just order sample from their site and they send via Fedex
what site? is this from Texas instruments? they wouldn't send me samples because I don't have a university or a company e mail
yes . i just put my University name ( u can put any company name in really like ' Melvins Tube Amp ltd ' ) with my hotmail email address and delivery to my home address.
just picked the choice what you need it for. ( i picked one that for wireless amp ) .
or can order from this guy
i bought from him as well before i knew about sample site.
Edited by jommy999 - 3/21/12 at 7:31pm
i have never get any contact back from them , after register and ordered then i get email confirmation ( with my hotmail.com ) i've never give any other email. mm not sure why they did ask you for that . but order with the guy on ebay link i gave you . i tried his opamp and seem to be alright ( heard that cheap opamp on ebay from china some are fake )
i think most ppl think its better . i heard few of ppl say that they like stock opamp more than the 2107.
for me stock opamp is actually good too but i don't feel the impact of sound. how to say, its like i could listening to my acoustic collection with stock opamp and fallsleep on it ,
to be honest after i tried LT1364 then i have never change back to stock opamp so i never really compare stock opamp with the 2107 yet.
ps.i would send you one if i live in US.
Edited by jommy999 - 3/21/12 at 8:24pm
- Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 22 seconds ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 42 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 43 seconds ago
- › MQA: Revolutionary British streaming technology 1 minute ago
- › Choise headphone for newbie 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 2 minutes ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 2 minutes ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 2 minutes ago
- › Introducing the Dacamp L1, flagship CL1 Ceramic and CL750 from RHA 2 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 4 minutes ago
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ustinj
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › Shure SE215 by Nick Walters
- › E-mu Teak Headphones by AT Khan
- › Marshall Mode In-Ear Headphones, Black/White (4090939) by PopZeus
- › Pro-Ject Debut Carbon by davehg
- › Brainwavz Jive by Lurk650
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by k4rstar
- › Bluedio U (UFO) PPS 8 Drivers Over-ear Bluetooth Wireless Headphone... by Peddler
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...