- 6,416 Posts. Joined 1/2012
- Location: East Coast, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Need a new Headphone Amp £200 budget. Last post on 6/11/12 at 11:49am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Little Dot 1+ Burn In / Sounding Harsh... Last post on 1/8/12 at 4:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- First Post- Looking for advice Last post on 8/3/11 at 10:17am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Little Dot I+ a little too loud? Last post on 6/4/11 at 1:35pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Little Dot i+ vs Schitt Asgard vs MAD EAR+ HD (Grado compliments) Last post on 7/1/12 at 12:52pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Vibro Labs Aria (universal) – initial impressions In my travels on Head-Fi over the last year or so, Vibro Labs is a name I had heard bandied around in various forums, mainly as makers of...
Alright, these are the most confusing set of cans I've ever owned. Why are they so cheap? It doesn't make any sense. Right out of the gate, these are the most comfortable set of headphones...
These are easily my favorite headphones I own. My review will be assuming you have Shure 1540 pads, but I'll go over some other options as well. Lets get the big negative out of the way now....
AK Audio Super Dolphin 6BASticking a Dolphin in your ears! DisclaimerThe Super Dolphin 6BA is a loaner unit provided in exchange for my honest and unbiased opinion. I have tried my best to...
This is an excellent pair of headphones, sound is very clear, and the looks are impressive. I am disappointed with the padding, hurts to wear in less then 15 minutes. Pads can be replaced though....
- Headphone Impedance
Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling - Page 87
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Got my LD1+ today . roll the GB408A tubes and LT1364 opamp in ,,,, need to wait and burn in for a bit but so far so good. a little less bass than straight out from my soundcard ( just bought the Asus Xonar DX ) , im waiting for my OPA2107 to turn up and i hope will give a little more bass ( i could add bass on soundcard setting but somehow lost details of sound ) .
will give more result in few days when everything settle. Happy Day !!!
update : i rolled the E91 mullard CV4010 in and sound better and more bass than GB408A ... its like 5 times cheaper and seem like doing better job lol. but too early to tell i guess. will need to burn them in properly first.
Edited by jommy999 - 3/16/12 at 2:05pm
5 Days of LD1+ results !
Opamps battle : LT1364 VS OPA2107
- both giving similar sound overall
- LT1364 more details in mid-range
- OPA2107 more bass and a little better soundstage ( but both are great )
Tubes battle : Mullard EF91 VS Sylvania goldpins GB408A VS Voshkod goldpins EF95
- before burning them in - EF91 give better sound ,details , bass ,soundstage, etc than GB408A but after few days of burning then in ,the 408A is now sound so much better with nice Bass impact ( could feel it full bass impact ) , great vocal and soundstage too therefore the GB408A is a winner here ( i believe it will even get better after 100 hrs or 200 hrs )
- i got Voshkod only yesterday and now in the process of burning them in. so far so good ,better soundstage than GB408A, sound so clear ,warm , vocal as good as GB408A ( not sure if anything to do with goldpins as both are ( sound so pure and clear ,the vocal sound is so standing out ) but now the bass is not as good as GB408A but i believe it will get better after few days. lets see and i'll give more update
ps. i actually have rolled in Tung Sol 6AK5 too but only for one hr . it picked up so much noise and i just didn't want to give it a go any further lol so i can't really give any comment about them.
Edited by jommy999 - 3/21/12 at 3:15pm
yes that one but actually noone report any problem really , just the test that the guy did and think it might damage the headphone but i give it a go. seem alright so far .
about the soundstage of both opamps as i have tested both on GB408A ( after burning in for 3 days and try to listening carefully ) so basicly both give really similar sound ( or both are great ^_^ , sorry to stock opamp lol ) so therefore i would say its depend on the combination with the tubes.
now my set is OPA2107 with Voshkod EF95 ... warm tube sound , pure and clear vocal ,great soundstage and just mmm kinda my ears are liking the sound somehow( my Acoustic songs collection could not sound any better ) but its still in burning in process i think these will be my favorite tubes yet.
Edited by jommy999 - 3/21/12 at 6:51pm
I live in UK ,i got both my opamp from their site as sample which they sent from USA , i thought you have order some sample. ( i got them like 3 days after ordered )
i got some spare but i think easier for you just order sample from their site and they send via Fedex
what site? is this from Texas instruments? they wouldn't send me samples because I don't have a university or a company e mail
yes . i just put my University name ( u can put any company name in really like ' Melvins Tube Amp ltd ' ) with my hotmail email address and delivery to my home address.
just picked the choice what you need it for. ( i picked one that for wireless amp ) .
or can order from this guy
i bought from him as well before i knew about sample site.
Edited by jommy999 - 3/21/12 at 7:31pm
i have never get any contact back from them , after register and ordered then i get email confirmation ( with my hotmail.com ) i've never give any other email. mm not sure why they did ask you for that . but order with the guy on ebay link i gave you . i tried his opamp and seem to be alright ( heard that cheap opamp on ebay from china some are fake )
i think most ppl think its better . i heard few of ppl say that they like stock opamp more than the 2107.
for me stock opamp is actually good too but i don't feel the impact of sound. how to say, its like i could listening to my acoustic collection with stock opamp and fallsleep on it ,
to be honest after i tried LT1364 then i have never change back to stock opamp so i never really compare stock opamp with the 2107 yet.
ps.i would send you one if i live in US.
Edited by jommy999 - 3/21/12 at 8:24pm
- Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling
- › Audeze LCD-4 22 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Matrix X-Sabre DAC review and impression thread 1 minute ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 1 minute ago
- › Prog rock 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Wired Headphones is Dead the future is wireless 2 minutes ago
- › New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation) 2 minutes ago
- › Westone W60 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Jackpot77
- › Philips SHP9500 by reikoshea
- › Fostex T50RP MK3 Professional Studio Headphones, Semi-Open by reikoshea
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by RedJohn456
- › HE-5LE by audiophilehe400
- › Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System with Subwoofer by artofmanliness
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by reikoshea
- › Hifime Sabre 9018 USB DAC by Rish732
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Rish732
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by chef8489
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...