- 3,874 Posts. Joined 1/2012
- Location: East Coast, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Need a new Headphone Amp £200 budget. Last post on 6/11/12 at 11:49am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Little Dot 1+ Burn In / Sounding Harsh... Last post on 1/8/12 at 4:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- First Post- Looking for advice Last post on 8/3/11 at 10:17am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Little Dot I+ a little too loud? Last post on 6/4/11 at 1:35pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Little Dot i+ vs Schitt Asgard vs MAD EAR+ HD (Grado compliments) Last post on 7/1/12 at 12:52pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Edited on 11/14/12
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
Introduction I’m a basshead. I say that loudly and proudly, even though some folks believe basshead and audiophile are mutually exclusive. Obviously, I’m not in that camp. But sometimes, I...
I read reviews on this and I said let me try this out, for $10 I couldn't lose. This surpassed all of expectations for a $10 IEM. I am going to purchase a set for my wife, she was also blown...
Fanmusic is a distributor and a brand of Chinese audio-equipment which also has an eBay store. I was contacted by Tony, their manager a while ago and he informed me that they were working...
Very nice amp for mid-fiers to entry high-fiers. The sound quality and specs are very good for the price. Works very well with Jazz and Classical music in particular (not that rock and...
My pair was a supposed demo model from one of Hifiman's retailers. They came in mint condition, which is lucky for me. I'm not using a balanced cable yet, but I already feel it's a good upgrade...
- Headphone Impedance
Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling - Page 87
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Pros:“Powerful and affordable”“Powerful, clean output with slight warmth, small footprint, value for money, drives most headphones, nice connectability with E7”
- Pros:“World class sound and comfort from Beyer”“Incredibly balanced and the best all rounder I've heard”
Got my LD1+ today . roll the GB408A tubes and LT1364 opamp in ,,,, need to wait and burn in for a bit but so far so good. a little less bass than straight out from my soundcard ( just bought the Asus Xonar DX ) , im waiting for my OPA2107 to turn up and i hope will give a little more bass ( i could add bass on soundcard setting but somehow lost details of sound ) .
will give more result in few days when everything settle. Happy Day !!!
update : i rolled the E91 mullard CV4010 in and sound better and more bass than GB408A ... its like 5 times cheaper and seem like doing better job lol. but too early to tell i guess. will need to burn them in properly first.
Edited by jommy999 - 3/16/12 at 2:05pm
5 Days of LD1+ results !
Opamps battle : LT1364 VS OPA2107
- both giving similar sound overall
- LT1364 more details in mid-range
- OPA2107 more bass and a little better soundstage ( but both are great )
Tubes battle : Mullard EF91 VS Sylvania goldpins GB408A VS Voshkod goldpins EF95
- before burning them in - EF91 give better sound ,details , bass ,soundstage, etc than GB408A but after few days of burning then in ,the 408A is now sound so much better with nice Bass impact ( could feel it full bass impact ) , great vocal and soundstage too therefore the GB408A is a winner here ( i believe it will even get better after 100 hrs or 200 hrs )
- i got Voshkod only yesterday and now in the process of burning them in. so far so good ,better soundstage than GB408A, sound so clear ,warm , vocal as good as GB408A ( not sure if anything to do with goldpins as both are ( sound so pure and clear ,the vocal sound is so standing out ) but now the bass is not as good as GB408A but i believe it will get better after few days. lets see and i'll give more update
ps. i actually have rolled in Tung Sol 6AK5 too but only for one hr . it picked up so much noise and i just didn't want to give it a go any further lol so i can't really give any comment about them.
Edited by jommy999 - 3/21/12 at 3:15pm
yes that one but actually noone report any problem really , just the test that the guy did and think it might damage the headphone but i give it a go. seem alright so far .
about the soundstage of both opamps as i have tested both on GB408A ( after burning in for 3 days and try to listening carefully ) so basicly both give really similar sound ( or both are great ^_^ , sorry to stock opamp lol ) so therefore i would say its depend on the combination with the tubes.
now my set is OPA2107 with Voshkod EF95 ... warm tube sound , pure and clear vocal ,great soundstage and just mmm kinda my ears are liking the sound somehow( my Acoustic songs collection could not sound any better ) but its still in burning in process i think these will be my favorite tubes yet.
Edited by jommy999 - 3/21/12 at 6:51pm
I live in UK ,i got both my opamp from their site as sample which they sent from USA , i thought you have order some sample. ( i got them like 3 days after ordered )
i got some spare but i think easier for you just order sample from their site and they send via Fedex
yes . i just put my University name ( u can put any company name in really like ' Melvins Tube Amp ltd ' ) with my hotmail email address and delivery to my home address.
just picked the choice what you need it for. ( i picked one that for wireless amp ) .
or can order from this guy
i bought from him as well before i knew about sample site.
Edited by jommy999 - 3/21/12 at 7:31pm
i have never get any contact back from them , after register and ordered then i get email confirmation ( with my hotmail.com ) i've never give any other email. mm not sure why they did ask you for that . but order with the guy on ebay link i gave you . i tried his opamp and seem to be alright ( heard that cheap opamp on ebay from china some are fake )
i think most ppl think its better . i heard few of ppl say that they like stock opamp more than the 2107.
for me stock opamp is actually good too but i don't feel the impact of sound. how to say, its like i could listening to my acoustic collection with stock opamp and fallsleep on it ,
to be honest after i tried LT1364 then i have never change back to stock opamp so i never really compare stock opamp with the 2107 yet.
ps.i would send you one if i live in US.
Edited by jommy999 - 3/21/12 at 8:24pm
- Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 Hybrid IEM (Stealth) - Sennheiser IE800... 14 seconds ago
- › The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. 1 minute ago
- › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › Koss ESP/950: At wits end 2 minutes ago
- › The NEW WS99/WS77 PG 57.. 2 minutes ago
- › Sonic Satori - HRT Levels the Field with the MicroStreamer 3 minutes ago
- › Considering removal of DACMagic from system and using XONAR STX in... 4 minutes ago
- › Full-sized headphone that does metal decently? 5 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro - Limited Edition, 32 Ohms 6 minutes ago
- › IC: Audio Technica W3000ANV 7 minutes ago
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by TheGame21x
- › Monoprice 8320 IEM by Taharqa
- › Fanmusic MS-E1011 by ItsMeHere
- › Audio-gd NFB-5 by citadel
- › HE-5LE by JamesHuntington
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › JVC HA M750 by tinamou62
- › Aurisonics ASG-2 by eke2k6
- › Sennheiser HD-558 by Tr1ckster
- › Go-Dap DD Socket1 (DD/DA Converter) for iPhone & iPod... by AnakChan
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe