Thanks very much! I guess I will roll the opamp and the tubes as soon as they come in.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Need a new Headphone Amp £200 budget. Last post on 6/11/12 at 11:49am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Little Dot 1+ Burn In / Sounding Harsh... Last post on 10/15/16 at 7:17am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- First Post- Looking for advice Last post on 8/3/11 at 10:17am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Little Dot I+ a little too loud? Last post on 10/16/16 at 9:32am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Little Dot i+ vs Schitt Asgard vs MAD EAR+ HD (Grado compliments) Last post on 7/1/12 at 12:52pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Introduction: From the company that brought you the N5 and N6 sources comes the Cayin i5. The i5 is their entry into the very competitve mid priced DAP market. Cayin also has other lines of...
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all of...
UP with the Encasement of Sound! When I heard the Shanling UP, I was perplexed. I had read many a comment espousing the virtues of the Audioquest Dragonfly Black (DFB), and especially the Red...
To begin with, I would like to thank iFi for making this great tour and allowing some of us to test this product. I've been enjoying my original micro iDSD since January 2015 and it is really a...
-- **This review is a sample portion from the full thread: Meet the Puresounds Earbud Family.** **All photos are taken by me.** **Disclaimer - I was provided the Puresounds...
Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling - Page 86post #1276 of 29743/14/12 at 5:48pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1277 of 29743/14/12 at 7:19pm
the wait is killing me eheh. anyone ordered from David ? i have placed LD1+ about 6 days ago but still haven't get any delivery tracking number yet. How long you guys wait for the unit to delivered? Thanks
Edited by jommy999 - 3/14/12 at 7:21pmpost #1278 of 29743/15/12 at 8:46amQuote:
I recently ordered one from David as well. I also waited 6-7 days for a tracking number. I got impatient and sent him an email inquiring whether it had shipped yet....he sent tracking number and shipped that day. I would send him an email.post #1279 of 29743/15/12 at 12:17pmQuote:
That's about how long I waited before it shipped and I got a number. The actual shipment took so short though, that I actually got the package before I got the tracking number!post #1280 of 29743/15/12 at 7:11pmQuote:
Thank you , i have send him an email too . heheh and i got the tracking and shipped yesterday( same day i sent email ) . now showing that LD1+ at london heathrow now.post #1281 of 29743/15/12 at 9:16pmBTW, I drove my HE-6 with a Little Dot I+ on high gain. I had to really crank it to get a decent volume, but nothing exploded and it sounded quite nice.
Also, I rolled in a OPA2107AP and the difference is noticeable, it has a lower noise floor and blacker background. I believe it sounds more transparent too. For the cost, which is free if you ask TI for samples, it's well worth it.
Edited by Magick Man - 3/15/12 at 9:19pmpost #1282 of 29743/15/12 at 9:34pmpost #1283 of 29743/15/12 at 9:36pmpost #1284 of 29743/15/12 at 9:43pm
so you just ask em for one and they send you one? Free? I'm just using the op amp the LD1+ came with, would it be wise for me to ask them for one? Does it really make a huge difference? especially considering the fact that I have upgraded tubespost #1285 of 29743/15/12 at 9:48pmpost #1286 of 29743/15/12 at 9:59pm
right, so I have to sign up for IT and then they ship me one? It seems to take like 4-8 weeks though O.O.post #1287 of 29743/15/12 at 10:03pmQuote:Made a difference for me, and not in some mystical way either. I can actually hear a difference in background noise.
Yes, go to that page and click the Sample/Buy button. You put in your name and address and they'll send you a sample. I just told them it was for Home Audio, which is true.Quote:
Yes, it will actually drive the HE-6s. There's not really any headroom, and it's likely pushing it to the max it will do without clipping, but it sounds good.Quote:Took 3 days to get mine, they shipped it via FedEx ground. You in the USA? Also, you can request up to three, which is what I did. Figure it doesn't hurt to have spares.
Edited by Magick Man - 3/15/12 at 10:06pmpost #1288 of 29743/15/12 at 10:22pmpost #1289 of 29743/15/12 at 10:23pm
- Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 20 seconds ago
- › Shanling M2 DAP 1 minute ago
- › Denon AH-7200 1 minute ago
- › Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704) 2 minutes ago
- › Sennhesier HD600/650 Balanced Cable - Dual 3 pin XLR Neutrik 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Caffeine addicts anonymous 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 3 minutes ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 3 minutes ago
- › SE530/535 Acoustic Filter Mod: More SQ improvement than cables?... 3 minutes ago
- › Cayin i5 by subguy812
- › Lotoo Paw Pico by twister6
- › Shanling UP Portable DAC/Headphone Amplifier AMP ES9018K2M+MAX97... by ngoshawk
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Schiit Audio Vali 2 by DeeKay10
- › AKG K92 | Over Ear Closed Back Monitoring Headphone by SaturnVuk
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear