where would you get jumper pins at?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Need a new Headphone Amp £200 budget. Last post on 6/11/12 at 11:49am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Little Dot 1+ Burn In / Sounding Harsh... Last post on 1/8/12 at 4:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- First Post- Looking for advice Last post on 8/3/11 at 10:17am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Little Dot I+ a little too loud? Last post on 6/4/11 at 1:35pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Little Dot i+ vs Schitt Asgard vs MAD EAR+ HD (Grado compliments) Last post on 7/1/12 at 12:52pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
PreIntroduction: I am in no way affiliated or work for Aune. For this review, the Aune B1 has been provided to me as a review sample by Aune, as one of the 10 review samples sent out to...
Note: Review was done with a sample provided by DUNU-Topsound. For a more complete picture, please visit the dedicated thread for the DUNU DN-2000J (here). The DN-2000J is a classically...
Review: MDR-1A is the Head of Its’ Class Intro There exists a number of different schools of headphones with many different classes. In elementary school we had Apples Earpods as required...
This is one my favourite headphones. They have fantastic build quality, are inexpensive, require little voltage to be driven properly, are small and discreet, and sounds better than some pricier...
Introduction Final Audio Design (FAD in this review), based in Tokyo, Japan, makes some of the most exotic earphones and headphones available in the last few years. The company's...
- Headphone Impedance
Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling - Page 81
Gear mentioned in this thread:
A few have picked them up from shops that carry them for computers, seems they are pretty standard... Radio shack maybe?
Edit: didn't see that you might want those particular jumpers pictured above.... Not sure on those.
Edited by shipsupt - 12/11/11 at 9:06pm
the cable for the LD? No, I'm not looking for that one in particular. Just in general. if it would make my life easier in the future
ok, so just recieved my LD1+ and already love it! how are you supposed to clean these tubes exactly? also, the left one is already dark and the left chamber of my headphones sort of has a hum, up until you play the music, then you can't even tell it's there at all, and as I play music, it sort of dissappitates. The whole removing the jumber caps things was a little confusing because the booklet made it seem like tehre was more to it then just moving caps around/removing them. anyway...PICTURES:
Did you try to swap the tubes from side to side to see whether it presents something different?
I think the hum you hear it is probably not a good thing. Did you try to contact David, I hear he is pretty good answering questions and giving support for his products.
My amp does not have a hum, however the light is uneven in the tubes, the left one is more dimmed than the right. Also are you using stock tubes? I ask this because from the picture your tube is different to mine, yours has got a star type disc at the top while mine is plain round. Mine is stock by the way.
I have the EF92 which LD1+ sells, upgraded to it when I made my purchase. Is that the mullard or no? also, how do you take off, put on the op amps? just unclip the sides and stuff? Thanks so much man for answering my questions.
The picture quality is cloudy but it appears it is just a darker getter coating. The coating can be silver like or dark depending on how the getter is deposit in the tube during manufacture. As long the getter is not white you are okay.
It does give the appearance that the tubes are from different batches.
yeah, I believe that's it. sorry, crappy cell phone quality. anyway, it just immediatly sort of turned that dark color while the other one still remains slightly clear. This thing sounds ridiculously smooth. I'm in love
I have two pairs of tubes coming my way, one pair of RCA and one pair of Mullard. In the mean time I am listening to the stock tubes and Opamp on my new LDI+, trying to listen as much as I can since it is a very enjoyable amp to my ears, it is definitely my best amp purchase so far and it pair very well with my Grados and Beyer headphones. At the same time I'm kinda getting a bit anxious to crack this little gem open and start tube/opamp rolling ='D
Edited by willmax - 12/15/11 at 12:46pm
You may want to buy a cheap chip puller:
But you may find inserting an opamp chip more difficult than extraction.
So you may want to invest in one of the many available IC insertion/extraction tools.
Edited by Tribbs - 12/15/11 at 6:26am
- Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 1 minute ago
- › How to know if amp will have enough power to drive headphones? 2 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 3 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 4 minutes ago
- › Best sub-$200 (flexible) cans for classical, punk, and some... 4 minutes ago
- › The Accudio app by golden ears, a headphone revolution. 4 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › Alclair RSM Quad Custom In-Ear Monitor Impressions Thread [ These... 5 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 5 minutes ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › T-Peos Altone250 by Cotnijoe
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A Stage Headphone Amplifier by JoeDoe
- › Aune B1 by avitron142
- › DUNU DN-2000J by tomscy2000
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by GrindedDown
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by ElMarcado
- › Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI Headphones by ItsMeHere
- › T-Peos Altone 350 Hybrid 3 driver IEM by Peter West
- › AUSDOM M06 Over-ear Stereo Bluetooth Headphones Wireless + Wired... by Hisoundfi
- › Aurisonics ASG-2.5 Generic Fit Digital-Hybrid In-Ear Monitors in... by Luckbad
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2