where would you get jumper pins at?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Need a new Headphone Amp £200 budget. Last post on 6/11/12 at 11:49am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Little Dot 1+ Burn In / Sounding Harsh... Last post on 1/8/12 at 4:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- First Post- Looking for advice Last post on 8/3/11 at 10:17am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Little Dot I+ a little too loud? Last post on 6/4/11 at 1:35pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Little Dot i+ vs Schitt Asgard vs MAD EAR+ HD (Grado compliments) Last post on 7/1/12 at 12:52pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
If you told me that my review of a pair of headphones would somehow combine golf, science-fiction, sorcery and a supersonic jet I’d say you’re crazy. But then again if you told me I would...
I have been using the E17 "Alpen" every day for over a year now. It is my go-to device for enjoying music at work, or anywhere other than my home office. So, here are my thoughts: Build...
VentureCraft are a Japanese company well known for their portable headphone amplifiers and amp/DAC combo units. Today, I will be taking a look at their latest offering in this category: the...
This is a quick unboxing and review of the player. More detailed review coming soon.
- Headphone Impedance
Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling - Page 81
Gear mentioned in this thread:
A few have picked them up from shops that carry them for computers, seems they are pretty standard... Radio shack maybe?
Edit: didn't see that you might want those particular jumpers pictured above.... Not sure on those.
Edited by shipsupt - 12/11/11 at 9:06pm
the cable for the LD? No, I'm not looking for that one in particular. Just in general. if it would make my life easier in the future
ok, so just recieved my LD1+ and already love it! how are you supposed to clean these tubes exactly? also, the left one is already dark and the left chamber of my headphones sort of has a hum, up until you play the music, then you can't even tell it's there at all, and as I play music, it sort of dissappitates. The whole removing the jumber caps things was a little confusing because the booklet made it seem like tehre was more to it then just moving caps around/removing them. anyway...PICTURES:
Did you try to swap the tubes from side to side to see whether it presents something different?
I think the hum you hear it is probably not a good thing. Did you try to contact David, I hear he is pretty good answering questions and giving support for his products.
My amp does not have a hum, however the light is uneven in the tubes, the left one is more dimmed than the right. Also are you using stock tubes? I ask this because from the picture your tube is different to mine, yours has got a star type disc at the top while mine is plain round. Mine is stock by the way.
I have the EF92 which LD1+ sells, upgraded to it when I made my purchase. Is that the mullard or no? also, how do you take off, put on the op amps? just unclip the sides and stuff? Thanks so much man for answering my questions.
The picture quality is cloudy but it appears it is just a darker getter coating. The coating can be silver like or dark depending on how the getter is deposit in the tube during manufacture. As long the getter is not white you are okay.
It does give the appearance that the tubes are from different batches.
yeah, I believe that's it. sorry, crappy cell phone quality. anyway, it just immediatly sort of turned that dark color while the other one still remains slightly clear. This thing sounds ridiculously smooth. I'm in love
I have two pairs of tubes coming my way, one pair of RCA and one pair of Mullard. In the mean time I am listening to the stock tubes and Opamp on my new LDI+, trying to listen as much as I can since it is a very enjoyable amp to my ears, it is definitely my best amp purchase so far and it pair very well with my Grados and Beyer headphones. At the same time I'm kinda getting a bit anxious to crack this little gem open and start tube/opamp rolling ='D
Edited by willmax - 12/15/11 at 12:46pm
You may want to buy a cheap chip puller:
But you may find inserting an opamp chip more difficult than extraction.
So you may want to invest in one of the many available IC insertion/extraction tools.
Edited by Tribbs - 12/15/11 at 6:26am
- Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 54 seconds ago
- › IC: 2015 Melbourne Meet 1 minute ago
- › Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 2 minutes ago
- › Rate the video games you're currently playing 3 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 3 minutes ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 4 minutes ago
- › MCINTOSH LABS INTRODUCES NEW HEADPHONE AMP MODEL MHA 100 5 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: HiFiman HM-601 5 minutes ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 5 minutes ago
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by mscott58
- › FiiO E17 by prez
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2