Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Cannot BELIEVE THIS!!! UE-11 owners HELP!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cannot BELIEVE THIS!!! UE-11 owners HELP!!! - Page 2

post #16 of 28
Sorry to hear about your troubles man, the process is worth it though, especially when you live so close to heaven!

I was lucky that my Freqshows fit the first time, and they are the best headphones I've ever own in terms of sound, fit and comfort!

Stay with it, you'll be really happy when they finally fit well.
post #17 of 28
Thread Starter 
thanks, i know ill get it right soon.

Just came back from ue but they couldnt fix it on the spot, tried for 2 hours but the right ear just wont seal at all.

I dont know if im going to have to get a new mold completely, im going to go back next week for a more extensive process

well see......
post #18 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadneddz View Post
thanks, i know ill get it right soon.

Just came back from ue but they couldnt fix it on the spot, tried for 2 hours but the right ear just wont seal at all.

I dont know if im going to have to get a new mold completely, im going to go back next week for a more extensive process

well see......
You are lucky to be living that close! With that advantage you should have it sorted in (comparatively) next to no time!
post #19 of 28
Thread Starter 
sorry about my rant, i was really frustrated when i got them and i didnt mean to bash customs or ue.

After the refitting today, the fit alot better, even though the right ear doesnt seal properly i can really get a good glimpse of the phenominal sound quality of these monitors.

The sound is really powerful and deep.

When everything is sorted out i will post my impressions on my ue11s.

Plus ue customer service is top notch, so im not worried anymore about getting a perfect fit.
post #20 of 28
What are they doing for the refit? Just adding acrylic layers on certain areas? I wish I can see it done.
post #21 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefroastbeef View Post
What are they doing for the refit? Just adding acrylic layers on certain areas? I wish I can see it done.
I'm also curious as to know how ue will rectify your problem. I hope you post your experiences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadneddz View Post
sorry about my rant, i was really frustrated when i got them and i didnt mean to bash customs or ue.

After the refitting today, the fit alot better, even though the right ear doesnt seal properly i can really get a good glimpse of the phenominal sound quality of these monitors.

The sound is really powerful and deep.

When everything is sorted out i will post my impressions on my ue11s.

Plus ue customer service is top notch, so im not worried anymore about getting a perfect fit.
That was a big big concern I had when I ordered my ue11s. So big that by the time they arrived, I had prepared myself to send them back. I do consider myself very lucky that I have a great fit with awesome sound. I also think it's a huge plus being 15 minutes away from ue! Could be worse, you know??

Again, I hope you keep us here posted.....
post #22 of 28
Thread Starter 
Answer to your guys questions:

Yes they have a lab room where they add liquid acrylic to parts that need "fattening". They use a sort of light to harden it.

They also have grinders to grind down parts that are too thick.

Its pretty simple.

Ive figured out that my right earpiece is too long, which is why it is uncomfortable and pushing down against my ear, which also causes it to pop out from the bottom.

I will tell jeanette this hopefully early next week and ill tell you guys of the results.

Its bad because i just thought maybe it was the canal, but i realised it wasnt, so the guy at ue today was just shaving the canal down and "fattening" the width of it to seal better.

Wow, this was soo wrong. it wasnt that in the first place.

If you thnk about it its impossible for ue to know how to fix your monitors unless you can direct them. This is why i think many people have had to ship them back and forth so many times.

Damn my ue11s have been really modified from its original mold, so im wondering if ue will do another one completely new for me.

They actually advised me to stop until Noy takes a look at it, hes the audiologist there and did my molds in the first place.

They said that they didnt want the new changes to affect my original piece in a bad way.

oh well, this is frustrating, but im willing to deal with this, as the sound quality when i push them in and get a good seal is really something unique.
post #23 of 28
Any pictures?
post #24 of 28
I neglected to mention that this time (my monitors are due to arrive back to my hands next Thursday) I've asked them to rebuild the right side (left has always been great) from scratch. It's the third time they've rebuilt it for me. So they really will stick with you, making sure you have a satisfactory fit. Each time they rebuilt it, I had a refit or two from them and also had my audiologist try sanding it down a bit. Once you get too far away from the original mold, it's just not worth "refitting" anymore, and you have to ask them to rebuild it. I'm not exactly sure how forthcoming they are with that option since it's probably significantly more costly for them to reassemble a whole earpiece... but seems sort of the best way to go.
post #25 of 28
Thread Starter 
i agree, i noticed that in my right piece, the two bores in the canal are almost cracked in the middle, but its like a soft plastic tube thats separated.

This is really not good, i would really like a new shell.

Ill post some pictures when i get the chance
post #26 of 28
I've got a makeshift solution that should give you a better taste of what your customs sound like.

Lie on your right side on one of those memory foam pillows that adjust to the shape and temperature of your head. It should make a dented impression of your head and seal it off from noise and stuff.

It also frees up having to use a finger to hold an incorrect seal in all the time.

Try it, that worked fairly well as a makeshift measure for me when I lay in my bed listening to my then not well sealed customs.
post #27 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-One View Post
I've got a makeshift solution that should give you a better taste of what your customs sound like.

Lie on your right side on one of those memory foam pillows that adjust to the shape and temperature of your head. It should make a dented impression of your head and seal it off from noise and stuff.

It also frees up having to use a finger to hold an incorrect seal in all the time.

Try it, that worked fairly well as a makeshift measure for me when I lay in my bed listening to my then not well sealed customs.
cool tip!
post #28 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by thread View Post
I neglected to mention that this time (my monitors are due to arrive back to my hands next Thursday) I've asked them to rebuild the right side (left has always been great) from scratch. It's the third time they've rebuilt it for me. So they really will stick with you, making sure you have a satisfactory fit. Each time they rebuilt it, I had a refit or two from them and also had my audiologist try sanding it down a bit. Once you get too far away from the original mold, it's just not worth "refitting" anymore, and you have to ask them to rebuild it. I'm not exactly sure how forthcoming they are with that option since it's probably significantly more costly for them to reassemble a whole earpiece... but seems sort of the best way to go.
Wow, I feel even luckier now that my customs fit the first time. Sorry for you guys though..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Cannot BELIEVE THIS!!! UE-11 owners HELP!!!