Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Hip-Hop and Rap Fans!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Hip-Hop and Rap Fans! - Page 26

post #376 of 448
I really hope it is on or close to par to the original.
post #377 of 448
Just got my hands on Canibus - Melatonin Magik, I'm hoping it is great.

post #378 of 448
^ It is.
post #379 of 448
I think it's time we revive this thread.

For some reason, even if he's mainstream now, B.O.B has really got my head turning with "Nothing on You."
post #380 of 448
I do like that album actually, though 'nothing on you' seems to be very familiar. Seems to me it takes too many ideas from other tracks although I can't think which ones atm. I do like 'airplanes' and 'ghost in the machine' best off that album. That said I did hear a good remix of nothing on you on the radio recently, forgotten who by
post #381 of 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimJo View Post
Just curious - what do guys think of the new BLAKROC project?
I like The Keys quite a bit but I found this effort a bit like the popular 90s hit Judgement Night. Fail imo.
post #382 of 448
I've been listening to a lot of MF DOOM recently, specifically Born Like This it's just fantastic and i can't wait for the next Madvillany album.
post #383 of 448
Here is my list of Artists I like listening to.

Afu-ra
Army of the Pharaohs
Big L
Binary Star (With One Be Lo and Senim Silla)
Black Star
Blu & Exile
CunninLynguists
CYNE (Cultivating Your New Experience)
Immortal Technique
Nujabes (He's a DJ but does collaborations with Hip Hop artists like CYNE, Substantial, etc. Rest in Peace Nujabes.)
Poor Righteous Teachers
Strange Fruit Project


Lots more....
post #384 of 448


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockford View Post

Just got my hands on Canibus - Melatonin Magik, I'm hoping it is great.


Btw no long review or anything but this isn't close to his best work. I was rather disappointed when comparing it to the classic 'Bus, he seems extremely angry still at being slept on as a mainstream artist and is bringing up beefs that are years old. Still a solid listen, but not among the classics.

post #385 of 448

I recently listened to Murs' 3-16 The 9th Edition. It's dope. Check it out!

post #386 of 448

AZ is one of the dopest rappers and I wished he got more coverage. His latest album features a track called "Refuse 2 Die" and his 2nd verse is ill. And who can forget "Life's A Bitch" with Nas.

 

Binary Star were also one of the best duos in the underground hip-hop scene. It's a shame Senim Silla got locked up, but I think he's in a new group; however, I do wish him and One Be Lo would do another album together.

 

Bee (Aloe Blacc + Cradle Orchestra), I never knew Aloe Blacc could sing until that album came out and it amazed me. He's also the only artist out of my playlist that speaks about the "inconvenient truth" ie, treating the world better, reducing our carbon footprint, which is something interesting to think about.

 

Lastly, Tupac Shakur because of the legacy he left and his impact on the global society. How is it that you can walk into any urban school and the kids know who Tupac is? And, I think that says something about Tupac. He wasn't entirely what the media portrayed him to be, but he was also an awesome poet. If you can, youtube Maya Angelou's conversation with Dave Chappelle when Maya Angelou was brought on the set to do a cameo in the movie Poetic Justice.

 

of course there's a lot more artists that I listen to but I just wanted to highlight a few of my favorites.

post #387 of 448


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by taisho View Post

AZ is one of the dopest rappers and I wished he got more coverage. His latest album features a track called "Refuse 2 Die" and his 2nd verse is ill. And who can forget "Life's A Bitch" with Nas.

 

Binary Star were also one of the best duos in the underground hip-hop scene. It's a shame Senim Silla got locked up, but I think he's in a new group; however, I do wish him and One Be Lo would do another album together.

 

Bee (Aloe Blacc + Cradle Orchestra), I never knew Aloe Blacc could sing until that album came out and it amazed me. He's also the only artist out of my playlist that speaks about the "inconvenient truth" ie, treating the world better, reducing our carbon footprint, which is something interesting to think about.

 

Lastly, Tupac Shakur because of the legacy he left and his impact on the global society. How is it that you can walk into any urban school and the kids know who Tupac is? And, I think that says something about Tupac. He wasn't entirely what the media portrayed him to be, but he was also an awesome poet. If you can, youtube Maya Angelou's conversation with Dave Chappelle when Maya Angelou was brought on the set to do a cameo in the movie Poetic Justice.

 

of course there's a lot more artists that I listen to but I just wanted to highlight a few of my favorites.


Yeah AZ is great too, don't forget the Firm album with AZ, Nas, Cormega and Foxy Brown it's a classic. And Affirmative Action off It was written has some of AZ's best bars ever.

 

Binary Star is working on a new album!!! check out this interview on kevinnottingham.com I was excited when i read it last month hehe.

 

 

Quote:
I recently listened to Murs' 3-16 The 9th Edition. It's dope. Check it out!

Yeah i just recently got into Murs & 9th Wonder, their latest album that just came out Fornever is fantastic thru and thru, it really shows that Hip-hop isn't dead at all.

post #388 of 448

niiice! their new album better be just as good, if not, better than Masters of The Universe.

post #389 of 448

That's a tall order, i wouldn't go in with a preconception that it will be that good hehe. You are bound to be disappointed, MOTU is a classic, like top10 of all time classic.

post #390 of 448

Ok fellas. Righteous thread revival here! The Roots - How I Got Over

 

First couple of tracks arent exactly special. The coolness starts at track 5 and up doin it indeed like only The Roots can.

Go check!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Hip-Hop and Rap Fans!