- 44 Posts. Joined 11/2006
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- headphone upgrade help! Last post on 8/24/11 at 10:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone hating Last post on 9/30/11 at 11:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- The beautiful AKG. No review just *** lots of pictures *** Last post on 4/5/13 at 5:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My Ety's ruined my AD700s :O Last post on 5/7/11 at 11:06am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need new headphone suggestion Last post on 2/17/11 at 1:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I'll start off by saying I am by no means an audiophile, just a kid with some money and a passion for music. These headphones, as far as I can tell, have more prominent mids than most...
Let me just say one thing up front: if you have any complaints about the speed or the bass extension of these headphones, you need a better headphone amp. /endofdiscussion The HD600s will take the...
Sound is neutral with a slight mid bass tilt. Highs and lows are well extended. Sound stage is large for an iem. The bass has some impact without being boomy. The treble is clear without...
Thanks to Vivian from DUNU, I was able to listen to the best IEMs I place in my ears. I have reviewed a few IEMs such as the MEELEC M9, A151, CC51, M-DUO, JVC FXT90 and recently the Havi B3P1, but...
These have nice dynamics and are flatter than some headphones. Despite that the low-end still has enough gusto to bring tracks to life. Another benefit is the detachable cable which uses a 5N OFC...
K701 vs K702?post #1 of 179/5/08 at 2:28amThread StarterWhat are the differences between the 701 and 702? From searching, I have found that it seems to be a different color and a detachable cable as the only differences. Am I missing something else?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 179/5/08 at 2:40amI believe that AKG said that those were the only two differences, but I could be wrong. I knew the 702's were coming out but got the 701's instead because if found a new pair for $250. If you are not interested in upgrading the cable I would get the 701's. Who cares what they look like as long as they sound good.post #3 of 1711/8/08 at 4:11pmpost #4 of 1711/8/08 at 4:27pmpost #5 of 1711/8/08 at 4:33pmpost #6 of 1711/8/08 at 5:14pmpost #7 of 1711/9/08 at 6:22ampost #8 of 171/19/09 at 4:41pmpost #9 of 171/19/09 at 5:03pmpost #10 of 171/19/09 at 5:22pmpost #11 of 171/19/09 at 5:24pmpost #12 of 171/26/09 at 12:40pmDamn i am so tempted. I have the sr225s new (around 3 weeks old), and I have found k701 for 233€. (EDIT: 253€ shipping incl + new) I am very happy with sr225, and don't have a home amp, so my next buy would be a home amp, however if I let this offer go I would find the k701 for 438€
Damn I hate this hobby... Plus I know I will only be able to listen to one pair at a time... No, i should let it go... :S:S DAMN IT!post #13 of 179/2/10 at 4:28pm
IS the general consensus that there is ANY difference in sound quality/signature between the K701 and the K702?
I know that the consensus is that there IS a difference in sound between the DT880 (2005) and the DT880 PRO (with most people saying that the PRO is inferior) - so is there a similar situation to that with the AKG's?post #14 of 179/2/10 at 4:49pm
- K701 vs K702?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › New Audeze LCD3 29 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 33 seconds ago
- › New PC Music Server Build Project - All SSD - No Fans 44 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Valhalla Tube Rolling thread. 2 minutes ago
- › What does science think I should buy in the head fi market? 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by NineRedTools
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by rjm003
- › Miles Davis Trumpet High Performance In-ear Headphones by Merfolk
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Niyologist
- › Goldring DR100 High Fidelity Stereo Headphones by interpolate
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Delance26
- › AudioMinor Headphone Cables by Baycode
- › Etymotic Research Isolator MK5 Noise-Isolating In-Ear Earphones by eyal1983
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Gold by Frank I
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Inks
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3