- 44 Posts. Joined 11/2006
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- headphone upgrade help! Last post on 8/24/11 at 10:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone hating Last post on 9/30/11 at 11:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- The beautiful AKG. No review just *** lots of pictures *** Last post on 4/5/13 at 5:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My Ety's ruined my AD700s :O Last post on 5/7/11 at 11:06am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need new headphone suggestion Last post on 2/17/11 at 1:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I first reviewed the original Brainwavz R3 back in December 2013, and unfortunately...
Not too much to say here other than that these headphones are stellar! I mostly listen to my vinyl collection with these bad boys and it's an absolute joy. I purchased an external amp to power them...
Man are these awesome , they're cheap..but as all Beyers they sound fu**** awesome , these are clean , fun and dynamic , they sound excellent Let me preface this by telling this...
This is actually the first "over-head" headphone i ever bought, but compared to my philips and LG tone+ this one is a lot more for 70$, i mainly use it on my gaming rig with sound card...
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
K701 vs K702?post #1 of 179/5/08 at 2:28amThread StarterWhat are the differences between the 701 and 702? From searching, I have found that it seems to be a different color and a detachable cable as the only differences. Am I missing something else?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 179/5/08 at 2:40amI believe that AKG said that those were the only two differences, but I could be wrong. I knew the 702's were coming out but got the 701's instead because if found a new pair for $250. If you are not interested in upgrading the cable I would get the 701's. Who cares what they look like as long as they sound good.post #3 of 1711/8/08 at 4:11pmpost #4 of 1711/8/08 at 4:27pmpost #5 of 1711/8/08 at 4:33pmpost #6 of 1711/8/08 at 5:14pmpost #7 of 1711/9/08 at 6:22ampost #8 of 171/19/09 at 4:41pmpost #9 of 171/19/09 at 5:03pmpost #10 of 171/19/09 at 5:22pmpost #11 of 171/19/09 at 5:24pmpost #12 of 171/26/09 at 12:40pmDamn i am so tempted. I have the sr225s new (around 3 weeks old), and I have found k701 for 233€. (EDIT: 253€ shipping incl + new) I am very happy with sr225, and don't have a home amp, so my next buy would be a home amp, however if I let this offer go I would find the k701 for 438€
Damn I hate this hobby... Plus I know I will only be able to listen to one pair at a time... No, i should let it go... :S:S DAMN IT!post #13 of 179/2/10 at 4:28pm
IS the general consensus that there is ANY difference in sound quality/signature between the K701 and the K702?
I know that the consensus is that there IS a difference in sound between the DT880 (2005) and the DT880 PRO (with most people saying that the PRO is inferior) - so is there a similar situation to that with the AKG's?post #14 of 179/2/10 at 4:49pm
- K701 vs K702?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › National Audio Show UK 2014 - Brief Photo Tour 5 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 26 seconds ago
- › Ultimate Ears' New Way Of Making Custom In-Ear Monitors - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › McIntosh MHP1000 Headphones Announced in CES 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 2 minutes ago
- › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way... 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds <$50 CAD for Gaming? 3 minutes ago
- › On a mission to like jazz 4 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by Brooko
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by WavyGravy1
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 710 Trendline Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Marshall Headphones - 'Major' Over Ear (Black) by Kordz
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)