New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

pencil fi? - Page 8

post #106 of 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 View Post
^ pentel P205
I believe that you can also buy them in bulk, if you plan on losing them
My parents used to buy cheap mechanical pencils in bulk for me and my sister and keep pulling the hair off their heads everytime we had to bust out a new one because we lost the first ones or broke them jamming or unjamming them. The P205 is a cheap pencil but I swear that the 3 that I bought back in 2000 are still with me and still haven't jammed up. Love those pencils to death.
post #107 of 460
^ wonderful pencils indeed. However, they're in cold storage since my rotrings arrived.
post #108 of 460
staedtler 980 is quite fun, perhaps just because of its thick pencil leads =D
(quite annoying to get our the lead shavings from the back, though.)
post #109 of 460
Dammit, I gotta get a rotring 600 now. must sign up for paypal first...
post #110 of 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathanjong View Post
Dammit, I gotta get a rotring 600 now. must sign up for paypal first...
silver rotring 600 > Black rotring 600

They simply look better and results in less smudges.

Of course, you could get both and get one jacked by your girlfriend

[Me]: hmmm, what's in the mail today? Ooooh my pencils have arrived
[The One Who Must Be Obeyed]: Wow, nice pencils, Red! Thank you!
*yoink!*
[Me] NOOOOOOOooooooo!
[TOWMBO] Emo.

post #111 of 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoValidTitle View Post
Bump.

Does anyone know where I can actually find a .35mm pencil in retail so I can see if I like the fineness of the lead? I really dislike .7 but enjoy .5 I think I might really like .35 but I'm afraid of breakage and such.
There are some types of .3mm pencils available on ebay, Also 3 or 4 of the drafting pencils from pentelstore.com https://www.pentelstore.com/catalog/...16f043426f061d are available in .3mm. I tried a .3 and it's stronger than I expected.

I ditched my pens for notetaking at work (as I'm on the phone all day with clients) and switched back to mechanical pencils some months back. From Pentel I like the Techniclick G, and the P205. My most used is the Sanford Technician .07 (got a whole box full on ebay) it's similar to the P205.

You all might enjoys Dave's Mechanical Pencils Blog Dave's Mechanical Pencils
post #112 of 460
post #113 of 460
yes, yes and yes. But I would stick to 0.5mm though or .7 if you can find one. .35mm is way too thin and lead will break off every sentence.

Also, that's a bit more than I've paid. I think I paid around 37$ for both black and silver ones.
post #114 of 460
I've experienced a lot of breakage with .35mm, but I push a lot. Maybe also it's because the lead that came with it is too thin
post #115 of 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 View Post
yes, yes and yes. But I would stick to 0.5mm though or .7 if you can find one. .35mm is way too thin and lead will break off every sentence.

Also, that's a bit more than I've paid. I think I paid around 37$ for both black and silver ones.
Well, the black is $27. Would rather have silver though...
post #116 of 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathanjong View Post
Well, the black is $27. Would rather have silver though...
like I posted before, silver > black. It looks even better if you're a hand model.
post #117 of 460
I found silver for $30. Now to try to justify dropping NZD60 on a pencil to myself.
post #118 of 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathanjong View Post
I found silver for $30. Now to try to justify dropping NZD60 on a pencil to myself.
women take their clothes off the minute you pull these out.

if you don't buy one, men take their clothes off.
post #119 of 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 View Post
women take their clothes off the minute you pull these out.

if you don't buy one, men take their clothes off.
Must have them now...
post #120 of 460
good boy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home