- 4,051 Posts. Joined 10/2005
- Location: Roanoke, Va
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAKG K 77 Dynamic Around-ear Closed-back Headphonestagged by System, 10/11/10
- productAKG K99 Headphonestagged by System, 10/11/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/11/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 10/11/10
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones for gaming CoD and BF BC2 Last post on 1/13/12 at 6:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for some new headphones, 50-80 is my range Last post on 10/26/10 at 8:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- I need help with choosing headphones. Last post on 9/10/11 at 11:53am in Headphones (full-size)
- which headphone has best isolation and sound quality? Last post on 8/24/12 at 7:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Koss pro DJ100 VS Akg K99 Last post on 9/4/11 at 7:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
INTRODUCTION Build quality is excellent. This is my second headphone review.M40x is a recent release from Audio Technica,it is a...
PACKAGING : Earphones cames with a nice little box and 2 pair of white foamies (1 pair of donut and 1 pair of classic covered). I’m always using donuts one since it provides some slightly more...
Has anyone tried the new AKG 77 or 99?post #1 of 148/26/08 at 10:41amThread StarterJust curious if these are worth trying or not. Looking to see if they have a large sound stage or are just beaters.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 148/26/08 at 4:05pmThread Starterpost #3 of 148/26/08 at 9:00pmpost #4 of 148/26/08 at 9:36pmThread Starterpost #5 of 148/27/08 at 7:36pmThread Starterpost #6 of 148/28/08 at 12:31amIf I would have seen the AKG 77 before I purchased my SB40 and the Zalman Mic, I may have ordered them to try them out. They look a lot better and more comfortable than the SB40, but who knows about the sound quality.post #7 of 148/28/08 at 11:39pmThread Starterpost #8 of 149/12/08 at 2:26pmThread Starterpost #9 of 149/13/08 at 1:44ampost #10 of 1410/9/10 at 7:30pm
I know I'm bumping an older thread, but I have a pair of K77s. They have balanced overall frequency response to my ears, although the highs are a little disappointing. Bass is better (not thumping or cheesy) than the K110's I compared them too. They also isolate very well (with no leakage) and are reasonably comfortable. I am looking to replace them for two reasons:
- They are REALLY light plastic. This might be a plus for some, but they don't feel particularly durable to me.
- The sound, while fairly flat, is "muddy." It's hard to differentiate different instruments, and the soundstage is small.
All that said, I have enjoyed them in my dorm because of the comfort and isolation. They are not too bad for $50.post #11 of 1410/9/10 at 7:33pm
Stop bumping threads! Just kidding.
I'm actually glad you did and I saw these at Guitar Center and wanted to know more about them.
My location seems to have two cheap (small) pairs of AKG headphones.
They do look a bit silly though.post #12 of 1410/9/10 at 7:37pmpost #13 of 142/20/11 at 3:04pmpost #14 of 142/22/11 at 3:20am
I bought a pair of K77s to bide me over until I bought a pair of decent closed cans for my portable set-up. They are ok cans, quite neutral sounding, not exactly hi-fi, flat and a little muddy would be how I would describe them; I guess they would do for gaming/movies. Fairly comfortable, and isolate well without clamping too hard. They are ugly as sin though and you look very silly with them on, and the lower band moves while you walk and makes a horrible noise, so you definately don't wanna wear them out and about :).
- Has anyone tried the new AKG 77 or 99?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 17 seconds ago
- › Music Hall DAC 25.2 with NOS Mullard Preamp Tube 26 seconds ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 56 seconds ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 1 minute ago
- › Just received my Denon DA300USB desktop DAC/amp 2 minutes ago
- › [WTB] Parrot Zik Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Designed! Phase 2: "Pop" goes DSD. (page 122) 3 minutes ago
- › Is Razordog Deals authentic? 4 minutes ago
- › After you buy a headphone what is most important to you? 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by eke2k6
- › ASUS Essence III by 00lunar
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)