- 4,064 Posts. Joined 10/2005
- Location: Roanoke, Va
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAKG K 77 Dynamic Around-ear Closed-back Headphonestagged by System, 10/11/10
- productAKG K99 Headphonestagged by System, 10/11/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/11/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 10/11/10
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones for gaming CoD and BF BC2 Last post on 1/13/12 at 6:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for some new headphones, 50-80 is my range Last post on 10/26/10 at 8:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- I need help with choosing headphones. Last post on 9/10/11 at 11:53am in Headphones (full-size)
- which headphone has best isolation and sound quality? Last post on 8/24/12 at 7:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Koss pro DJ100 VS Akg K99 Last post on 9/4/11 at 7:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
REVIEWER INTRODUCTION First of all, I want to introduce my gear while writing this review. I'm using my AKG K612 PRO headphone with my Fiio X3 2nd Gen dedicated DAP. Currently I don't own any...
Preamble Whilst I have been an audio enthusiast for many years now, I must admit I have never really been all that interested in using any kind of esoteric cables with my systems. I have always...
Preamble: It is finally happening – Brainwavz Audio is making in-ears with Balanced Armature drivers again. After they were introduced to the public few months ago, the two single-BA...
The Lyra, released back in 2014-15 was refreshed along with Campfire Audio's dynamic and hybrid lineup as the Lyra II, and is a personal single dynamic driver favourite. We would like to thank...
They are re-branded Takstar Pro's with a mic attachment. Very good pair of headphones for the price, readily available and frequently on sale even here in Canada. The bass on these is...
Has anyone tried the new AKG 77 or 99?post #1 of 148/26/08 at 10:41amThread StarterJust curious if these are worth trying or not. Looking to see if they have a large sound stage or are just beaters.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 148/26/08 at 4:05pmThread Starterpost #3 of 148/26/08 at 9:00pmpost #4 of 148/26/08 at 9:36pmThread Starterpost #5 of 148/27/08 at 7:36pmThread Starterpost #6 of 148/28/08 at 12:31amIf I would have seen the AKG 77 before I purchased my SB40 and the Zalman Mic, I may have ordered them to try them out. They look a lot better and more comfortable than the SB40, but who knows about the sound quality.post #7 of 148/28/08 at 11:39pmThread Starterpost #8 of 149/12/08 at 2:26pmThread Starterpost #9 of 149/13/08 at 1:44ampost #10 of 1410/9/10 at 7:30pm
I know I'm bumping an older thread, but I have a pair of K77s. They have balanced overall frequency response to my ears, although the highs are a little disappointing. Bass is better (not thumping or cheesy) than the K110's I compared them too. They also isolate very well (with no leakage) and are reasonably comfortable. I am looking to replace them for two reasons:
- They are REALLY light plastic. This might be a plus for some, but they don't feel particularly durable to me.
- The sound, while fairly flat, is "muddy." It's hard to differentiate different instruments, and the soundstage is small.
All that said, I have enjoyed them in my dorm because of the comfort and isolation. They are not too bad for $50.post #11 of 1410/9/10 at 7:33pm
Stop bumping threads! Just kidding.
I'm actually glad you did and I saw these at Guitar Center and wanted to know more about them.
My location seems to have two cheap (small) pairs of AKG headphones.
They do look a bit silly though.post #12 of 1410/9/10 at 7:37pmpost #13 of 142/20/11 at 3:04pmpost #14 of 142/22/11 at 3:20am
I bought a pair of K77s to bide me over until I bought a pair of decent closed cans for my portable set-up. They are ok cans, quite neutral sounding, not exactly hi-fi, flat and a little muddy would be how I would describe them; I guess they would do for gaming/movies. Fairly comfortable, and isolate well without clamping too hard. They are ugly as sin though and you look very silly with them on, and the lower band moves while you walk and makes a horrible noise, so you definately don't wanna wear them out and about :).
- Has anyone tried the new AKG 77 or 99?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Twister6 Audio REVIEW index - the past, the present, and the future 6 seconds ago
- › MQA: Revolutionary British streaming technology 1 minute ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › New England (Mass, NH, Maine, etc) Winter Meet 2 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 3 minutes ago
- › New Audio-gd DAC-19 [10th Anniversary Edition] 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar... 6 minutes ago
- › Review: InEar StageDiver Series 6 minutes ago
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Mustainized
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by Peddler
- › Brainwavz B100 Balanced Armature Earphone by HiFiChris
- › Campfire Audio Lyra II by alffla
- › Kingston Headset KHX-H3CL/WR HyperX Cloud Headset Black Retail by tproc
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by tproc
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5 by NCSUZoSo
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by FortisFlyer75
- › Audio-Opus Opus#2 by twister6
- › Brainwavz B150 by B9Scrambler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear