- 4,063 Posts. Joined 10/2005
- Location: Roanoke, Va
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAKG K 77 Dynamic Around-ear Closed-back Headphonestagged by System, 10/11/10
- productAKG K99 Headphonestagged by System, 10/11/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/11/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 10/11/10
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones for gaming CoD and BF BC2 Last post on 1/13/12 at 6:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for some new headphones, 50-80 is my range Last post on 10/26/10 at 8:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- I need help with choosing headphones. Last post on 9/10/11 at 11:53am in Headphones (full-size)
- which headphone has best isolation and sound quality? Last post on 8/24/12 at 7:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Koss pro DJ100 VS Akg K99 Last post on 9/4/11 at 7:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This review is for the iclever IC-BTH01 Bluetooth Stereo Headset INTRODUCTION Let me introduce myself my name is Adam I am a 38 years old, I have been into audio equipment since I was in...
Introduction: Cayin is a Chinese company that has recently made quite a splash in the portable audio world with some of their very nice and budget friendly portable gear. The C5 amplifier has...
Let's ruin the surprise: I'm buying an Aune B1 the moment the nice folks at Aune Audio show up at my door demanding their demo unit back. I can't stop playing it and there's one huge reason:...
I purchased the XX's about a week ago, so I've had time to fiddle with them for a while. Let's just jump right in with the sound. Unequalized, these sound like you're listening to a set of desktop...
This has been a very unique audio experience for me. I stumbled across an insane deal on this headset, so I though I would give them a swing. Comfort: As an owner of quite large ears, I can say...
Has anyone tried the new AKG 77 or 99?post #1 of 148/26/08 at 10:41amThread StarterJust curious if these are worth trying or not. Looking to see if they have a large sound stage or are just beaters.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 148/26/08 at 4:05pmThread Starterpost #3 of 148/26/08 at 9:00pmpost #4 of 148/26/08 at 9:36pmThread Starterpost #5 of 148/27/08 at 7:36pmThread Starterpost #6 of 148/28/08 at 12:31amIf I would have seen the AKG 77 before I purchased my SB40 and the Zalman Mic, I may have ordered them to try them out. They look a lot better and more comfortable than the SB40, but who knows about the sound quality.post #7 of 148/28/08 at 11:39pmThread Starterpost #8 of 149/12/08 at 2:26pmThread Starterpost #9 of 149/13/08 at 1:44ampost #10 of 1410/9/10 at 7:30pm
I know I'm bumping an older thread, but I have a pair of K77s. They have balanced overall frequency response to my ears, although the highs are a little disappointing. Bass is better (not thumping or cheesy) than the K110's I compared them too. They also isolate very well (with no leakage) and are reasonably comfortable. I am looking to replace them for two reasons:
- They are REALLY light plastic. This might be a plus for some, but they don't feel particularly durable to me.
- The sound, while fairly flat, is "muddy." It's hard to differentiate different instruments, and the soundstage is small.
All that said, I have enjoyed them in my dorm because of the comfort and isolation. They are not too bad for $50.post #11 of 1410/9/10 at 7:33pm
Stop bumping threads! Just kidding.
I'm actually glad you did and I saw these at Guitar Center and wanted to know more about them.
My location seems to have two cheap (small) pairs of AKG headphones.
They do look a bit silly though.post #12 of 1410/9/10 at 7:37pmpost #13 of 142/20/11 at 3:04pmpost #14 of 142/22/11 at 3:20am
I bought a pair of K77s to bide me over until I bought a pair of decent closed cans for my portable set-up. They are ok cans, quite neutral sounding, not exactly hi-fi, flat and a little muddy would be how I would describe them; I guess they would do for gaming/movies. Fairly comfortable, and isolate well without clamping too hard. They are ugly as sin though and you look very silly with them on, and the lower band moves while you walk and makes a horrible noise, so you definately don't wanna wear them out and about :).
- Has anyone tried the new AKG 77 or 99?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › NEW - Schiit Asgard 2 10 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Official 2015 SF Head-Fi Meet, July 18, 2015, Doubletree San... 4 minutes ago
- › Will the Shure 1540 pads fit Shure 840? (or Fostex T50rp) 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE80 Headphone issues. 5 minutes ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2 Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › ChiUniFi 9 Meet Impressions thread 6 minutes ago
- › Zmf Vibro: Maple Cups with Honey Amber Finish 7 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 7 minutes ago
- › iClever® IC-BTH01 Lightweight Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 Sports... by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Cotnijoe
- › Aune B1 by Peter West
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by biggbenn74
- › Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Over-Ear Gaming Headset by snapacap
- › AKG Y50 Black On-Ear Headphone with In-Line One-Button Universal... by acain
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by Chaoturbo
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by Voyageur
- › Audio Zenith PMx2 Headphone by rschoi75
- › NuPrime uDSD Hi-resolution USB-powered Portable DAC (PCM 384, DSD... by pennstateee1
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)