- 4,064 Posts. Joined 10/2005
- Location: Roanoke, Va
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAKG K 77 Dynamic Around-ear Closed-back Headphonestagged by System, 10/11/10
- productAKG K99 Headphonestagged by System, 10/11/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/11/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 10/11/10
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones for gaming CoD and BF BC2 Last post on 1/13/12 at 6:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for some new headphones, 50-80 is my range Last post on 10/26/10 at 8:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- I need help with choosing headphones. Last post on 9/10/11 at 11:53am in Headphones (full-size)
- which headphone has best isolation and sound quality? Last post on 8/24/12 at 7:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Koss pro DJ100 VS Akg K99 Last post on 9/4/11 at 7:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I bought these (at £150) expecting much but was shocked by how far they fell short of even competency. They are very uncomfortable, badly designed and the sound is really nothing special. Whatever...
Can’t believe nobody has commented on the lack of an extremely basic feature that exists on 99% of MP3 players but missing from this and many other Fiio units — which is the ability to bookmark....
Advanced AcousticWerkes Q: Deceptively Small The AAW Q is an upcoming IEM from Singaporean company Advanced AcousticWerkes, scheduled for release in the first week of September. It boasts a new...
Now that I've heard all the ADEL modules from Asius technologies(what has been released since 8/16), it's even harder to pick a favorite. Some days I want to tune the sound to my unique anatomy,...
Has anyone tried the new AKG 77 or 99?post #1 of 148/26/08 at 10:41amThread StarterJust curious if these are worth trying or not. Looking to see if they have a large sound stage or are just beaters.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 148/26/08 at 4:05pmThread Starterpost #3 of 148/26/08 at 9:00pmpost #4 of 148/26/08 at 9:36pmThread Starterpost #5 of 148/27/08 at 7:36pmThread Starterpost #6 of 148/28/08 at 12:31amIf I would have seen the AKG 77 before I purchased my SB40 and the Zalman Mic, I may have ordered them to try them out. They look a lot better and more comfortable than the SB40, but who knows about the sound quality.post #7 of 148/28/08 at 11:39pmThread Starterpost #8 of 149/12/08 at 2:26pmThread Starterpost #9 of 149/13/08 at 1:44ampost #10 of 1410/9/10 at 7:30pm
I know I'm bumping an older thread, but I have a pair of K77s. They have balanced overall frequency response to my ears, although the highs are a little disappointing. Bass is better (not thumping or cheesy) than the K110's I compared them too. They also isolate very well (with no leakage) and are reasonably comfortable. I am looking to replace them for two reasons:
- They are REALLY light plastic. This might be a plus for some, but they don't feel particularly durable to me.
- The sound, while fairly flat, is "muddy." It's hard to differentiate different instruments, and the soundstage is small.
All that said, I have enjoyed them in my dorm because of the comfort and isolation. They are not too bad for $50.post #11 of 1410/9/10 at 7:33pm
Stop bumping threads! Just kidding.
I'm actually glad you did and I saw these at Guitar Center and wanted to know more about them.
My location seems to have two cheap (small) pairs of AKG headphones.
They do look a bit silly though.post #12 of 1410/9/10 at 7:37pmpost #13 of 142/20/11 at 3:04pmpost #14 of 142/22/11 at 3:20am
I bought a pair of K77s to bide me over until I bought a pair of decent closed cans for my portable set-up. They are ok cans, quite neutral sounding, not exactly hi-fi, flat and a little muddy would be how I would describe them; I guess they would do for gaming/movies. Fairly comfortable, and isolate well without clamping too hard. They are ugly as sin though and you look very silly with them on, and the lower band moves while you walk and makes a horrible noise, so you definately don't wanna wear them out and about :).
- Has anyone tried the new AKG 77 or 99?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Introducing the Dacamp L1, flagship CL1 Ceramic and CL750 from RHA 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › Rising cost of "audiophile" equipment and importance of bias/blind... 3 minutes ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 4 minutes ago
- › New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation) 4 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 5 minutes ago
- › Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Sound Quality 6 minutes ago
- › $1-$25 USD- Favorite budget in-ear monitors- General consensus... 6 minutes ago
- › [AUS] KGSSHV Carbon or BHSE 7 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 7 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R1 Headphones by Mr Vicarious
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by greencalx
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ustinj
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › Shure SE215 by Nick Walters
- › E-mu Teak Headphones by AT Khan
- › Marshall Mode In-Ear Headphones, Black/White (4090939) by PopZeus
- › Pro-Ject Debut Carbon by davehg
- › Brainwavz Jive by Lurk650
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...