- 4,051 Posts. Joined 10/2005
- Location: Roanoke, Va
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAKG K 77 Dynamic Around-ear Closed-back Headphonestagged by System, 10/11/10
- productAKG K99 Headphonestagged by System, 10/11/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/11/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 10/11/10
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones for gaming CoD and BF BC2 Last post on 1/13/12 at 6:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for some new headphones, 50-80 is my range Last post on 10/26/10 at 8:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- I need help with choosing headphones. Last post on 9/10/11 at 11:53am in Headphones (full-size)
- which headphone has best isolation and sound quality? Last post on 8/24/12 at 7:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Koss pro DJ100 VS Akg K99 Last post on 9/4/11 at 7:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
* Obligatory warning that I am not a professional and am not the best at describing sound qualities of headphones. I don't like to use words like liquid or chocolate because descriptions like those...
Brainwavz have been around since 2008 and have been working on providing improved and more original products as time has gone on. If you are familiar with the last round of Brainwavz offerings it...
I bought the S version that has standard 3.5mm TRS unbalanced plug. I didn't want to use the balanced-to-unbalanced adaptor that comes with the non-S version because my players would not have...
“First in last out!” While the above makes for an excellent military motto, it really sucks for an audio component reviewer. I must sincerely apologize to Rock Jaw, Rockbob, and the folks waiting...
Just some brief notes and impressions since no one else has put one up yet. Nice compact form. The little rubber cone feet are useless though and start wearing out. Surprisingly lightweight...
Has anyone tried the new AKG 77 or 99?post #1 of 148/26/08 at 10:41amThread StarterJust curious if these are worth trying or not. Looking to see if they have a large sound stage or are just beaters.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 148/26/08 at 4:05pmThread Starterpost #3 of 148/26/08 at 9:00pmpost #4 of 148/26/08 at 9:36pmThread Starterpost #5 of 148/27/08 at 7:36pmThread Starterpost #6 of 148/28/08 at 12:31amIf I would have seen the AKG 77 before I purchased my SB40 and the Zalman Mic, I may have ordered them to try them out. They look a lot better and more comfortable than the SB40, but who knows about the sound quality.post #7 of 148/28/08 at 11:39pmThread Starterpost #8 of 149/12/08 at 2:26pmThread Starterpost #9 of 149/13/08 at 1:44ampost #10 of 1410/9/10 at 7:30pm
I know I'm bumping an older thread, but I have a pair of K77s. They have balanced overall frequency response to my ears, although the highs are a little disappointing. Bass is better (not thumping or cheesy) than the K110's I compared them too. They also isolate very well (with no leakage) and are reasonably comfortable. I am looking to replace them for two reasons:
- They are REALLY light plastic. This might be a plus for some, but they don't feel particularly durable to me.
- The sound, while fairly flat, is "muddy." It's hard to differentiate different instruments, and the soundstage is small.
All that said, I have enjoyed them in my dorm because of the comfort and isolation. They are not too bad for $50.post #11 of 1410/9/10 at 7:33pm
Stop bumping threads! Just kidding.
I'm actually glad you did and I saw these at Guitar Center and wanted to know more about them.
My location seems to have two cheap (small) pairs of AKG headphones.
They do look a bit silly though.post #12 of 1410/9/10 at 7:37pmpost #13 of 142/20/11 at 3:04pmpost #14 of 142/22/11 at 3:20am
I bought a pair of K77s to bide me over until I bought a pair of decent closed cans for my portable set-up. They are ok cans, quite neutral sounding, not exactly hi-fi, flat and a little muddy would be how I would describe them; I guess they would do for gaming/movies. Fairly comfortable, and isolate well without clamping too hard. They are ugly as sin though and you look very silly with them on, and the lower band moves while you walk and makes a horrible noise, so you definately don't wanna wear them out and about :).
- Has anyone tried the new AKG 77 or 99?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 59 seconds ago
- › [Review] CK100PRO Unboxing & Impressions (+ a retrospective journey... 4 minutes ago
- › Why are there so many high priced items for sale from Head Fi'ers... 5 minutes ago
- › DT880 vs HD600 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 8 minutes ago
- › Stax SR-009 Channel Imbalance Trouble / Driver Problem? 8 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD2 Excellent condition 8 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 9 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Unique Melody Merlin - hybrid dynamic/balanced armature... 10 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DVass13
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jant71
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by Matias
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by HK_sends
- › Wadia 121 Decoding Computer Digital to Analog Converter by Armaegis
- › AKG X323XS by dweaver
- › Shure SE535LTD RED by hardbop
- › PSB M4U 2 Noise Canceling headphones by Mr_Owlow
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by squallkiercosa
- › Eclipse TD-M1 by HideousPride
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)