Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Ultrasone PRO900
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ultrasone PRO900 - Page 7

post #91 of 918
The floating tab thing wouldn't work, because the wire and the diode are soldered onto the same pad at both ends. It definitely looks like they're in parallel, and tot is right, this does make more sense. Zener diodes allow current in one direction and limit it in the other until the voltage reaches a threshold. They're probably using two zener diodes in opposite directions so that they can limit current in both directions until a threshold is reached. But I can tell you that this has nothing to do with the impedance of the headphone.
post #92 of 918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovkiller View Post
The specs posted for the headphones usually are the specs of the headphones as a whole product, measured with a dummy head, for the freq response, and with the lead on the cable supplied as stock, why do you think the curves are different?

The casing may modify the shape of the curve, but they can not increase the extension of the freq response, in the best case, decrease it....
It will be really unlikely to measure the drivers outside the casings, to post specs for heapdhones, as this will false the readings, freq response specially the bass and the curves will change in open air, and inside the casings.

BTW as I stated, that personally I have measured both, without diodes, and they measured identical...Also Evan the former engineer from Ultrasone told me the same, no need to doubt neither...they are the same drivers...if you want to keep on arguing, that is up ot you, for me there is absolutely no doubt at all...
You are really looking at facts with crooked glasses and you're blinded by it. Please read all the posts before you response with the most random arguments. Numerous times have I emphasized the fact that Pro 900, Pro 700 and Edition 9 share the same drivers. No need to repeat my argument and turn it against me as if it was yours.

What is amazing is that you're even denying the most basic physics of sound and it's change over distance. Try screaming in an empty room and record that sound and then try screaming in a different size/shaped room and record that sound, and then try comparing those two sounds. Sound chambers do change everything about audio. After the drivers, that's the most important part of speakers and headphones and such. slight distance change in sound reflector will change frequency and it's curve, so will the directions and distance between your ear drums and the drivers.

Am I absolutely sure that the drivers in Pro 900 are the same as Pro750's and Edition 9's? No. But I have my reasons to believe that it most likely is because the best evidence that we have at this point says that it is as told by their representative. I don't understand how you're so blindly sure that they're not the same drivers without having a single proof to back up your argument. You can argue your point all day long but at the end of the day, it's going to be the Ultrasone's response (not their usual ad) that I'm going to stick by, not your proofless, completely guess-driven theory. If it happens that their representative was miss informed and I end up being wrong as well, so be it. I have no regrets.

Edit: Please excuse my manners. I think I got a little carried away. But, if you give me any evidence or proofs that I maybe wrong, then please do so. I'm all ears and am willing to accept the fact that I could be wrong.
post #93 of 918
Analogbox, we've been through that in the last page since your post. There was a misunderstanding, and now I think you've misunderstood his response. Everything he said was correct, but he thought you were saying something else. Like I said before, we have a contradiction from Ultrasone and we need them to say definitively whether or not the PRO 900 has new drivers and how two contradictory stories came out. I don't know which is more reliable, Ultrasone's press release or some random customer representative. We'll see.
post #94 of 918
Quote:
Originally Posted by steaxauce View Post
Sovkiller, analogbox wasn't saying that the presence of casing could increase the frequency response of the drivers. He was saying that if the freqency responses of both the PRO900 and the Edition 9 were measured with the drivers installed in the headphones, the differences in casing could be responsible for the difference in frequency response between the Edition 9 and the PRO 900, i.e. the Edition 9's housing decreases frequency response more than the PRO 900's does.
That's what I've been arguing for the past few days in numerous posts in this thread. I don't how else to put it so that people actually do understand what I'm saying.
post #95 of 918
Quote:
Originally Posted by analogbox View Post
You are really looking at facts with crooked glasses and you're blinded by it. Please read all the posts before you response with the most random arguments. Numerous times have I emphasized the fact that Pro 900, Pro 700 and Edition 9 share the same drivers. No need to repeat my argument and turn it against me as if it was yours.

What is amazing is that you're even denying the most basic physics of sound and it's change over distance. Try screaming in an empty room and record that sound and then try screaming in a different size/shaped room and record that sound, and then try comparing those two sounds. Sound chambers do change everything about audio. After the drivers, that's the most important part of speakers and headphones and such. slight distance change in sound reflector will change frequency and it's curve, so will the directions and distance between your ear drums and the drivers.

Am I absolutely sure that the drivers in Pro 900 are the same as Pro750's and Edition 9's? No. But I have my reasons to believe that it most likely is because the best evidence that we have at this point says that it is as told by their representative. I don't understand how you're so blindly sure that they're not the same drivers without having a single proof to back up your argument. You can argue your point all day long but at the end of the day, it's going to be the Ultrasone's response (not their usual ad) that I'm going to stick by, not your proofless, completely guess-driven theory. If it happens that their representative was miss informed and I end up being wrong as well, so be it. I have no regrets.
Analogbox, please there is no need to be so rough, I'm not disregarding your observations, and I'm not saying neither that they are not the same, or that they could not be the same. What I'm saying is that if those are the specs for both, they are, but IMO, there is something not totally clear on those figures...if you ask me, and to be totally honest with you, I really doubt they will redesign any new driver at all, but then the freq response figure should be wrong, for either one, the old models or the new models, as if the allegated freq response are valid in both cases, they are different...period...they are completelly different, and the freq extension will not change so dramatically, regardless the position of the drivers in such small volume...as you stated if you scream in an sadium and in your living room, the sound will be difference but in such small volume I doubt the difference will vary from 35KHz to 42Khz or from 8Hz to 6Hz...

OTOH I would do like to get a valid expalantion on that topic from the main office in Germany, if possible from Florian to be more precise, and not that guy here, who had posted, as others have stated, allegations that are not 100% accurate a few times, so he is not an indication of any accuracy neither...
post #96 of 918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovkiller View Post
Analogbox, please there is no need to be so rough, I'm not disregarding your observations, and I'm not saying neither that they are not the same, or that they could not be the same. What I'm saying is that if those are the specs for both, they are, but IMO, there is something not totally clear on those figures...if you ask me, and to be totally honest with you, I really doubt they will redesign any new driver at all, but then the freq response figure should be wrong, for either one, the old models or the new models, as if the allegated freq response are valid in both cases, they are different...period...they are completelly different, and the freq extension will not change so dramatically, regardless the position of the drivers in such small volume...as you stated if you scream in an sadium and in your living room, the sound will be difference but in such small volume I doubt the difference will vary from 35KHz to 42Khz or from 8Hz to 6Hz...

OTOH I would do like to get a valid expalantion on that topic from the main office in Germany, if possible from Florian to be more precise, and not that guy here, who had posted, as others have stated, allegations that are not 100% accurate a few times, so he is not an indication of any accuracy neither...
As I edited earlier, please excuse my manners if I sounded rude and rough. I probably got too excited on that argument earlier. So, my apologies.

As for the frequency response, I don't think it really matters even if it changed from 1 to 10 and 25 to 65 because as mentioned by malos in earlier posts, human ear can only pickup between 15hz to 20khz so whatever happens out of that range means nothing but numbers on the paper. What matters is the curves it those hearing range which we don't have. If we're only talking about the drivers and drivers only, without any additional components, if we pretend that the drivers are indeed different, then the curves from two drivers will be different, whether they have the different frequency range or not. And, if they are the same, then the curves will be almost identical regardless of different frequency range.

At this point no one can be absolutely sure whether the drivers are the same or not. All we can do is just sit around and wait 'till we get to actually hear them in person. Of course, solid statements from Ultrasone representatives wouldn't hurt.
post #97 of 918
Quote:
Originally Posted by analogbox View Post
As I edited earlier, please excuse my manners if I sounded rude and rough. I probably got too excited on that argument earlier. So, my apologies.

As for the frequency response, I don't think it really matters even if it changed from 1 to 10 and 25 to 65 because as mentioned by malos in earlier posts, human ear can only pickup between 15hz to 20khz so whatever happens out of that range means nothing but numbers on the paper. What matters is the curves it those hearing range which we don't have. If we're only talking about the drivers and drivers only, without any additional components, if we pretend that the drivers are indeed different, then the curves from two drivers will be different, whether they have the different frequency range or not. And, if they are the same, then the curves will be almost identical regardless of different frequency range.

At this point no one can be absolutely sure whether the drivers are the same or not. All we can do is just sit around and wait 'till we get to actually hear them in person. Of course, solid statements from Ultrasone representatives wouldn't hurt.
That is another point, it is true that freq response that we hear is in that range, there is no dout of that, and I 100% agree with that, even I could say that even less for the majority of us....but that is not the point we were discussing about. We are trying to find out if that they are or not the same drivers, just for the sake of it, as even if they are the same, that will tell us very little about the overall sound....two alike drivers, even in different enclosures, and even if the curve is different, as they will be, they should extend more or less to the same points, or around the same...but after that we still need to hear them, as that will tell us very little about the sound, just take the example of the other two siblings, if you take the PROLines and the Editions, they measure similar, and they sounded completelly different, but that is a completelly different topic...
post #98 of 918
basic summary of what sov and i have been trying to say is: the significantly different frequency ranges of the (pro750/pro2500/ed9) compared to the pro900 lead us to believe that the pro900 does indeed have different drivers. that's our hypothesis.

pro750=pro2500=ed9 = 8 - 35,000hz
pro900 = 6 - 42,000hz

we just don't know the authenticity of these specs since ultrasone reps are giving us mixed up answers.
post #99 of 918
Wow! A big argument about one of the Ultrasone Pro headphones, and I'm not involved! Will wonders never cease?!!
post #100 of 918
Arguments seem to follow the Ultrasone name without fail. Is it really worth arguing about the drivers in a headphone that hasn't been released yet? Nobody's going to win unless someone from Ultrasone comes along and admits that one of the statements is wrong.
post #101 of 918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Pinna View Post
Wow! A big argument about one of the Ultrasone Pro headphones, and I'm not involved! Will wonders never cease?!!
This is your best post ever!
post #102 of 918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Than View Post
Arguments seem to follow the Ultrasone name without fail. Is it really worth arguing about the drivers in a headphone that hasn't been released yet? Nobody's going to win unless someone from Ultrasone comes along and admits that one of the statements is wrong.
And that surprises you? That is the nature of this hobby.....
post #103 of 918
Quote:
Originally Posted by analogbox View Post
I asked ultrasone PR if Pro 750, Ed 9 and 900 share the same titanium coated drivers and here is their response:
very interesting.
post #104 of 918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Than View Post
Arguments seem to follow the Ultrasone name without fail.
It would seem so, doesn't it?

As they say, there is something about Ultrasones. And I want to know everything about it. That is all.
post #105 of 918
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Pinna View Post
Wow! A big argument about one of the Ultrasone Pro headphones, and I'm not involved! Will wonders never cease?!!
This is your best post ever!
x2 !
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Ultrasone PRO900