Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Ultrasone PRO900
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ultrasone PRO900 - Page 3

post #31 of 918
I'm pretty disappointed that Ultrasone kept the same headband. That was one area they could've definitely improved on, especially in terms of comfort (more padding and support wouldn't hurt!).
post #32 of 918
One thing about Ultrasone's headband that I don't particularly like is how loose the adjustments are (they loosen up after some use, the step adjustment).
post #33 of 918
post #34 of 918
I never cared for blue painting on 750. Now that they have black painting instead of hideous blue, I think it looks better than ever. My only wish was to have somewhat smaller cups so that it doesn't ruin the "position" whenever I turn my head. It looks like same old size though.
post #35 of 918
interesting, it's going to have new and improved drivers. so that makes the pro900 drivers superior to the edition 9's. added to the new s-logic plus, i wonder if it has the potential to surpass the ed9 in sq.
post #36 of 918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahrose View Post
interesting, it's going to have new and improved drivers. so that makes the pro900 drivers superior to the edition 9's. added to the new s-logic plus, i wonder if it has the potential to surpass the ed9 in sq.
Having owned the 750, 2500 and ED9 I also keep thinking this one might be better than any of those....
post #37 of 918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kees View Post
Having owned the 750, 2500 and ED9 I also keep thinking this one might be better than any of those....
That just simply CAN'T BE

well, I hope not haha
On a serious note, maybe they did put some midrange in them and gotten rid of hollowness compared to the 750's. If so, I might have found a new portable, if it's not too crazy expensive, that is.
post #38 of 918
Can you say undermine UE9 sales!!!!

Ultrasone must be getting ready to stop production soon on the UE9 no matter what is said.

Companies don't introduce product that undermine sales if they can help it.

So if you have a UE9 it will be a collector item or you will have to purchase the follow-up product for twice the price. IMO...
post #39 of 918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrastique View Post
That just simply CAN'T BE

well, I hope not haha
On a serious note, maybe they did put some midrange in them and gotten rid of hollowness compared to the 750's. If so, I might have found a new portable, if it's not too crazy expensive, that is.
$599 msrp. the pro750 have an msrp of $399 but can be had for around 280 if you look around, so i'm guessing once some stores get a hold of the pro900s, they'll go for no more than $450-500.

ofcourse since they just came out, i think retailers are going to be charging pretty close to the msrp initially. it'll take a few months for the price to settle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slwiser View Post
Can you say undermine UE9 sales!!!!
Ultrasone must be getting ready to stop production soon on the UE9 no matter what is said.
Companies don't introduce product that undermine sales if they can help it.
So if you have a UE9 it will be a collector item or you will have to purchase the follow-up product for twice the price. IMO...
you're right, no company would introduce competition among their own lineup. i have a hunch that the ed.10 is just around the corner.
post #40 of 918
I just confirmed with Ultrasone regarding the drivers. The drivers are the same ones found in Ed 9 and Pro 750. But the difference between 750 and 900 is casing. The casing is supposed to be more like Ed 9, not as big as 750, therefore soundstage will be somewhat similar to Ed 9. It could be why they're called 900 instead of 8XX because of it's similarities with Ed 9.
post #41 of 918
Quote:
Originally Posted by analogbox View Post
I just confirmed with Ultrasone regarding the drivers. The drivers are the same ones found in Ed 9 and Pro 750. But the difference between 750 and 900 is casing. The casing is supposed to be more like Ed 9, not as big as 750, therefore soundstage will be somewhat similar to Ed 9. It could be why they're called 900 instead of 8XX because of it's similarities with Ed 9.
that's not what it said here: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f125/u...dphone-357697/

they specifically mention new drivers and provide new frequency response specs, as well as introduce s-logic plus (referring to the earcup changes most likely). why is there always so much confusion/conflicting info among ultrasone employees? first the pro750 pads, now this..
post #42 of 918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahrose View Post
that's not what it said here: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f125/u...dphone-357697/

they specifically mention new drivers and provide new frequency response specs, as well as introduce s-logic plus (referring to the earcup changes most likely). why is there always so much confusion/conflicting info among ultrasone employees? first the pro750 pads, now this..
Different casing and possible dampening materials (found in Ed 9) will most definitely change frequency response.

S-logic technology is simply a different placement of the drivers as found in 780 and 750. In 750 which has a standard S-logic, the drivers are placed diagonal to your ears, whereas, in 780 which has S-Logic plus, it is placed directly below the ears. This too can most definitely change frequency response.

Edit:

I guess there's more than the placement. These are the descriptions for S-Logic Plus -

Quote:
Due to continuous research and analysis, Ultrasone was able to integrate the enhancements of the patented S-Logic technology, based on the ear capsule design of the Edition 9, into its new PRO model. The special acoustically developed capsules exhibit the highest competence in sound and technology with their fine-tuning of the essentially tonal elements. Using an added dampener, the buffer board and sound pressure transducer combine to create an innovative tonal unit. The result offers an even more neutral acoustic pattern with optimized spatial perception of vocals and instruments from stereo signals.
post #43 of 918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahrose View Post
that's not what it said here: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f125/u...dphone-357697/

they specifically mention new drivers and provide new frequency response specs, as well as introduce s-logic plus (referring to the earcup changes most likely). why is there always so much confusion/conflicting info among ultrasone employees? first the pro750 pads, now this..
I might read over that but where do they specifically mention new drivers..? I just read they use titanium 40mm drivers which are the same as the 750 and ed9.
post #44 of 918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahrose View Post
that's not what it said here: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f125/u...dphone-357697/

they specifically mention new drivers and provide new frequency response specs, as well as introduce s-logic plus (referring to the earcup changes most likely). why is there always so much confusion/conflicting info among ultrasone employees? first the pro750 pads, now this..
Heh, agreed.

I am looking at the specs - they are marginally superior to Edition 9 (more extension in the bat-hearing range). Not the information anyone here should care for - I would rather see the frequency response graphs right now - would like to hear flatter midrange than the rest of their cans offers (if Edition 9 was even in the midrange, it would be golden choice of closed headphone for almost everyone).
post #45 of 918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrastique View Post
I might read over that but where do they specifically mention new drivers..? I just read they use titanium 40mm drivers which are the same as the 750 and ed9.
Ah shoit I must be blind....maybe it's just marketing bs I don't know.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Ultrasone PRO900