Originally Posted by fordgtlover
AMB: I apologies if you have already answered this question previously, but do you intend to offer either a group buy or an on demand custom face plate for this DAC?
I would definitely consider it. However, due to γ1's modular nature and number of possible configurations, there isn't a single set of panel design that would work for all of them. There are five main configurations:
- USB+DAC "full" (USB board configured for S/PDIF format and the DAC board fully populated with coax and optical S/PDIF inputs with front panel selector switch).
- USB+DAC "lite" (USB board configured for I2S format, and the DAC board will have no coax or optical inputs, nor would there be a selector switch up front).
- USB board only, as a USB-to-S/PDIF converter.
- USB board only, as a USB-to-I2S converter.
- DAC board only, with coax and optical S/PDIF inputs only (no USB).
In addition, there are sub-configurations. For example, some might want coax S/PDIF input but omit the optical.
It remains to be seen, but I may only do panels for one of these configurations only.