Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › I need someone to outbid me on these.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I need someone to outbid me on these. - Page 3

post #31 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by nor_spoon View Post
Looks like you are outbid, so you can put the rope back in the drawer now.
good line.
post #32 of 52
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nor_spoon View Post
Looks like you are outbid, so you can put the rope back in the drawer now.
Wooow, just 5 more minutes and it would have been a bit different....
post #33 of 52
This thread sent alarm bells ringing for me. As harsh as it may seem having lived for many years with a loved one who suffers a compulsive disorder reassurances that everything will be alright along with subtle quick fix suggestions and jokes and smilies are wasted.

Sadly the harsh reality is that a person with maxed out credit panicked enough to publicly seek help whilst boasting a Head-Fi Gear list of 30+ assorted phones, 60+ players, amps and computer parts many of which are identical models in different colours along with items never used or unboxed disturbingly indicates that a debit reducing sell up, credit intervention and some serious counselling are in order.
post #34 of 52
Thread Starter 
Can I borrow yours? I'll return it. I'm wanting a Tomahawk awful bad. I'd prefer a Predator but will settle if your card won't do the Predator.
post #35 of 52
Lewis, you've got to do a LOT of long hard thinking/growing up regarding your priorities. This is coming from a 20 year old Uni student.
post #36 of 52
You see, the new way I handle compulsive buys is with my wife...now I get slapped whenever I show her what new gadget I want to buy...
post #37 of 52
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmiarka View Post
You see, the new way I handle compulsive buys is with my wife...now I get slapped whenever I show her what new gadget I want to buy...
LOL..I picture a cartoon where the man is on an autowalk heading straight to his wife at the end of the autowalk and he's holding out a gadget. As soon as he gets there his wife smacks him and he, like a rotating machine, turns around, heads to the other end of the autowalk and starts the cycle all over again. LOL
post #38 of 52
take your lesson......
post #39 of 52
Haven't bought anything off ebay for two months now. Think I'm finally kicking the "buy it now" habit.
Last straw was thinking "I really must have a set of bongos!" Why? Don't know, I have no rythmn to speak of. Spent £25 / $50 on a second hand pair and hit the skins a couple of times and it hasn't been used again. Ever. I really should put them back up on ebay to get some money back, but six months later? They're still in the corner of the living room just laughing at me.
post #40 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by spookygonk View Post
Haven't bought anything off ebay for two months now. Think I'm finally kicking the "buy it now" habit.
Last straw was thinking "I really must have a set of bongos!" Why? Don't know, I have no rythmn to speak of. Spent £25 / $50 on a second hand pair and hit the skins a couple of times and it hasn't been used again. Ever. I really should put them back up on ebay to get some money back, but six months later? They're still in the corner of the living room just laughing at me.
It is easy to find something you "got to have" on ebay lol!
post #41 of 52
Thread Starter 
It's also easy to find something you need in this forum...my sig speaks for itself
post #42 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewislink View Post
It's also easy to find something you need in this forum...my sig speaks for itself
Spot on
post #43 of 52
lewislink, why would you buy so many mp3 players and iems?!
post #44 of 52
Thread Starter 
It's my current hobby. You should have seen what I collected with computer parts. Everyone needs a hobby. This is mine...for now.
post #45 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewislink View Post
It's my current hobby obsession/addiction. You should have seen what I collected with computer parts. Everyone needs a hobby. This is mine...for now.
Fixed
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › I need someone to outbid me on these.