- 116 Posts. Joined 7/2008
- Location: FWI
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 11/14/14 at 4:34pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 9/27/13 at 11:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Brainwavz S0 Quick Review Thanks to mp4nation for the sample. Full Review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/743834/brainwavz-s0-review-by-mark2410 Brief: The S5 has a baby...
Over the recent months, Creative has been bursting out some pretty nice portable gears aiming from the basic casual user all the way up to serious audiophiles. Most importantly, they are pricing...
The main selling point of this DAP is its size. Operation is straightforward, and small screen is better than none. Sound signature is likeable, detailed enough and musical enough. It uses RKnanoC...
I realize this is ancient news in 2014 but I recently rediscovered my iAudio7 and am loving it. It sounds remarkably good for a "fun"-signatured DAP and holy mackerel, the battery life is...
- Headphone Impedance
Emission Labs EML 274B - Pics and small Review vs. Sophia Princess 274B - Page 3
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
They do, you just have to contact Jack as EML aren't listed on their site.
Yes! Please, any insight would be great!
I would really like to hear opinions about EML 5U4G vs EML 274B. This because I find the highs with the the EML 274B a bit too ear piercing for me (at least when paired with the 7236 power tubes), so I'm particularly wondering if the 5U4G is different in this regard?
Also is the text on the Sophia Princess base yellow or gold?. I have seen pictures where it looks like metallic gold paint, but on these pictures it looks like just plain yellow paint. Also anyone have any opinions on the sound differences between the Sophia 274B rigid and mesh plate?
Personally I'm not completely satisfied with the EML 274B, thus I'm looking for alternatives (or pairing it with more suitable driver/power tubes). In my WA22 paired with Shuguang Treasure CV-181Z and Sylvania 7236 power tubes, the EML 274B highs are too ear piercing and the vocals too "laid back" for my taste. So it doesn't fit all kinds of music (especially metal/hard rock) IMO. With 6080 power tubes, this is less of a problem but still.. For the kind of music I listen to I actually prefer the smoother RCA 5U4GB and the RCA 5R4GY rectifier, though they are so dull looking compared to the stunning EML
- Emission Labs EML 274B - Pics and small Review vs. Sophia Princess 274B
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Havi B6 ! 45 seconds ago
- › Introduction Thing 50 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 51 seconds ago
- › looking for a headphone 1 minute ago
- › Some HOT Science From Synergistic Research 1 minute ago
- › 1964 Ears 1 minute ago
- › Need some advice to upgrade my headphone setup. 2 minutes ago
- › NEW V-Moda Mountain Dew Baja Blast Shields & Wing Plates... 3 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM70: A Bold New Direction 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by mark2410
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by ClieOS
- › Blue Microphones Mo-Fi Powered High-Fidelity Headphones with... by MacedonianHero
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › Cowon iAUDIO 7 16Gb by Climber
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheHeadPhoneGuy
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundApprentice
- › Beyerdynamic DT-990 Professional Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by anoobis
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by dweaver
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)