Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Audio-Technica ATH-AD2000 Discussion (and Appreciation) Thread!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audio-Technica ATH-AD2000 Discussion (and Appreciation) Thread! - Page 40

post #586 of 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizkid View Post

ATH-AD2000x anyone? It's been 8 years since the AD2000 got released, i have owned one some years ago but the comfort wasn't for me with the drivers touching my ears. I wouldn't be surprised if an update comes the next 1-2 years with alot of other companies throwing out open headphones recently. AT will need catch up at some point.

 

A new open headphone from AT would be very interesting news to me indeed. Wood is nice and all, but...

post #587 of 776

AD2000 ordered tongue.gif always wanted to try this headphone ...

 

Hum just saw that it was discontinued but still avaliable , good to have ordered one before it disapear , but peraphs a new line is coming .

 

http://www.audio-technica.co.jp/atj/discon/headphone.html


Edited by HaVoC-28 - 10/5/12 at 10:07am
post #588 of 776

I don't have a ton of experience with AT's other headphones but they did something right with the ad2k, I doubt the new stuff will eclipse the older model.

post #589 of 776

I would like to see the drivers angled in a new AD2000. I'm 99% sure that will lead to a more involving soundstage. Also better comfort would be nice.

post #590 of 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizkid View Post

I would like to see the drivers angled in a new AD2000. I'm 99% sure that will lead to a more involving soundstage. Also better comfort would be nice.

 

I love these headphones, but found the comfort to be a little low for long usage (more than an hour). I slapped a pair of hifiman pads on them, and my ears do not touch the drivers anymore at all. I can wear these for hours on end. I can easily have more than 6 hours in one sit down, and these are so comfortable now. Only issue that can come up is the heat after some time. 

post #591 of 776

has anyone with the AD2000 heard the AD900? how do the two compare?

post #592 of 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwappo99 View Post

 

I love these headphones, but found the comfort to be a little low for long usage (more than an hour). I slapped a pair of hifiman pads on them, and my ears do not touch the drivers anymore at all. I can wear these for hours on end. I can easily have more than 6 hours in one sit down, and these are so comfortable now. Only issue that can come up is the heat after some time. 

I found issue with comfort esp the clamp when I first got mine but after some time the comfort is much better now.

post #593 of 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Sneis View Post

I don't have a ton of experience with AT's other headphones but they did something right with the ad2k, I doubt the new stuff will eclipse the older model.

What do you think of your RS1 vs AD2000? Listening to Wilco's Yankee Hotel Foxtrot and the AD2K trounces the RS1i. I never could find too many redeeming traits in the RS1i and the comfort is abysmal. The AD2K is silly fun (absolutely top notch with drums), with a very capable soundstage, that makes the RS1's staging seem shallow like a kiddie pool comparatively. The Zana Deux helps the AD2K tremendously with the additions of synergy, while my RS1's are very conservative with amp mating, and don't seem to change their character but subtly (via tubes or solid state). Have you had better luck with yours? 


Edited by ericfarrell85 - 10/9/12 at 5:24pm
post #594 of 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwappo99 View Post

 

I love these headphones, but found the comfort to be a little low for long usage (more than an hour). I slapped a pair of hifiman pads on them, and my ears do not touch the drivers anymore at all. I can wear these for hours on end. I can easily have more than 6 hours in one sit down, and these are so comfortable now. Only issue that can come up is the heat after some time. 

 

 

I find these pretty comfy.  I haven't had any issues with them as of yet.

 

Is Asr the only one who did a review on these?

 

What other pads can fit these?


Edited by preproman - 10/9/12 at 5:27pm
post #595 of 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post

Is Asr the only one who did a review on these?

 

There are a surprisingly large number of reviews on these when you do a search. More than most other headphones IME.

post #596 of 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post

 

 

I find these pretty comfy.  I haven't had any issues with them as of yet.

 

Is Asr the only one who did a review on these?

 

What other pads can fit these?

 

The Hifimans fit, but as with the stock pads, its a bit of a struggle. Since they fit, I'd assume you could get the Shure 840 pads to fit as well. I would also ponder the Brainwavz HM5 pads as an option, but they are very thick. 

 

I'd be interested to hear other options as well...

post #597 of 776

AD2000 At Home smile.gif

 

First 3D wings that don't fall of my head at first movement without any adujsment , on my previous A2000X feat was too loose (well bending the arc helped a bit) . 

There is a huming with Auditor when no Sound and audible when playing at low volume or for passage that are lower in volume , but it was exepcted as reported before , the huming is present also with an HA info U2 plus but less noticeable , anyway will try an 100 ohms adapater or something to see if sound is very altered or not .(and peraphs think in another amp if not good) .

 

Despite this i can say that i am very pleased with AD2000 , mids are really special , very forward , female vocals are just awesome , very lush , with a good amout of details , peraphs not the most transparent can i had but very enjoyable , highs never bothered me and they extend pretty well , bass it's just enough pratt , quantity , texture , i can't hear anything wrong . Lot of air , not the widest soundstage , but it's not bad at all . And "speed" well the fatest can i ever had . 

 

I think that i will keep them , cause i am really liking what i am hearing from them . tongue.gif (and thank to pricejapan by way) .


Edited by HaVoC-28 - 10/12/12 at 3:46am
post #598 of 776

Does anyone know why there's a tonne of these cans on sale in the F/S forums? Statistical anomaly?

post #599 of 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post

Does anyone know why there's a tonne of these cans on sale in the F/S forums? Statistical anomaly?

 

Yeah. I think so, haha.

post #600 of 776

I wish I bought my Ad2k now instead of when I did. I would have saved a good amount of money lol. It is something you won't see everyday. When I bought mine I waited a good amount of time before one popped up in the FS.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Audio-Technica ATH-AD2000 Discussion (and Appreciation) Thread!