What did you stuff the pads with? I used black silicon tubing, 5/16" I think.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What should I look for in cans for Movies only? Last post on 4/3/13 at 9:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best upgrade for me? Coming from K701 and D5000 Last post on 10/31/12 at 12:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
- OPEN headphones with the TIGHTEST bass! Last post on 8/11/12 at 8:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- New headphones for metal/rock currently own DT990 Last post on 7/13/12 at 10:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best match for Maverick Audio A1? Last post on 7/21/11 at 3:56am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
I was looking for closed headphones with a pricetag up to €200 that could be used without an amp. After some research and listening sessions I bought the M50x. There's really not a lot to say about...
If you look at my profile, I stay within a small range of products that have worked for my son and I. These include V-Moda, Westone, Audio Technica and Klipsch. Each have their own strenghts,...
I've had Mentor for nearly a month before selling it and JH16fp (first deciding to sell Mentor, then putting it on hold, then selling JH, then finally selling Mentor) and thought I'd share my...
Audio-Technica ATH-AD2000 Discussion (and Appreciation) Thread! - Page 15post #211 of 7763/13/12 at 4:55am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #212 of 7763/13/12 at 9:19ampost #213 of 7763/13/12 at 10:03pm
ATH-AD2000 heading my way. :D I'll try them with the Auditor for now and see how I like them compared to my T1. If I like them enough I will be picking up some sort of Dynalo based amp. Awesome!post #214 of 7763/14/12 at 8:11amQuote:Originally Posted by Omnirai
I'm also completely unable to actually enjoy my music from them. Meanwhile, the AD2000 just throws the music in my face, tells me to stop thinking about "micro-detail, soundstage space, roll-off, decay, frequency response blah bzzt" and start bobbing my head to music. I like that. I haven't heard the 800s out of mind-blowingly expensive tube amps though, I heard that helps things along.
This is the most important thing to remember about the Ad2000.post #215 of 7763/15/12 at 12:25pmpost #216 of 7763/15/12 at 1:59pmQuote:
Please post your impressions. And comparisons if you have any other hifi headphones. :D
My AD2000 will be here tomorrow. I only have the T1 to compare it to. Other headphones I would have to go by memory.post #217 of 7763/15/12 at 2:13pm
Still adjusting to the sound, but I think my initial like is evolving into love! I'll do some quick A/Bing with the HE-300 before I ship them off and write some impressions when I get back from lunch and the UPS store.post #218 of 7763/15/12 at 2:16pmpost #219 of 7763/15/12 at 4:21pm
Well, its been more than a week, and I still am not tired of these. These are the best cans in my rotation (they should be for the price heh) but finding them to cover my favourite genres great. (electronica, acoustic/folk, synthpop)
I'm so happy I got the chance to grab these ^__^post #220 of 7763/15/12 at 4:26pm
I honestly have not found one genre they don't sound great with. That's not to say others don't sound better for them, but I'm enjoying Miles Davis, Radiohead and Sara Bareilles on these just to name a few.post #221 of 7763/15/12 at 4:32pmQuote:
Mm radiohead is fantastic. Anything where the vocals haven't had much processing applied to them is fantastic, as the AD2000 really brings out the nuances in intonation and breath in the studio space.post #222 of 7763/15/12 at 5:21pm
Ditto. Laura Marling's voice is currently melting my brain.
Impressions for ZenErik:
I could stand just a bit more bass (sub bass specifically), but I wouldn't call it deficient and the overall sound sound is so good it's not bothering me. It goes virtually as deep as the HE-300 did and I can hear all the notes with nice impact too, it's just not as powerful. This is fine though, because while the HE-300 bass could be very fun, I always felt it was too much and veiling the highs a bit. Speaking of which, I think the AD2000 treble is just about perfect in quantity for me. Any more would be too much. It can render cymbals a tad too sparkly/shimmery to be realistic imo, but not in an unenjoyable way or one that I couldn't probably fix with a low pass filter if I felt so inclined. My feelings about the mids are captured in the statement at the beginning of this post. Definitely a step up in clarity and resolution, but what's impressing me the most is the lack of grain relative to my previous phones. Individual instruments sound like they have more spaciousness between them, but the overall soundstage is smaller than the HE-300, about as wide as the HM5, maybe slightly wider. I really need to do a lot more listening to get a handle on everything of course. Coming from T1s your experience will probably be a little different.post #223 of 7763/15/12 at 5:45pm
Hmm, my ears touching the drivers does start to bother me a little after a while. I've tried phat padding without success using some strips of cloth from an old sweater. (I experimented with different materials in ADxxx pads when I used to have A700s and found the cloth to give the best isolation/bass, though maybe I should go back and try others again.) Anyone ever tried W1000(x) pads on these, or know pads from other brands that fit? This looks especially epic.post #224 of 7763/15/12 at 5:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by manveru
Hmm, my ears touching the drivers does start to bother me a little after a while. I've tried phat padding without success using some strips of cloth from an old sweater. (I experimented with different materials in ADxxx pads when I used to have A700s and found the cloth to give the best isolation/bass, though maybe I should go back and try others again.) Anyone ever tried W1000(x) pads on these, or know pads from other brands that fit? This looks especially epic.
I usually get a problem after a few hours, but I don't really mind. I suspect phat padding will alter the sound somewhat, though I'm interested to see what padding to angle the drivers will do.post #225 of 7763/15/12 at 6:07pmQuote:
Yeah, it's not too bad. I could get through the length of an album or two ok, but it's certainly not helping. When I tried the padding just now, it decreased bass and increased treble, which is a no go for me :/
- Audio-Technica ATH-AD2000 Discussion (and Appreciation) Thread!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › $40-$80 headphones / BeyerDyanmic 501p vs JVC HA-S600 25 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 2 minutes ago
- › Choosing hd 598, how bad is the sound leak? 3 minutes ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid... 3 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › Where to demo headphones near London? 4 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears SuperFi 5 EB+Case+LOD+Upgrade cable 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › HD600 + Extended Bass + Larger Soundstage = ? 6 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude