Thanks, I think I'm going to try to mod today. Hope I don't mess up.
- brandDenontagged by System, 8/3/10
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/3/10
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by System, 8/3/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/3/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/3/10
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone have or able to measure the cup diameter of Denon's quick? Last post on 9/1/10 at 12:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hello! I am having a hard time choosing between Denon 5k and 7k. Last post on 8/26/10 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon owners respond Last post on 8/26/10 at 10:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need advice on new headphones in the $300 range Last post on 8/15/10 at 10:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Should I get the Denon AH D5000? Last post on 6/20/11 at 3:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Acknowledgment Thanks to @Tony-Hifi of HiFi headphones for making me review this desktop DAC/Amp as a favour. I love reviewing loaners, but it’s always sad to package and send them off...
Hi Head-Fi/Vibro Labs fans, I was the second stop on the Aria tour, and I've had a great week reviewing them. This post will contain some of my thoughts and impressions, and I'll be touching on...
Ok I have been using a pair of these for several years. I logged on because there are way too many positive reviews of these things. Firstly: everything I mix on these is significantly...
Never thought this day would come but I guess blunders are inevitable. There is no denying the Beyerdynamic T5p is one attractive looking Headphone, I think it's among the most beautiful and...
I didn't have much expectations when i ordered this headphone from GearBest back in january 2016..it took around 3 weeks to arrive and the packaging was simple. The moment i unpacked the box i got...
MarkL Mod made EASY! D2000 (possibly for D5000) template! - Page 3post #31 of 563/5/11 at 11:25am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 563/17/11 at 6:13pm
Thanks for the template
I was just about to mod mine but after doing a bit of reading it looks like you should only dampen the earcups and the small bit of the rear driver only on the D2000
Edited by Jonclarke - 3/17/11 at 6:29pmpost #33 of 563/19/11 at 12:59am
Just did a partial mod as per the thread listed by Jonclarke above and previous comments by markl in this thread. My mod involved applying dynamat xtreme to the innermost ring of the rear of the driver, and to the back of the earcup (but not over the gray disk). I'm already using the JMoney ear pads, so I didn't need to do the taper mod. Thanks to coolchu01 for the template - it definitely made things much simpler.
I was a bit concerned that the mod would take away some of the lovely bass impact that the D2000 provides. Thankfully, its still there after the mod, but it seems more controlled now. Overall, a mod well worth doing!post #34 of 564/5/11 at 6:08pm
After trying lots of different combinations, I get the best sound from Stuffed earpads and dynamat extreme on the back of the plastic earcups only, with the gray disc and outer stuffing removed.post #35 of 564/7/11 at 2:18pm
After a couple more days i still have not got the sound i want.
The bass is tight and powerfull and they have great sound stage but i'm finding the cymbals too over powering.
Is there a way to tame down the cymbals?
Edited by Jonclarke - 4/7/11 at 2:21pmpost #36 of 564/9/11 at 6:30ampost #37 of 564/10/11 at 4:01ampost #38 of 565/10/11 at 4:08ampost #39 of 565/10/11 at 10:02ampost #40 of 565/10/11 at 12:34pmpost #41 of 565/15/11 at 3:46ampost #42 of 565/15/11 at 10:32ampost #43 of 565/15/11 at 1:52pm
Ah, I was just about to come upload this... here is another link to the same template.
I've used it to cut out what I needed to dampen the cups and it worked perfectly. Cut out the inner circle so it fits around that gray disk and along the diagonal lines for the screw indentions and I'd recommend doing a dry run and putting the dynamat in before taking the tape off to get an idea of how to best approach the task. It would sure suck to mess up somehow the first time and have sticky stuff all over the place.
EDIT: here are some more links to peruse before going through with the mod:
Edited by enobeuh - 5/15/11 at 1:56pmpost #44 of 569/18/11 at 8:38amThread Starter
:) I'm happy to see that some of the members are still using my template after 3 years! I have just updated the original post with updated download links and revised information.
- MarkL Mod made EASY! D2000 (possibly for D5000) template!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Three Word Story 23 seconds ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Best IEM tips? 3 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA-8 4 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 6 minutes ago
- › CanJam London 2016 (August 13-14, 2016) 8 minutes ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 10 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review 12 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 13 minutes ago
- › Questyle CMA600i "Current Mode Amplification" Headphone... by glassmonkey
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Talai
- › Shure SRH840 by haroldtheboss
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by MrTechAgent
- › Xiaomi Piston Colorful Starter Edition by aNtzE
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - PHANTOM SABRE by FUYU
- › Bluedio Vinyl Plus Luxury Wireless Bluetooth Headphones(Black) by mark2410
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by ostewart
- › Philips Fidelio S2 by Jemuillot
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by ryanjsoo
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...