Thanks, I think I'm going to try to mod today. Hope I don't mess up.
- brandDenontagged by System, 8/3/10
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/3/10
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by System, 8/3/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/3/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/3/10
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone have or able to measure the cup diameter of Denon's quick? Last post on 9/1/10 at 12:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hello! I am having a hard time choosing between Denon 5k and 7k. Last post on 8/26/10 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon owners respond Last post on 8/26/10 at 10:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need advice on new headphones in the $300 range Last post on 8/15/10 at 10:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Should I get the Denon AH D5000? Last post on 6/20/11 at 3:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I have had this amp now for about 6 months, and I very much enjoy the sound. I didn't even bother with the stock tubes, they got tossed in favor of a matched pair of GE 5657's, and I have a pair of...
Rhapsodio Solar Note: The custom in-ear in this review was provided at a discounted rate. Rhapsodio is an up and coming manufacturer of both custom in-ears and custom-like universals....
The sound signature on these can be described as almost "Grado"esque. They have a mid/high forward sound that makes them great for guitar rock. They don't have the harsh treble that is...
DOI: I don't get to listen to new gear a lot so I may not be any use at answering questions about comparisons to anything other than my own stuff (which may or may not be considered esoteric). I...
Greetings Head-fi, Today, we are going to be taking a look at the QKZ W1 Pro. This is a budget-minded, sports-focused, earphone that offers some great value for those looking to purchase...
MarkL Mod made EASY! D2000 (possibly for D5000) template! - Page 3post #31 of 563/5/11 at 11:25am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 563/17/11 at 6:13pm
Thanks for the template
I was just about to mod mine but after doing a bit of reading it looks like you should only dampen the earcups and the small bit of the rear driver only on the D2000
Edited by Jonclarke - 3/17/11 at 6:29pmpost #33 of 563/19/11 at 12:59am
Just did a partial mod as per the thread listed by Jonclarke above and previous comments by markl in this thread. My mod involved applying dynamat xtreme to the innermost ring of the rear of the driver, and to the back of the earcup (but not over the gray disk). I'm already using the JMoney ear pads, so I didn't need to do the taper mod. Thanks to coolchu01 for the template - it definitely made things much simpler.
I was a bit concerned that the mod would take away some of the lovely bass impact that the D2000 provides. Thankfully, its still there after the mod, but it seems more controlled now. Overall, a mod well worth doing!post #34 of 564/5/11 at 6:08pm
After trying lots of different combinations, I get the best sound from Stuffed earpads and dynamat extreme on the back of the plastic earcups only, with the gray disc and outer stuffing removed.post #35 of 564/7/11 at 2:18pm
After a couple more days i still have not got the sound i want.
The bass is tight and powerfull and they have great sound stage but i'm finding the cymbals too over powering.
Is there a way to tame down the cymbals?
Edited by Jonclarke - 4/7/11 at 2:21pmpost #36 of 564/9/11 at 6:30ampost #37 of 564/10/11 at 4:01ampost #38 of 565/10/11 at 4:08ampost #39 of 565/10/11 at 10:02ampost #40 of 565/10/11 at 12:34pmpost #41 of 565/15/11 at 3:46ampost #42 of 565/15/11 at 10:32ampost #43 of 565/15/11 at 1:52pm
Ah, I was just about to come upload this... here is another link to the same template.
I've used it to cut out what I needed to dampen the cups and it worked perfectly. Cut out the inner circle so it fits around that gray disk and along the diagonal lines for the screw indentions and I'd recommend doing a dry run and putting the dynamat in before taking the tape off to get an idea of how to best approach the task. It would sure suck to mess up somehow the first time and have sticky stuff all over the place.
EDIT: here are some more links to peruse before going through with the mod:
Edited by enobeuh - 5/15/11 at 1:56pmpost #44 of 569/18/11 at 8:38amThread Starter
:) I'm happy to see that some of the members are still using my template after 3 years! I have just updated the original post with updated download links and revised information.
- MarkL Mod made EASY! D2000 (possibly for D5000) template!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Cavalli Liquid Glass vs Audio-GD Master 9. 20 seconds ago
- › The Upcoming FiiO T3 | Dual SD slot | 3.2 inch full touch screen |... 30 seconds ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (Basshead IEM's) 1 minute ago
- › [WTB] Mr Speakers Ether C 2 minutes ago
- › MusicMaker TK12 Appreciation / Impressions Thread Dual BA and DD... 2 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW ATH-CKS1100 first look by Jant71. PG 2066. 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 17th, 2016) 2 minutes ago
- › NEW: Tralucent Audio Plus5 BA IEM 3 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 4 minutes ago
- › The top bang-for-the-buck earbuds from FiiO,EM3 review recruitment... 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by RedJohn456
- › Little Dot I+ by Shasari
- › Rhapsodio Solar by shotgunshane
- › Superlux HD-660 by Wiljen
- › ACS T1 by Docjitters
- › QKZ W1 Pro - In-ear sport headphone by B9Scrambler
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mechgamer123
- › Dunu TITAN 5 by mark2410
- › FiiO AM5 - High Power Amplifier Module for X7 by Brooko
- › Brainwavz Truss - The All Metal Under Desk Dual Headphone Hanger... by Wokei
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse