Thanks, I think I'm going to try to mod today. Hope I don't mess up.
- itemDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over Ear Headphones
- itemDenon AH D5000 Reference Headphones
- categoryOver Ear
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone have or able to measure the cup diameter of Denon's quick? Last post on 9/1/10 at 12:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hello! I am having a hard time choosing between Denon 5k and 7k. Last post on 8/26/10 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon owners respond Last post on 8/26/10 at 10:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need advice on new headphones in the $300 range Last post on 8/15/10 at 10:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Should I get the Denon AH D5000? Last post on 6/20/11 at 3:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Edited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaEdited on 1/6/13
I used this amp mainly with a pair of HD 650 and it does what it is supposed to do: it has way more power than I need, it's quiet and it makes everything sound in its place. I have never heard...
I bought these headphones just for the fun of it, to see how they sound with all that apparently amazing bass. Well, for $50, they're ok sounding for extra bass headphones. They do have a...
Bought it some time ago, based on user reviews. Straight out of the box it seemed huge, especially compared to my old Cowon D2. Also, sound was awful. Granted, I don't have large hi-fi cans, only...
Along with the summary below, I have posted a Youtube video review of the ATH-CKN70. If you like the video, check out my channel for more reviews :) Summary BUILD The...
Introduction I’m a basshead. I say that loudly and proudly, even though some folks believe basshead and audiophile are mutually exclusive. Obviously, I’m not in that camp. But sometimes, I...
MarkL Mod made EASY! D2000 (possibly for D5000) template! - Page 3post #31 of 553/5/11 at 11:25am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 553/17/11 at 6:13pm
Thanks for the template
I was just about to mod mine but after doing a bit of reading it looks like you should only dampen the earcups and the small bit of the rear driver only on the D2000
Edited by Jonclarke - 3/17/11 at 6:29pmpost #33 of 553/19/11 at 12:59am
Just did a partial mod as per the thread listed by Jonclarke above and previous comments by markl in this thread. My mod involved applying dynamat xtreme to the innermost ring of the rear of the driver, and to the back of the earcup (but not over the gray disk). I'm already using the JMoney ear pads, so I didn't need to do the taper mod. Thanks to coolchu01 for the template - it definitely made things much simpler.
I was a bit concerned that the mod would take away some of the lovely bass impact that the D2000 provides. Thankfully, its still there after the mod, but it seems more controlled now. Overall, a mod well worth doing!post #34 of 554/5/11 at 6:08pm
After trying lots of different combinations, I get the best sound from Stuffed earpads and dynamat extreme on the back of the plastic earcups only, with the gray disc and outer stuffing removed.post #35 of 554/7/11 at 2:18pm
After a couple more days i still have not got the sound i want.
The bass is tight and powerfull and they have great sound stage but i'm finding the cymbals too over powering.
Is there a way to tame down the cymbals?
Edited by Jonclarke - 4/7/11 at 2:21pmpost #36 of 554/9/11 at 6:30ampost #37 of 554/10/11 at 4:01ampost #38 of 555/10/11 at 4:08ampost #39 of 555/10/11 at 10:02ampost #40 of 555/10/11 at 12:34pmpost #41 of 555/15/11 at 3:46ampost #42 of 555/15/11 at 10:32ampost #43 of 555/15/11 at 1:52pm
Ah, I was just about to come upload this... here is another link to the same template.
I've used it to cut out what I needed to dampen the cups and it worked perfectly. Cut out the inner circle so it fits around that gray disk and along the diagonal lines for the screw indentions and I'd recommend doing a dry run and putting the dynamat in before taking the tape off to get an idea of how to best approach the task. It would sure suck to mess up somehow the first time and have sticky stuff all over the place.
EDIT: here are some more links to peruse before going through with the mod:
Edited by enobeuh - 5/15/11 at 1:56pmpost #44 of 559/18/11 at 8:38amThread Starter
:) I'm happy to see that some of the members are still using my template after 3 years! I have just updated the original post with updated download links and revised information.
- MarkL Mod made EASY! D2000 (possibly for D5000) template!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › IC: Melbourne Meet Probably 2/6/13 3 seconds ago
- › T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread 18 seconds ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 1 minute ago
- › What next from SRH440? Require more bass and possible amp in the... 1 minute ago
- › My iem just broke and need a replacement... 2 minutes ago
- › Squeezebox Touch Equivalent 3 minutes ago
- › Alessandro Music Series MS1 FAN CLUB! 3 minutes ago
- › Is there an audible difference between HD and CD quality? 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 5 minutes ago
- › Logitech ue 6000, Monster Inspiration or V-Moda crossfade Lp2? 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Valhalla by Rem0o
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by derbigpr
- › Colorfly Pocket Hi-fi C4 by yxmees
- › audio-technica Premium Compact Inner Ear Headphones ATH-CKN70 Black... by a_recording
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by TheGame21x
- › Monoprice 8320 IEM by Taharqa
- › Fanmusic MS-E1011 by ItsMeHere
- › Audio-gd NFB-5 by citadel
- › HE-5LE by JamesHuntington
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe