Thanks, I think I'm going to try to mod today. Hope I don't mess up.
- brandDenontagged by System, 8/3/10
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/3/10
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by System, 8/3/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/3/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/3/10
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone have or able to measure the cup diameter of Denon's quick? Last post on 9/1/10 at 12:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hello! I am having a hard time choosing between Denon 5k and 7k. Last post on 8/26/10 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon owners respond Last post on 8/26/10 at 10:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need advice on new headphones in the $300 range Last post on 8/15/10 at 10:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Should I get the Denon AH D5000? Last post on 6/20/11 at 3:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Bought these after receiving the Massdrop HE-350s which were just too treble-forward for my taste. I listen to a lot of music when at work. Desk space is limited, so I can't justify running an...
When i first got the Cayin iHA-6 and iDAC-6 combo and paired it with my HD800S, i wasn't too thrilled. Compared to my previous HDVD800, there was more detail present from the dac, but it came with...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I can remember when I first joined Head-Fi, I started with some pretty cheap gear, and I...
At the time this review was written, the TFZ Series 3 was listed for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Background: I own Sennheiser HD600 and Fiio X3II. I love HD600 because it is comfortable and also works well for my classical music and vocal music. But it doesn't play well with any pop music...
MarkL Mod made EASY! D2000 (possibly for D5000) template! - Page 3post #31 of 563/5/11 at 11:25am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 563/17/11 at 6:13pm
Thanks for the template
I was just about to mod mine but after doing a bit of reading it looks like you should only dampen the earcups and the small bit of the rear driver only on the D2000
Edited by Jonclarke - 3/17/11 at 6:29pmpost #33 of 563/19/11 at 12:59am
Just did a partial mod as per the thread listed by Jonclarke above and previous comments by markl in this thread. My mod involved applying dynamat xtreme to the innermost ring of the rear of the driver, and to the back of the earcup (but not over the gray disk). I'm already using the JMoney ear pads, so I didn't need to do the taper mod. Thanks to coolchu01 for the template - it definitely made things much simpler.
I was a bit concerned that the mod would take away some of the lovely bass impact that the D2000 provides. Thankfully, its still there after the mod, but it seems more controlled now. Overall, a mod well worth doing!post #34 of 564/5/11 at 6:08pm
After trying lots of different combinations, I get the best sound from Stuffed earpads and dynamat extreme on the back of the plastic earcups only, with the gray disc and outer stuffing removed.post #35 of 564/7/11 at 2:18pm
After a couple more days i still have not got the sound i want.
The bass is tight and powerfull and they have great sound stage but i'm finding the cymbals too over powering.
Is there a way to tame down the cymbals?
Edited by Jonclarke - 4/7/11 at 2:21pmpost #36 of 564/9/11 at 6:30ampost #37 of 564/10/11 at 4:01ampost #38 of 565/10/11 at 4:08ampost #39 of 565/10/11 at 10:02ampost #40 of 565/10/11 at 12:34pmpost #41 of 565/15/11 at 3:46ampost #42 of 565/15/11 at 10:32ampost #43 of 565/15/11 at 1:52pm
Ah, I was just about to come upload this... here is another link to the same template.
I've used it to cut out what I needed to dampen the cups and it worked perfectly. Cut out the inner circle so it fits around that gray disk and along the diagonal lines for the screw indentions and I'd recommend doing a dry run and putting the dynamat in before taking the tape off to get an idea of how to best approach the task. It would sure suck to mess up somehow the first time and have sticky stuff all over the place.
EDIT: here are some more links to peruse before going through with the mod:
Edited by enobeuh - 5/15/11 at 1:56pmpost #44 of 569/18/11 at 8:38amThread Starter
:) I'm happy to see that some of the members are still using my template after 3 years! I have just updated the original post with updated download links and revised information.
- MarkL Mod made EASY! D2000 (possibly for D5000) template!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 1 minute ago
- › What do you think of the AKM VERITA AK4490 DAC chip? 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 3 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 6 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 6 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 6 minutes ago
- › What the $^&# heck is it?.........iFi iEMatch! 7 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 7 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 8 minutes ago
- › Philips SHP9500 by MaximumEnnui
- › Cayin iDAC-6 by EvenR
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Brooko
- › The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) Series 3 Hifi Earphones by Hisoundfi
- › Bowers & Wilkins P3 by foobar2015
- › "PETEREK (Verbessen)" by Hawaiibadboy
- › FiiO AM2 - Medium Power Amplifier Module for X7 by howdy
- › DiDiT DAC212 by Runningwater
- › Soundaware Esther by FUYU
- › Edifier R1700BT Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Active Near-field... by ryanjsoo
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...