Thanks, I think I'm going to try to mod today. Hope I don't mess up.
- brandDenontagged by System, 8/3/10
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/3/10
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by System, 8/3/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/3/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/3/10
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone have or able to measure the cup diameter of Denon's quick? Last post on 9/1/10 at 12:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hello! I am having a hard time choosing between Denon 5k and 7k. Last post on 8/26/10 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon owners respond Last post on 8/26/10 at 10:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need advice on new headphones in the $300 range Last post on 8/15/10 at 10:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Should I get the Denon AH D5000? Last post on 6/20/11 at 3:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Shozy has kindly provided me a review unit in exchange for the honest opinion. They are in active use for about 6 months. I should first note that my experience with IEM is a bit limited by now, so...
INTRODUCTION: I would like to thank @Jack Vang of Empire Ears, for the discount on my purchase of the Zeus-XIV-ADEL Custom IEM and for giving me the opportunity to review the IEM. I would also...
This is by far the closest I have come to writing a 5 star review. Of course to get that, I would have to find the holy grail of headphones for me. I had tried the HD558, HD598, HD650, and...
These are *fantastic* for the price. Compared side by side to some old Sennheiser MX500s, that cost at least 4x as much, the Monk+ absolutely wipes the floor - they are hugely superior. Warm...
Acknowledgment Thanks, @Andykong at Cayin, and @Takeanidea for organizing the UK wing of the worldwide extravaganza of i5 tour. It is always an honour to work with great companies and dear...
MarkL Mod made EASY! D2000 (possibly for D5000) template! - Page 3post #31 of 563/5/11 at 11:25am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 563/17/11 at 6:13pm
Thanks for the template
I was just about to mod mine but after doing a bit of reading it looks like you should only dampen the earcups and the small bit of the rear driver only on the D2000
Edited by Jonclarke - 3/17/11 at 6:29pmpost #33 of 563/19/11 at 12:59am
Just did a partial mod as per the thread listed by Jonclarke above and previous comments by markl in this thread. My mod involved applying dynamat xtreme to the innermost ring of the rear of the driver, and to the back of the earcup (but not over the gray disk). I'm already using the JMoney ear pads, so I didn't need to do the taper mod. Thanks to coolchu01 for the template - it definitely made things much simpler.
I was a bit concerned that the mod would take away some of the lovely bass impact that the D2000 provides. Thankfully, its still there after the mod, but it seems more controlled now. Overall, a mod well worth doing!post #34 of 564/5/11 at 6:08pm
After trying lots of different combinations, I get the best sound from Stuffed earpads and dynamat extreme on the back of the plastic earcups only, with the gray disc and outer stuffing removed.post #35 of 564/7/11 at 2:18pm
After a couple more days i still have not got the sound i want.
The bass is tight and powerfull and they have great sound stage but i'm finding the cymbals too over powering.
Is there a way to tame down the cymbals?
Edited by Jonclarke - 4/7/11 at 2:21pmpost #36 of 564/9/11 at 6:30ampost #37 of 564/10/11 at 4:01ampost #38 of 565/10/11 at 4:08ampost #39 of 565/10/11 at 10:02ampost #40 of 565/10/11 at 12:34pmpost #41 of 565/15/11 at 3:46ampost #42 of 565/15/11 at 10:32ampost #43 of 565/15/11 at 1:52pm
Ah, I was just about to come upload this... here is another link to the same template.
I've used it to cut out what I needed to dampen the cups and it worked perfectly. Cut out the inner circle so it fits around that gray disk and along the diagonal lines for the screw indentions and I'd recommend doing a dry run and putting the dynamat in before taking the tape off to get an idea of how to best approach the task. It would sure suck to mess up somehow the first time and have sticky stuff all over the place.
EDIT: here are some more links to peruse before going through with the mod:
Edited by enobeuh - 5/15/11 at 1:56pmpost #44 of 569/18/11 at 8:38amThread Starter
:) I'm happy to see that some of the members are still using my template after 3 years! I have just updated the original post with updated download links and revised information.
- MarkL Mod made EASY! D2000 (possibly for D5000) template!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 18 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › vibro veritas, measuring our IEMs like a pro with amateur budget. 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar... 3 minutes ago
- › ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF 3 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio Micro iTube2 Buffer 4 minutes ago
- › iFi products Discussion Thread iTUBE will be out soon!! 4 minutes ago
- › Classical music discussion, what do you like? 4 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 5 minutes ago
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mgunin
- › Empire Ears Zeus by EagleWings
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by snapacap
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by spronkey
- › Cayin i5 by glassmonkey
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by cleg
- › qdc Balanced armature type (BA type) 3SH （QDC-4024） by prismstorm
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Denon AH-D600 by theminstrel
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear