Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XII]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XII] - Page 10  

post #136 of 1113
Haha... That's most definately not the stock cable on the ESW9. Isn't that the APS cable? Not the portable one, but the full size? Madness...
post #137 of 1113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheers View Post
You must have very big pockets.
post #138 of 1113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Than View Post
Haha... That's most definately not the stock cable on the ESW9. Isn't that the APS cable? Not the portable one, but the full size? Madness...

Yep that's 5' of APS V3 cable. The phones only gets used in this travel rig so true portability was not important. It still fits nicely in the AT hardshell travel box and it sure did improve the sound. I originally thought the were a bit sibilant and had a strange echo to the sound but all that went away after recable and the whole sound is fuller and gutsier without sacrificing any refinement. Wit this cable they are a good step towards the L3000 and the Sony plus D1 going optical really is a very good rig for it's size and price.
post #139 of 1113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheers View Post
It really doesn't get any sweeter then this.



LOL.

I hope you guys did not take me serious on this.

I will post actual pictures of my true portable later on.
post #140 of 1113
Alright, this is my final portable (hey, as well as home listening ) setup:


post #141 of 1113
All black, i like it. But isn't the predator a bit overkill for the PK1?
post #142 of 1113

ipod classic 80gb -> diy lod -> pico -> im716
post #143 of 1113
Clean looking Tj
post #144 of 1113
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-man View Post
All black, i like it. But isn't the predator a bit overkill for the PK1?
Thanks Call this my "stealth" setup, mainly because the PK1 don't look like anything... hehe

The Predator tightens up the bass and the highs a lot and gives a bit bigger soundstage (which the PK1 already has plenty of).

However, it's definitely not necessary, the US version of the Classic has enough power out of the headphone plug for the PK1s.
post #145 of 1113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Assorted View Post
My main going out rig, Kenwood HD30GB9 connected to a HeadAmp Pico, listened through the Sennheiser MXW1.
I don't get it. What is the bonus of connecting 2 amps in succession? Because the Sennheiser houses it's own amp's in each earpiece and the sender has probably a high input impedance, so it would work nicely straight out of the iPod. So loosing the pico would make it much compacter.
post #146 of 1113
I agree with Jelle. I don't see the use of the Pico in that setup.

Do you notice any difference in seing the setup with the pico and without the pico?
If so, the pico would be able to manipulate the signal before the sender digitalises it and sends the digital signal to the earpieces.

Rgds
post #147 of 1113
my sony nwz-a728 in white... would have liked a 16gb, but couldnt find one in white
paired with my sennheiser cx500's..... how do i upload a bigger image here from imageshack? like the above pic for example? dont know which link to use once i upload it.



post #148 of 1113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelle Schrijver View Post
I don't get it. What is the bonus of connecting 2 amps in succession? Because the Sennheiser houses it's own amp's in each earpiece and the sender has probably a high input impedance, so it would work nicely straight out of the iPod. So loosing the pico would make it much compacter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricthaman View Post
I agree with Jelle. I don't see the use of the Pico in that setup.

Do you notice any difference in seing the setup with the pico and without the pico?
If so, the pico would be able to manipulate the signal before the sender digitalises it and sends the digital signal to the earpieces.

Rgds
It's the same logic with "double amping", but for my purpose it doesn't amp the headphones better, but it improves on the input feed, to make it sound just a little more crisp, and improving imaging a little more (emphasis little).

I could put it this way: would the MXW1 sound better with the wireless transmitter plugged into an iPod, or into a line level signal from an audiophile dac?
post #149 of 1113
Quote:
Originally Posted by nc8000 View Post
Yep that's 5' of APS V3 cable. The phones only gets used in this travel rig so true portability was not important. It still fits nicely in the AT hardshell travel box and it sure did improve the sound. I originally thought the were a bit sibilant and had a strange echo to the sound but all that went away after recable and the whole sound is fuller and gutsier without sacrificing any refinement. Wit this cable they are a good step towards the L3000 and the Sony plus D1 going optical really is a very good rig for it's size and price.
Sounds good. I'll probably get the portable recable for mine at some point, since I think I'll be hanging on to them for a very long time. I don't really find them sibilant though. Well, not compared to my Ultrasones...

Glad you like it. Hope you never have to try and sell it with that beast of a cable on it.
post #150 of 1113
Quote:
Originally Posted by ads1107 View Post
how do i upload a bigger image here from imageshack? like the above pic for example? dont know which link to use once i upload it.
In your case, I don't see why you should make that picture bigger. It looks good and pretty detailed as is. It also depends on how big you have your camera set to take pictures. The size you have now is good.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XII]