Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread! - Page 298

post #4456 of 4467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohb View Post
 


I had the pleather HM5 ones on mine. Glued it on the plastic ring so the angle was same as Sennie (ergonomic to ear) .

Like the look of TH-600 pads though.:L3000:

Ah I see. You couldn't get the ring inside the HM5? I know for a fact you can get Hifiman pads onto the ring, so those pleathers might be a good option. I have a woodied D2k here that has Hifiman velours on them.

post #4457 of 4467
Quote:
Originally Posted by cCasper TFG View Post
 

Ah I see. You couldn't get the ring inside the HM5? I know for a fact you can get Hifiman pads onto the ring, so those pleathers might be a good option. I have a woodied D2k here that has Hifiman velours on them.


Think I tried and could not got it over the white ring, but that was before the oil tip on T50 thread showed up for getting the HM5 on tighter cans/rings.

post #4458 of 4467

I have a pair of Martin Custom Audio Cocobolo Rosewood cups for sale off my original D2000.  Got a new pair with Bubinga cups that I'm keeping. 

 

Have been told they are usable for the D5/D7K with a minor mod.  Does anyone know the change needed? 

post #4459 of 4467
Does anyone have a pair of broken D2000 that they would be willing to sell? It doesn't matter if the drivers are blown or the cable is hacked off, I basically need the headband assembly in pretty much any condition and the baffles of the drivers.
post #4460 of 4467

I have a woodied D2K for sale in the classifieds for $350 if anyone is interested.

post #4461 of 4467

Any good comparisons between the TH600 and the D5000? Preferences? 

post #4462 of 4467

Was willing to pay a hefty amount for a like new TH900, but the seller was very tentative and responded as and when he'd felt like it. Gave up and directed my attention towards a pair of HiFiMan HE500 + Audeze Q Cable w/HiFiman adapters, and a pair of Denon AH-D2000......will get them in a couple of days or so. I don't have a close dynamic in my collection, so the D2000 would complete it.

post #4463 of 4467
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey1964 View Post

Was willing to pay a hefty amount for a like new TH900, but the seller was very tentative and responded as and when he'd felt like it. Gave up and directed my attention towards a pair of HiFiMan HE500 + Audeze Q Cable w/HiFiman adapters, and a pair of Denon AH-D2000......will get them in a couple of days or so. I don't have a close dynamic in my collection, so the D2000 would complete it.

Fwiw I consolidated my he-500 and d2000 for a th600.
post #4464 of 4467
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey1964 View Post
 

Was willing to pay a hefty amount for a like new TH900, but the seller was very tentative and responded as and when he'd felt like it. Gave up and directed my attention towards a pair of HiFiMan HE500 + Audeze Q Cable w/HiFiman adapters, and a pair of Denon AH-D2000......will get them in a couple of days or so. I don't have a close dynamic in my collection, so the D2000 would complete it.

 

 

I hope you are not expecting isolation.  :blink:

post #4465 of 4467
Yeah, consider these headphones semi-closed.
post #4466 of 4467
Quote:
Originally Posted by cCasper TFG View Post

Yeah, consider these headphones semi-closed.

 

 

That's too optimistic...like a glass half-full kinda thing....when the glass is actually almost empty.  :tongue:

 

I'm sure he will like how they sound.  He now has a good one-two punch with the purchase of the D2000 and the HE500. 

post #4467 of 4467
Quote:
Originally Posted by thug behram View Post


Fwiw I consolidated my he-500 and d2000 for a th600.


Do feel the th600 is an upgrade to the D2000, or just a sidegrade?


Edited by elvergun - Today at 8:02 pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread!