Oregonian, I also have a STOCK D5000 to arrive this Wednesday. No joke. Enjoy, my friend!
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandDenontagged by System, 5/24/10
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 5/24/10
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by System, 5/24/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/12/10
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for new bass headphones Last post on 7/30/12 at 9:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed headphones? Last post on 5/29/12 at 10:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cost VS. SQ Improvement Last post on 9/18/11 at 12:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hello! I am having a hard time choosing between Denon 5k and 7k. Last post on 8/26/10 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon owners respond Last post on 8/26/10 at 10:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
These headphones sound very precise and balanced. You will hear your music as it was recorded, mixed, and mastered which is the approach I prefer to trying to find headphones that try to EQ things...
Whereas I am also an old school hard-core vinyl aficionado, I (luckily) jumped the digital high-res train early enough to nowadays be equipped with the most necessary hard- and software to be able...
My comprehensive review of the Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones BURN-IN TIME - Took about 3-4 days to burn in so maybe 12 or so hours for me Upon receiving these as a gift for my birthday (so I...
Some Background: I’m currently 18 years old which as little as that matters to me seems to be interesting to many people in this community. I’ve always liked music and sound equipment but I...
Brace yourself... Pardon any grammatical errors please as this is one of my longer reviews. Some Background: I’m currently 18 years old which as little as that matters to me seems to be...
Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread! - Page 262post #3916 of 43706/30/14 at 9:01pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3917 of 43706/30/14 at 9:13pmpost #3918 of 43706/30/14 at 9:39pm
LOL. Going to see if I can get my D2k plastic cups treated with Urushi lacquer like TH-900's (well, minus the gold and platinum leaf) .
I think if the cups are sanded up on the outside it will provide a "key" for the lacquer to grip.
Edited by Lohb - 6/30/14 at 9:42pmpost #3919 of 43707/1/14 at 6:17ampost #3920 of 43707/1/14 at 6:52am
the D2k is getting some listening time, Deep Ambient Tech really does sound better with the D2k, anything with a real mellow slow bass line works nicely for the D2k, the HE 4 while FASTER HARDER AND SCARIER, doesn't really have the mellow laid back groove of the D2k for Deep Tech and Ambientpost #3921 of 43707/2/14 at 9:02pmpost #3922 of 43707/2/14 at 9:28pmQuote:
D5k and Th-900, which one is better all-round in your opinion ?post #3923 of 43707/2/14 at 9:33pm
I think Denon is the better all rounder. I find it more comfortable and a warmer buttery sound that just makes me happy.
D2000 isn't a lagger either, D5000 just feels like the upgrade from it (maybe 20% better) Mainly, mids sound less recessed to me in D5000.
Edited by TWerk - 7/2/14 at 9:35pmpost #3924 of 43707/2/14 at 9:34pmQuote:
I love the Denon sound. Got my stock D5000 in today as well. My D2000 is at work so can't A/B the two but seems the Lawton mods make a real difference. More to come.post #3925 of 43707/2/14 at 9:36pmQuote:
That is amazing with the price difference. Who the heck tunes the cans for Fostex TH series is what I want to know !
I bet they never even compared the Denon/Fostex graphs during production.post #3926 of 43707/2/14 at 9:40pmQuote:
Just my opinion though. I know many people will disagree with me. I'm also a fan of the PRO 900 which some just despise.
Despite it all, Denon AHD line has to be my favorite of all I've tried. They are just musical, sound great unamped or amped, are super comfortable, and provide a good soundstage. They do so much right. I like the looser bass they provide. TH-900 has tighter bass, but I actually like the looser sounding bass.
Edited by TWerk - 7/2/14 at 9:42pmpost #3927 of 43707/6/14 at 7:02pmpost #3928 of 43707/6/14 at 7:55pmQuote:
I just put the new deeper HM5 memory foam pads on my ones. They are oval though, unless you bond them in a circular position on the retaining ring but they will still be shy 0.5 cm round the white ring.
I left them oval and orientated them to the cable entry port below. For me the ear hole is perfect and I suede-topped them.
They are sub-$25 with free shipping and my biggish ears do not touch the driver and fit inside just perfect.
Edited by Lohb - 7/7/14 at 5:45ampost #3929 of 43707/7/14 at 7:03amQuote:post #3930 of 43707/7/14 at 12:24pmQuote:
LOL..............I sent him that link this morning. I'm running them on my D2000 and for $38 quite impressed. Hard to discern a difference to the Lawton angles pads at double the price.
- Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Any recommended headphone stores in Philadelphia/South Jersey? 10 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 19 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice 1 minute ago
- › The Schiitstorm: Next-Gen Magni 2 and Modi 2 Family! 1 minute ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 2 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 80Ω (free shipping w/ tracking) 2 minutes ago
- › RCA NOS 245 matched pair tubes(price dropped) 3 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 3 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 3 minutes ago
- › Damage possible from software equalizer? 3 minutes ago
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Pacal
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by musikaladin
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by Galvatron
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player (Red) by Mitchell4500
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by Mitchell4500
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by dreamwhisper
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by ahunatu
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by Loquah
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by bkyoung
- › Superlux HD-631 by Sharingan
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)