Oregonian, I also have a STOCK D5000 to arrive this Wednesday. No joke. Enjoy, my friend!
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandDenontagged by System, 5/24/10
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 5/24/10
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by System, 5/24/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/12/10
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for new bass headphones Last post on 7/30/12 at 9:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed headphones? Last post on 5/29/12 at 10:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cost VS. SQ Improvement Last post on 9/18/11 at 12:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hello! I am having a hard time choosing between Denon 5k and 7k. Last post on 8/26/10 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon owners respond Last post on 8/26/10 at 10:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
You got a budget? You want Bluetooth Earphones? Buy the Qy7. Simple. Done. Easy. There is a little more to it though. Important features is the V4.1 Bluetooth connection, this...
What is Cozoy Aegis?: Did you remember Cozoy Astrapi DAC/AMP? Well this is the brother of it Aegis (right) Aegis (left) and Astrapi (right) Cozoy Aegis is a...
You probably already know OPPO as a smartphone brand, but the company called OPPO Digital isn’t exactly the same. It is the American sister company of the Chinese smartphone company, and its main...
Design/durability: The earpiece seems very durable, although there are some light finish issues. The braided cable is one of the best in the industry: there are barely any microphonics, it feels...
They sound better than anything I've heard at this price point. I use these earbuds with my iPod Nano every day. The one thing that makes these things annoying as crap is the stupid cable that gets...
Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread! - Page 262post #3916 of 46446/30/14 at 9:01pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3917 of 46446/30/14 at 9:13pmpost #3918 of 46446/30/14 at 9:39pm
LOL. Going to see if I can get my D2k plastic cups treated with Urushi lacquer like TH-900's (well, minus the gold and platinum leaf) .
I think if the cups are sanded up on the outside it will provide a "key" for the lacquer to grip.
Edited by Lohb - 6/30/14 at 9:42pmpost #3919 of 46447/1/14 at 6:17ampost #3920 of 46447/1/14 at 6:52am
the D2k is getting some listening time, Deep Ambient Tech really does sound better with the D2k, anything with a real mellow slow bass line works nicely for the D2k, the HE 4 while FASTER HARDER AND SCARIER, doesn't really have the mellow laid back groove of the D2k for Deep Tech and Ambientpost #3921 of 46447/2/14 at 9:02pmpost #3922 of 46447/2/14 at 9:28pmQuote:
D5k and Th-900, which one is better all-round in your opinion ?post #3923 of 46447/2/14 at 9:33pm
I think Denon is the better all rounder. I find it more comfortable and a warmer buttery sound that just makes me happy.
D2000 isn't a lagger either, D5000 just feels like the upgrade from it (maybe 20% better) Mainly, mids sound less recessed to me in D5000.
Edited by TWerk - 7/2/14 at 9:35pmpost #3924 of 46447/2/14 at 9:34pmQuote:
I love the Denon sound. Got my stock D5000 in today as well. My D2000 is at work so can't A/B the two but seems the Lawton mods make a real difference. More to come.post #3925 of 46447/2/14 at 9:36pmQuote:
That is amazing with the price difference. Who the heck tunes the cans for Fostex TH series is what I want to know !
I bet they never even compared the Denon/Fostex graphs during production.post #3926 of 46447/2/14 at 9:40pmQuote:
Just my opinion though. I know many people will disagree with me. I'm also a fan of the PRO 900 which some just despise.
Despite it all, Denon AHD line has to be my favorite of all I've tried. They are just musical, sound great unamped or amped, are super comfortable, and provide a good soundstage. They do so much right. I like the looser bass they provide. TH-900 has tighter bass, but I actually like the looser sounding bass.
Edited by TWerk - 7/2/14 at 9:42pmpost #3927 of 46447/6/14 at 7:02pmpost #3928 of 46447/6/14 at 7:55pmQuote:
I just put the new deeper HM5 memory foam pads on my ones. They are oval though, unless you bond them in a circular position on the retaining ring but they will still be shy 0.5 cm round the white ring.
I left them oval and orientated them to the cable entry port below. For me the ear hole is perfect and I suede-topped them.
They are sub-$25 with free shipping and my biggish ears do not touch the driver and fit inside just perfect.
Edited by Lohb - 7/7/14 at 5:45ampost #3929 of 46447/7/14 at 7:03amQuote:post #3930 of 46447/7/14 at 12:24pmQuote:
LOL..............I sent him that link this morning. I'm running them on my D2000 and for $38 quite impressed. Hard to discern a difference to the Lawton angles pads at double the price.
- Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 3 seconds ago
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › ENIGMAcoustics Dharma 5 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 5 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 5 minutes ago
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by BloodyPenguin
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by Baycode
- › OPPO HA-2 by ClieOS
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by Mediahound
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2