Oregonian, I also have a STOCK D5000 to arrive this Wednesday. No joke. Enjoy, my friend!
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandDenontagged by System, 5/24/10
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 5/24/10
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by System, 5/24/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/12/10
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for new bass headphones Last post on 7/30/12 at 9:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed headphones? Last post on 5/29/12 at 10:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cost VS. SQ Improvement Last post on 9/18/11 at 12:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hello! I am having a hard time choosing between Denon 5k and 7k. Last post on 8/26/10 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon owners respond Last post on 8/26/10 at 10:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I have had 2 pairs and both have stopped working, these aren't professional headphones and I'd stay away from them if you want to keep them longer than a year of professional use. Spend your...
just want to order one and will try the reviews once get it FBA seems be fast waiting
I have 50 hours active listening and another 150 passive/occasional on these. Equipment: Ragnarok, Gungnir, Sony CD 5 CD tray, Senn HD-600 set up for balanced Listen to Yes ('15 Remix,...
At the time this review was written the FLC 8S was listed for sale on Amazon and Musicteck’s website. Here are links for more information and purchase....
The review you are about to read is very personal and contains details some might find boring or unimportant. You have been warned. My personal search for a great headphone began with a love...
Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread! - Page 262post #3916 of 50016/30/14 at 9:01pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3917 of 50016/30/14 at 9:13pmpost #3918 of 50016/30/14 at 9:39pm
LOL. Going to see if I can get my D2k plastic cups treated with Urushi lacquer like TH-900's (well, minus the gold and platinum leaf) .
I think if the cups are sanded up on the outside it will provide a "key" for the lacquer to grip.
Edited by Lohb - 6/30/14 at 9:42pmpost #3919 of 50017/1/14 at 6:17ampost #3920 of 50017/1/14 at 6:52am
the D2k is getting some listening time, Deep Ambient Tech really does sound better with the D2k, anything with a real mellow slow bass line works nicely for the D2k, the HE 4 while FASTER HARDER AND SCARIER, doesn't really have the mellow laid back groove of the D2k for Deep Tech and Ambientpost #3921 of 50017/2/14 at 9:02pmpost #3922 of 50017/2/14 at 9:28pmpost #3923 of 50017/2/14 at 9:33pm
I think Denon is the better all rounder. I find it more comfortable and a warmer buttery sound that just makes me happy.
D2000 isn't a lagger either, D5000 just feels like the upgrade from it (maybe 20% better) Mainly, mids sound less recessed to me in D5000.
Edited by TWerk - 7/2/14 at 9:35pmpost #3924 of 50017/2/14 at 9:34pmQuote:
I love the Denon sound. Got my stock D5000 in today as well. My D2000 is at work so can't A/B the two but seems the Lawton mods make a real difference. More to come.post #3925 of 50017/2/14 at 9:36pmQuote:
That is amazing with the price difference. Who the heck tunes the cans for Fostex TH series is what I want to know !
I bet they never even compared the Denon/Fostex graphs during production.post #3926 of 50017/2/14 at 9:40pmQuote:
Just my opinion though. I know many people will disagree with me. I'm also a fan of the PRO 900 which some just despise.
Despite it all, Denon AHD line has to be my favorite of all I've tried. They are just musical, sound great unamped or amped, are super comfortable, and provide a good soundstage. They do so much right. I like the looser bass they provide. TH-900 has tighter bass, but I actually like the looser sounding bass.
Edited by TWerk - 7/2/14 at 9:42pmpost #3927 of 50017/6/14 at 7:02pmpost #3928 of 50017/6/14 at 7:55pmQuote:
I just put the new deeper HM5 memory foam pads on my ones. They are oval though, unless you bond them in a circular position on the retaining ring but they will still be shy 0.5 cm round the white ring.
I left them oval and orientated them to the cable entry port below. For me the ear hole is perfect and I suede-topped them.
They are sub-$25 with free shipping and my biggish ears do not touch the driver and fit inside just perfect.
Edited by Lohb - 7/7/14 at 5:45ampost #3929 of 50017/7/14 at 7:03amQuote:post #3930 of 50017/7/14 at 12:24pmQuote:
LOL..............I sent him that link this morning. I'm running them on my D2000 and for $38 quite impressed. Hard to discern a difference to the Lawton angles pads at double the price.
- Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 56 seconds ago
- › New Release----Mixcder Wired Earbuds X5 Tests and Reviews Start now 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing... 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 5 minutes ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 6 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 7 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 7 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-XB950BT Bluetooth headphones 8 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH840 by Russell Folland
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by Hisoundfi
- › Meze 99 Classics by dany111777
- › SONY Walkman A series NW-A35 (R) (16GB) (Sina bar Red) by meringo
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by Ike1985
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by B9Scrambler
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Cs by peaches
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear