Oregonian, I also have a STOCK D5000 to arrive this Wednesday. No joke. Enjoy, my friend!
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandDenontagged by System, 5/24/10
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 5/24/10
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by System, 5/24/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/12/10
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for new bass headphones Last post on 7/30/12 at 9:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed headphones? Last post on 5/29/12 at 10:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cost VS. SQ Improvement Last post on 9/18/11 at 12:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hello! I am having a hard time choosing between Denon 5k and 7k. Last post on 8/26/10 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon owners respond Last post on 8/26/10 at 10:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Me: am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I bought these on Geekbuying after a considerable price drop to about $16 USD. Having missed out on the hype for the Piston 2, I decided to pick up the Piston 3 instead. The other bang-for-buck IEM...
My WA5-LE is by far the most expensive component in my system, but I can see why. The moment I un-packaged this very heavy piece of kit, I could tell I was in for a ride. By size alone it...
INTRODUCTION Being a fan of the RHA MA750 (RHA's first flagship IEM), I was quite excited to hear when RHA released the T10i. The new stainless shells, novel "memory wire" implementation,...
Microsoft Lumia 435 Quick Review Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/773374/microsoft-lumia-435-review-by-mark2410 Brief: An insanely cheap wonder device. Price: £30 payg or...
Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread! - Page 262post #3916 of 45936/30/14 at 9:01pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3917 of 45936/30/14 at 9:13pmpost #3918 of 45936/30/14 at 9:39pm
LOL. Going to see if I can get my D2k plastic cups treated with Urushi lacquer like TH-900's (well, minus the gold and platinum leaf) .
I think if the cups are sanded up on the outside it will provide a "key" for the lacquer to grip.
Edited by Lohb - 6/30/14 at 9:42pmpost #3919 of 45937/1/14 at 6:17ampost #3920 of 45937/1/14 at 6:52am
the D2k is getting some listening time, Deep Ambient Tech really does sound better with the D2k, anything with a real mellow slow bass line works nicely for the D2k, the HE 4 while FASTER HARDER AND SCARIER, doesn't really have the mellow laid back groove of the D2k for Deep Tech and Ambientpost #3921 of 45937/2/14 at 9:02pmpost #3922 of 45937/2/14 at 9:28pmQuote:
D5k and Th-900, which one is better all-round in your opinion ?post #3923 of 45937/2/14 at 9:33pm
I think Denon is the better all rounder. I find it more comfortable and a warmer buttery sound that just makes me happy.
D2000 isn't a lagger either, D5000 just feels like the upgrade from it (maybe 20% better) Mainly, mids sound less recessed to me in D5000.
Edited by TWerk - 7/2/14 at 9:35pmpost #3924 of 45937/2/14 at 9:34pmQuote:
I love the Denon sound. Got my stock D5000 in today as well. My D2000 is at work so can't A/B the two but seems the Lawton mods make a real difference. More to come.post #3925 of 45937/2/14 at 9:36pmQuote:
That is amazing with the price difference. Who the heck tunes the cans for Fostex TH series is what I want to know !
I bet they never even compared the Denon/Fostex graphs during production.post #3926 of 45937/2/14 at 9:40pmQuote:
Just my opinion though. I know many people will disagree with me. I'm also a fan of the PRO 900 which some just despise.
Despite it all, Denon AHD line has to be my favorite of all I've tried. They are just musical, sound great unamped or amped, are super comfortable, and provide a good soundstage. They do so much right. I like the looser bass they provide. TH-900 has tighter bass, but I actually like the looser sounding bass.
Edited by TWerk - 7/2/14 at 9:42pmpost #3927 of 45937/6/14 at 7:02pmpost #3928 of 45937/6/14 at 7:55pmQuote:
I just put the new deeper HM5 memory foam pads on my ones. They are oval though, unless you bond them in a circular position on the retaining ring but they will still be shy 0.5 cm round the white ring.
I left them oval and orientated them to the cable entry port below. For me the ear hole is perfect and I suede-topped them.
They are sub-$25 with free shipping and my biggish ears do not touch the driver and fit inside just perfect.
Edited by Lohb - 7/7/14 at 5:45ampost #3929 of 45937/7/14 at 7:03amQuote:post #3930 of 45937/7/14 at 12:24pmQuote:
LOL..............I sent him that link this morning. I'm running them on my D2000 and for $38 quite impressed. Hard to discern a difference to the Lawton angles pads at double the price.
- Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Astell&Kern AK380 12 seconds ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 16 seconds ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.2 1 minute ago
- › Any DIY cable makers know how to make a cable that looks like this? 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 7 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Impressions thread 8 minutes ago
- › ZMF Omni - Upcoming Semi Open Flagship 8 minutes ago
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › RHA T20 by nmatheis
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › MrSpeakers Ether Planar Magnetic Headphones by Currawong
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)