Yes, do that.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandDenontagged by System, 5/24/10
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 5/24/10
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by System, 5/24/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/12/10
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for new bass headphones Last post on 7/30/12 at 9:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed headphones? Last post on 5/29/12 at 10:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cost VS. SQ Improvement Last post on 9/18/11 at 12:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hello! I am having a hard time choosing between Denon 5k and 7k. Last post on 8/26/10 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon owners respond Last post on 8/26/10 at 10:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I bought this ckr9ltd from AliExpress for 47USD, less than the usual 120USD RRP. Few fellow buyer with original ckr9ltd claimed that this is a real deal. I have no problem whatsoever to believe...
Disclamer. I provided these Sony Z5 for myself just for the sheer sound of it. These were not given to me for any type of review. I am writing these impressions of these works of art due...
Background I ordered my pair of AAW A3H Pros during Black Friday weekend 2015 at a certain group-buying website, hoping to get my feet wet in the world of customs at a price that wouldn't break...
REVIEW - Fiio EM3 Fiio is not a company that needs any introduction. Known for its wide and affordable large Amp and DAC line, and well regarded since the release of the first DAP...
Design/durability: Stellar build quality is one of the highlights of the Rockets. Pretty much every feature of it seems indestructible. The L-shaped jack seems very sturdy and has enough strain...
Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread! - Page 261post #3901 of 48556/30/14 at 7:16am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3902 of 48556/30/14 at 8:21amQuote:Originally Posted by pixelcity
^^yeah the these Denons (D5000, personally) are really capable phones, and have the funnest sound amongst my collection - really easy to reach for. Of course, it also helps I bought these new on clearance making them one of the rare pieces in my vast collection of hobby toys that have actually increased in value . That's academic though; I'll probably never sell them. They will always have a place next to my $$$ phones.
Thanks HeadFi... now I am entertaining trades for HiFiMan HE 500, or maybe LCD 2. It is now up to all of you to talk me out of it.post #3903 of 48556/30/14 at 8:28amQuote:
Do you like the D5000 much more than them?
Edited by TWerk - 6/30/14 at 8:31ampost #3904 of 48556/30/14 at 9:03ampost #3905 of 48556/30/14 at 9:32amQuote:
Those are 2 totally different sounding headphones. When I originally had the D5000's I felt they lacked some clarity and were too bass heavy, but later came to enjoy them for those exact reasons. The 507's were like taking a belt sander to my ear drums. I never came to appreciate them, they sounded very bright and bland at the same time, and the low end presentation felt all wrong. The old Lambda pro's however were very nice and balanced imo.
Only posting that because when you mentioned D5000's and 507's my immediate thought was how opposite those 2 phones are.post #3906 of 48556/30/14 at 9:46am
^ haha I am trying to imagine how much you hate the 507s.
Well, yeah - they are completely different. If you press me for a black and white answer, I like the 507s in nearly every way over the D5000s. That's misleading all by itself. Truth is, I probably need both depending on what mood I am in.
I'm imagining the HE 500s will retain some of the qualities I love about the Denons. Reducing to two generalizations (especially compared to 507): bass slam, fun sound.
I'm sure Denon, HiFiMan, & Stax make a triangle of opposition - Denon being farther away than the other two. I'm willing to trade D5000 sound for something closer to STAX sound. I'm just not about to tie up $$$ in all 3 at once.
Worst case, I hate the HiFiMans and cry myself to sleep clutching a photo of my D5000spost #3907 of 48556/30/14 at 9:51am
Be careful, I didn't like the Hifiman HE-400, but I really do like my D2000. You might want to hold onto the D5000 and compare it to HE-500 before you sell off a headphone that you know you like.post #3908 of 48556/30/14 at 9:57ampost #3909 of 48556/30/14 at 10:15am
I had my HE-500 for about 3 days before I sold it. I couldn't bring myself to like it, and I tried. It was just... boring.. compared to my other cans. I love my D2k though!post #3910 of 48556/30/14 at 12:10pmQuote:
This as well. I loved the Audeze sound 2/3/X....I hated the Hifiman sound (especially the HE500; the 400's were ok for a fun headphone). Owned the 500's for less than a week before I knew it had to go. Sounded all wrong to me....though i know its a fan favorite here on headfi.post #3911 of 48556/30/14 at 12:54pm
I held on to my LA2000 for a while. I got an HE-400 and kept trying to like it, but after 1 month I gave it up. The highs were not only piercing, but they were also a little off in other ways I find difficult to describe. The highs killed HE-400 for me. After I got LCD2 I found that my LA2000 were not getting head time anymore so I sold them. YMMV, but that's how it worked out for me. About a year later and I still have no itch to get any other full sized cans.post #3912 of 48556/30/14 at 1:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by haejuk
I held on to my LA2000 for a while. I got an HE-400 and kept trying to like it, but after 1 month I gave it up. The highs were not only piercing, but they were also a little off in other ways I find difficult to describe. The highs killed HE-400 for me. After I got LCD2 I found that my LA2000 were not getting head time anymore so I sold them. YMMV, but that's how it worked out for me. About a year later and I still have no itch to get any other full sized cans.
I traded my HE 400 for an LA D2000, very good move on my part
how ever I did like the LCD 2, it kinda reminded me of the D2k, with a touch less bass slam and less upper mids.post #3913 of 48556/30/14 at 2:13pmQuote:
Same as everyone here, the sound just isn't as exciting as a Denon.
What really bothered me was the comfort. They feel like you are wearing two bricks on your head.
Very heavy and it's noticeable coming from a light headphone like a Denon.
Not to mention, they leak sound like crazy, but that should be expected from a completely open back headphone. Just not a good choice overall, for me at least.post #3914 of 48556/30/14 at 5:41pm
- Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 15 seconds ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 22 seconds ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 35 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 38 seconds ago
- › LG G5, Possible DAC or Camera modules. Audiophiles enjoy ? 43 seconds ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android + Amp Module... 1 minute ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by AzimAkbar
- › Sony XBA-Z5 Ultimate Hi-Res In Ear Headphone by Dsnuts
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Zelda
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by Voyageur
- › W4S Recovery USB Reclocker by leeperry
- › Noble Audio Kaiser K10UA universal aluminum by Saraguie
- › Somic v2 by mark2410
- › Jays q-JAYS v2.0 by NeObliviscaris
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by avocadobeats123
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...