I'd probably go with the Vibro headband attachment for the T50RP, or a DIY strap. I'm very DIY ;)
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandDenontagged by System, 5/24/10
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 5/24/10
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by System, 5/24/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/12/10
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for new bass headphones Last post on 7/30/12 at 9:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed headphones? Last post on 5/29/12 at 10:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cost VS. SQ Improvement Last post on 9/18/11 at 12:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hello! I am having a hard time choosing between Denon 5k and 7k. Last post on 8/26/10 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon owners respond Last post on 8/26/10 at 10:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be...
iBasso D-Zero MKII Review iBasso is a very common name out there on the forums now, with their DX50 and DX90 gaining a rather large user base. I have reviewed both the DX50 and DX90 and I found...
These headphones generally are excellent. They possess this remarkable mixture of openness and intimacy at the same time. There’s a true sense of soundstage, with a good width and depth and still...
Brainwavz S0 Quick Review Thanks to mp4nation for the sample. Full Review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/743834/brainwavz-s0-review-by-mark2410 Brief: The S5 has a baby...
Over the recent months, Creative has been bursting out some pretty nice portable gears aiming from the basic casual user all the way up to serious audiophiles. Most importantly, they are pricing...
Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread! - Page 260post #3886 of 43216/28/14 at 7:06am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3887 of 43216/28/14 at 7:32amQuote:
Or try the HD650 headband pad. I've put that on every Denon headphone I own and recommend it to the snap on style.post #3888 of 43216/28/14 at 3:11pmQuote:
post #3889 of 43216/29/14 at 7:15am
I have had my d2000s for a while now, and would like to know wether it is worth getting the cups from martin audio, and what pads I should get. I need a recable, because my cable is nearly broken and severely bent in one place (and I find the stock cable a nuisance anyway), and my pads aren't in the best of condition either, with the pleather flaking, and I would like him to repair my headband like he did on punit's, because it is also falling apart. They are still usable, because the pads aren't flaking where they make contact with the ears, the headband damage affects the aesthetics and not the comfort and the cable is also survivable, as I only use them at home. I have heard of success with the alpha pads, HM5 pads and lawton angle pads. I am wondering about the cups because if i ask him to recable them and to replace the headband it would be convenient to also get the cups.
Thanks in advancepost #3890 of 43216/29/14 at 7:28am
If you have the funds, it's worth it to YOU. If you love these headphones (and I own 5 Denons - see sig) they are worth modding.
Q French silk cable would be the ultimate in looks and flexibility (I have it on my D7000 at 4' length), and Martin is a master artist with wood (did my COCOBOLO Rosewood cups on my D2000). Pads - I've tried Alpha pads on three of them, but prefer Lawton angle pads after all is said and done. You can buy a pair of pads off eBay that are so very close to Lawtons pads for less than half the cost (which is now what Is on my D2000) and can't tell the difference.
Have you done any Lawton damping? That's an area I feel is well worth doing.
Keep us posted on your project!
Edited by Oregonian - 6/29/14 at 7:29ampost #3891 of 43216/29/14 at 7:58amI got the deep cocobolo rosewood cups (same as Oregonian) I think it's definately worth it. I'm thinking about doing a copper recable sometime in the future...
I've had a couple of things made for me by Martin he's a true artist took 1-2 months to get my stuff
Edited by KimChee - 6/29/14 at 8:00ampost #3892 of 43216/29/14 at 8:07amQuote:
indeed, Martins a respectable fellow, I also have Colobolo cups by Martin [standard depth]post #3893 of 43216/29/14 at 8:26ampost #3894 of 43216/29/14 at 10:56ampost #3895 of 43216/29/14 at 11:40pmpost #3896 of 43216/30/14 at 12:09am
How is that amp in such pristine condition ? My first system was a vintage Pioneer amp, QED silver anniversary cables, Technics decks and Mission speakers. What a great sound from that combo.post #3897 of 43216/30/14 at 12:13amQuote:
Awesome! What color stain are you going to use?post #3898 of 43216/30/14 at 12:24am
Cherry with Renaissance wax treatment.
Wish I'd waited for paracord before getting my balanced Mogami installed....could have braided each of the 4 cable lines like this...oh well.
Will do it on my LCD-2s.
Just got some HM5 memory foam pads through the mail from Hong Kong and they are in fact deeper as I have the original HM5 and my ears would touch the inner dust filter whereas with these my ears are back from the cone area after A|B'ing the 2 styles....So a good alternative to TH-900 pads if you want a wider and deeper (than HM5 original) internal hole. They are 1 cm smaller than stock so need to be glued to the plastic rings as I could see no way to hook them over the rings unless making the micmacmo (?) inner tube mod.
Edited by Lohb - 6/30/14 at 12:37ampost #3899 of 43216/30/14 at 4:27amQuote:
Bought it from the original owner who drove an hour and a half to meet me because I told him I'm a Pioneer fan.
It really is like new and the walnut looks like new except for two small dings.
Had it tuned up/Deoxit treatment and now it sounds like new. Put it in my family room so I can look at it a lot.post #3900 of 43216/30/14 at 4:30amQuote:
Keep us posted on your progress and more pics as you go if you can. I like the idea of changing the stock Denon cup look.
- Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 1 second ago
- › Etymotic ER4P-24 Never Used 54 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › 1964 Ears 2 minutes ago
- › **PRICE DROP**Mr Speakers MAD DOG 3.2 + DOGGIE TREATS + cables 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Suggestions on a $150 budget for strictly music listening 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › Dark Voice 339 4 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by djvkool
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import) by Mink
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by mark2410
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by ClieOS
- › Blue Microphones Mo-Fi Powered High-Fidelity Headphones with... by MacedonianHero
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › Cowon iAUDIO 7 16Gb by Climber
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheHeadPhoneGuy
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundApprentice
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)