I'd probably go with the Vibro headband attachment for the T50RP, or a DIY strap. I'm very DIY ;)
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandDenontagged by System, 5/24/10
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 5/24/10
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by System, 5/24/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/12/10
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for new bass headphones Last post on 7/30/12 at 9:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed headphones? Last post on 5/29/12 at 10:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cost VS. SQ Improvement Last post on 9/18/11 at 12:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hello! I am having a hard time choosing between Denon 5k and 7k. Last post on 8/26/10 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon owners respond Last post on 8/26/10 at 10:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Noble BTS Review by HiFiChris Preamble: Before I start with my actual review, I want to thank Noble Audio and especially Brannan Mason for providing me with a sample of the BTS for my...
Head-Fi, Fiio X5 and me I came out of my lurking in January 2014 to join Head-Fi, I was looking for a DAP to replace my Creative Zen X-Fi's whose display had a 'black ink' spreading...
Foreword: I'm a production manager, but focus mostly on sound engineering. I install and tune a lot of P.A equipment, and also mix live acts in : - live venues, - concert halls, - bars, and -...
For me, they are the best ever. Maybe someday i'll listen to something 'better'? Well, we'll see. PD: The Highs can bother some people with their 2k and 8-9k peaks. For me it's fine, but it's...
In terms of design it is good looking and cofortable. Usb is meaningless to me, my laptops built-in sound card is better sounding than that usb. Sounding bad for its price. Still is good for casual...
Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread! - Page 260post #3886 of 46136/28/14 at 7:06am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3887 of 46136/28/14 at 7:32amQuote:
Or try the HD650 headband pad. I've put that on every Denon headphone I own and recommend it to the snap on style.post #3888 of 46136/28/14 at 3:11pmQuote:
post #3889 of 46136/29/14 at 7:15am
I have had my d2000s for a while now, and would like to know wether it is worth getting the cups from martin audio, and what pads I should get. I need a recable, because my cable is nearly broken and severely bent in one place (and I find the stock cable a nuisance anyway), and my pads aren't in the best of condition either, with the pleather flaking, and I would like him to repair my headband like he did on punit's, because it is also falling apart. They are still usable, because the pads aren't flaking where they make contact with the ears, the headband damage affects the aesthetics and not the comfort and the cable is also survivable, as I only use them at home. I have heard of success with the alpha pads, HM5 pads and lawton angle pads. I am wondering about the cups because if i ask him to recable them and to replace the headband it would be convenient to also get the cups.
Thanks in advancepost #3890 of 46136/29/14 at 7:28am
If you have the funds, it's worth it to YOU. If you love these headphones (and I own 5 Denons - see sig) they are worth modding.
Q French silk cable would be the ultimate in looks and flexibility (I have it on my D7000 at 4' length), and Martin is a master artist with wood (did my COCOBOLO Rosewood cups on my D2000). Pads - I've tried Alpha pads on three of them, but prefer Lawton angle pads after all is said and done. You can buy a pair of pads off eBay that are so very close to Lawtons pads for less than half the cost (which is now what Is on my D2000) and can't tell the difference.
Have you done any Lawton damping? That's an area I feel is well worth doing.
Keep us posted on your project!
Edited by Oregonian - 6/29/14 at 7:29ampost #3891 of 46136/29/14 at 7:58amI got the deep cocobolo rosewood cups (same as Oregonian) I think it's definately worth it. I'm thinking about doing a copper recable sometime in the future...
I've had a couple of things made for me by Martin he's a true artist took 1-2 months to get my stuff
Edited by KimChee - 6/29/14 at 8:00ampost #3892 of 46136/29/14 at 8:07amQuote:
indeed, Martins a respectable fellow, I also have Colobolo cups by Martin [standard depth]post #3893 of 46136/29/14 at 8:26ampost #3894 of 46136/29/14 at 10:56ampost #3895 of 46136/29/14 at 11:40pmpost #3896 of 46136/30/14 at 12:09am
How is that amp in such pristine condition ? My first system was a vintage Pioneer amp, QED silver anniversary cables, Technics decks and Mission speakers. What a great sound from that combo.post #3897 of 46136/30/14 at 12:13amQuote:
Awesome! What color stain are you going to use?post #3898 of 46136/30/14 at 12:24am
Cherry with Renaissance wax treatment.
Wish I'd waited for paracord before getting my balanced Mogami installed....could have braided each of the 4 cable lines like this...oh well.
Will do it on my LCD-2s.
Just got some HM5 memory foam pads through the mail from Hong Kong and they are in fact deeper as I have the original HM5 and my ears would touch the inner dust filter whereas with these my ears are back from the cone area after A|B'ing the 2 styles....So a good alternative to TH-900 pads if you want a wider and deeper (than HM5 original) internal hole. They are 1 cm smaller than stock so need to be glued to the plastic rings as I could see no way to hook them over the rings unless making the micmacmo (?) inner tube mod.
Edited by Lohb - 6/30/14 at 12:37ampost #3899 of 46136/30/14 at 4:27amQuote:
Bought it from the original owner who drove an hour and a half to meet me because I told him I'm a Pioneer fan.
It really is like new and the walnut looks like new except for two small dings.
Had it tuned up/Deoxit treatment and now it sounds like new. Put it in my family room so I can look at it a lot.post #3900 of 46136/30/14 at 4:30amQuote:
Keep us posted on your progress and more pics as you go if you can. I like the idea of changing the stock Denon cup look.
- Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › New Beyerdynamic T1 2nd Edition 22 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 31 seconds ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 (Wireless Noise Cancelling On-Ear... 4 minutes ago
- › Fit for a Bat! – Flagship IEMs Shootout (Reviewed: #8:CT6E, #7:H8P,... 8 minutes ago
- › DAP Challenge Chart (Including 22 Portable Sources, Lotoo Paw 5000... 10 minutes ago
- › Auditioned Sennheiser HD-26 PRO 11 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...(previously 6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype) 12 minutes ago
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 13 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio BTS by HiFiChris
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Cagin
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by White Lotus
- › Etymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphones by ElMarcado
- › G430 Gaming Headset by Gonomon
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by Gonomon
- › MSB Analog by negura
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by kar13
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by YoYo JoKeR
- › Ultrasone Edition 5 unlimited by hechlok
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3