I'd probably go with the Vibro headband attachment for the T50RP, or a DIY strap. I'm very DIY ;)
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandDenontagged by System, 5/24/10
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 5/24/10
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by System, 5/24/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/12/10
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for new bass headphones Last post on 7/30/12 at 9:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed headphones? Last post on 5/29/12 at 10:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cost VS. SQ Improvement Last post on 9/18/11 at 12:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hello! I am having a hard time choosing between Denon 5k and 7k. Last post on 8/26/10 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon owners respond Last post on 8/26/10 at 10:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
IntroductionWhen I first reviewed Schiit Audio's original Modi/Vali stack many moons ago, I walked away very impressed to say the least. Not only was it a cost effective solution for the budding...
1. Introduction The Prophile-8, a 8 balanced armature in-ear monitor, is the new flagship from well-established German brand In-ear. So far the brand had an offering going from 2 to 4 driver...
Video Review It's not unusual to find a headphone or IEM manufacturer to branch out into making their own amps, and then their own cables, but Ken Ball is one of two people who have gone in...
Warm, good sounding player with no harshness. Spacious and natural sound. Easy to listen for long time without any fatigue. Fiio x5 II sounds more neutral and analytical with harshness on upper...
Introduction: I love music and I love good quality sound and this is my hobby. I prefer to find the best portable setups available as I do not like to be stationary. I do not want to be...
Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread! - Page 260post #3886 of 49696/28/14 at 7:06am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3887 of 49696/28/14 at 7:32amQuote:
Or try the HD650 headband pad. I've put that on every Denon headphone I own and recommend it to the snap on style.post #3888 of 49696/28/14 at 3:11pmQuote:
post #3889 of 49696/29/14 at 7:15am
I have had my d2000s for a while now, and would like to know wether it is worth getting the cups from martin audio, and what pads I should get. I need a recable, because my cable is nearly broken and severely bent in one place (and I find the stock cable a nuisance anyway), and my pads aren't in the best of condition either, with the pleather flaking, and I would like him to repair my headband like he did on punit's, because it is also falling apart. They are still usable, because the pads aren't flaking where they make contact with the ears, the headband damage affects the aesthetics and not the comfort and the cable is also survivable, as I only use them at home. I have heard of success with the alpha pads, HM5 pads and lawton angle pads. I am wondering about the cups because if i ask him to recable them and to replace the headband it would be convenient to also get the cups.
Thanks in advancepost #3890 of 49696/29/14 at 7:28am
If you have the funds, it's worth it to YOU. If you love these headphones (and I own 5 Denons - see sig) they are worth modding.
Q French silk cable would be the ultimate in looks and flexibility (I have it on my D7000 at 4' length), and Martin is a master artist with wood (did my COCOBOLO Rosewood cups on my D2000). Pads - I've tried Alpha pads on three of them, but prefer Lawton angle pads after all is said and done. You can buy a pair of pads off eBay that are so very close to Lawtons pads for less than half the cost (which is now what Is on my D2000) and can't tell the difference.
Have you done any Lawton damping? That's an area I feel is well worth doing.
Keep us posted on your project!
Edited by Oregonian - 6/29/14 at 7:29ampost #3891 of 49696/29/14 at 7:58amI got the deep cocobolo rosewood cups (same as Oregonian) I think it's definately worth it. I'm thinking about doing a copper recable sometime in the future...
I've had a couple of things made for me by Martin he's a true artist took 1-2 months to get my stuff
Edited by KimChee - 6/29/14 at 8:00ampost #3892 of 49696/29/14 at 8:07amQuote:
indeed, Martins a respectable fellow, I also have Colobolo cups by Martin [standard depth]post #3893 of 49696/29/14 at 8:26ampost #3894 of 49696/29/14 at 10:56ampost #3895 of 49696/29/14 at 11:40pmpost #3896 of 49696/30/14 at 12:09am
How is that amp in such pristine condition ? My first system was a vintage Pioneer amp, QED silver anniversary cables, Technics decks and Mission speakers. What a great sound from that combo.post #3897 of 49696/30/14 at 12:13amQuote:
Awesome! What color stain are you going to use?post #3898 of 49696/30/14 at 12:24am
Cherry with Renaissance wax treatment.
Wish I'd waited for paracord before getting my balanced Mogami installed....could have braided each of the 4 cable lines like this...oh well.
Will do it on my LCD-2s.
Just got some HM5 memory foam pads through the mail from Hong Kong and they are in fact deeper as I have the original HM5 and my ears would touch the inner dust filter whereas with these my ears are back from the cone area after A|B'ing the 2 styles....So a good alternative to TH-900 pads if you want a wider and deeper (than HM5 original) internal hole. They are 1 cm smaller than stock so need to be glued to the plastic rings as I could see no way to hook them over the rings unless making the micmacmo (?) inner tube mod.
Edited by Lohb - 6/30/14 at 12:37ampost #3899 of 49696/30/14 at 4:27amQuote:
Bought it from the original owner who drove an hour and a half to meet me because I told him I'm a Pioneer fan.
It really is like new and the walnut looks like new except for two small dings.
Had it tuned up/Deoxit treatment and now it sounds like new. Put it in my family room so I can look at it a lot.post #3900 of 49696/30/14 at 4:30amQuote:
Keep us posted on your progress and more pics as you go if you can. I like the idea of changing the stock Denon cup look.
- Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 58 seconds ago
- › Hifiman RE-262 58 seconds ago
- › Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - 👌 screenless budget... 1 minute ago
- › ZMF Ori (Omni) - Upcoming Semi Open Flagship 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing... 2 minutes ago
- › Objectivists board room 2 minutes ago
- › The Zishan dsd's corner 2 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 4 minutes ago
- › Is Magni 2 an ok fit for AKG K712 Pro? 6 minutes ago
- › Review: Final Audio Design Heaven VI 7 minutes ago
- › Schiit Modi Multibit by Trogdor
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by Mimouille
- › Campfire Audio Vega by Currawong
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr. Hi-Res Music Player 64GB by vincik
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by subguy812
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by suman134
- › Fostex TH 900 by Scott Branham
- › AKG K403 by IkuMiku96
- › MusicMaker Ting by Redcarmoose
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mgunin
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear