Orge I'd love to get a pair of used Lawton or Aplha Pds for my new D2k :D, u gatta hook me up brah!
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandDenontagged by System, 5/24/10
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 5/24/10
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by System, 5/24/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/12/10
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for new bass headphones Last post on 7/30/12 at 9:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed headphones? Last post on 5/29/12 at 10:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cost VS. SQ Improvement Last post on 9/18/11 at 12:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hello! I am having a hard time choosing between Denon 5k and 7k. Last post on 8/26/10 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon owners respond Last post on 8/26/10 at 10:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Shozy has kindly provided me a review unit in exchange for the honest opinion. They are in active use for about 6 months. I should first note that my experience with IEM is a bit limited by now, so...
INTRODUCTION: I would like to thank @Jack Vang of Empire Ears, for the discount on my purchase of the Zeus-XIV-ADEL Custom IEM and for giving me the opportunity to review the IEM. I would also...
This is by far the closest I have come to writing a 5 star review. Of course to get that, I would have to find the holy grail of headphones for me. I had tried the HD558, HD598, HD650, and...
These are *fantastic* for the price. Compared side by side to some old Sennheiser MX500s, that cost at least 4x as much, the Monk+ absolutely wipes the floor - they are hugely superior. Warm...
Acknowledgment Thanks, @Andykong at Cayin, and @Takeanidea for organizing the UK wing of the worldwide extravaganza of i5 tour. It is always an honour to work with great companies and dear...
Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread! - Page 214post #3196 of 496912/31/13 at 7:36am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3197 of 496912/31/13 at 1:22pm
Using all I've got buddy...................the spare alpha set went on my Q40 and the Lawtons are staying on my D7000.
Keep looking in the classifieds - I just missed out on a pair of Alpha's for $48. And I see J$ pads fairly regularly, tho I wasn't impressed with them and sold my pair.post #3198 of 496912/31/13 at 4:24pm
Any one out there by chance driving their D5000's with a Schiit Modi or Asgard 2? Thinking about pickup both of these and wondering if they will sound good with the D5000's so they can do double duty with my HE-400's.post #3199 of 496912/31/13 at 10:59pm
I really like the way the TH600 looks....My D2K is looking warily at me while I inch towards the flat black paint...post #3200 of 49691/1/14 at 4:28am
Whoever said these things were built cheaply, you must just be a beast, because the screws and all the parts, small or not, were built like a tank. They used Loctite on EVERYTHING, and it was all super tight. I was struggling at some points to loosen the screws without breaking something. I made a video of some of it so people can see how to take apart the headband but am not sure if I'll be uploading it. The camera angle wasn't the best and it would need some editing. It will be on my computers hard drive for now.
Parts to be black...
I won't be defacing the D2000 cups, but I will be plasti-dipping them black. It's completely removable, but everything else won't be. But, IDC. Denon Darth2000.
Also, the headband adjustment pieces are taped off rather than disassembled because I couldn't loosen the screws and didn't want to bend or break either of the pieces they are going through. Tape will have to do, the paint won't stick to anything stainless anyway, I'll just chip it off if I have to.
Edited by PETEREK - 1/1/14 at 4:30ampost #3201 of 49691/1/14 at 5:00ampost #3202 of 49691/1/14 at 6:29am
I still have to go get the paint for it. I had a little courage to take them apart (Southern Comfort), so I did. I'll get to the painting here within the next 24 hours though.post #3203 of 49691/1/14 at 6:55ampost #3204 of 49691/1/14 at 7:20ampost #3205 of 49691/1/14 at 8:03amI am new. To this site so I can't post them up yet. My husband bought them and was trying to keep them new as long as he could. He has a few other sets he uses. He basically checked them out and then put them away for safe keeping. Thank you for the suggestion. I do appreciate it!post #3206 of 49691/1/14 at 9:39amQuote:Originally Posted by cabundy2105
I am new. To this site so I can't post them up yet. My husband bought them and was trying to keep them new as long as he could. He has a few other sets he uses. He basically checked them out and then put them away for safe keeping. Thank you for the suggestion. I do appreciate it!
That's a nice item to KEEP. Should fetch about $450-500 if you go by what the typical sell price has been on our for sale boards.
I say this only because I've not only owned them, sold them, but watch out for the entire Denon family on the for sale board regularly. My favorite sound signature, to include the Fostex TH900, former builders of the earlier Denon's.
Good luck with sale - should move quickly if he indeed wants to sell them.post #3207 of 49691/1/14 at 9:42ampost #3208 of 49691/1/14 at 3:56pm
Which would be more worth the cost (about the same price total):
1) D2000 (w/ Lawton mod + Angle pads)
2) D5000 (unmodded, original pads)
(fyi--I'm still having trouble finding a near-mint condition pair of D2000s for a reasonable price. If anyone knows someone or some place that's selling a near-mint or new pair, please let me know!)post #3209 of 49691/1/14 at 4:00pm
- Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › USB Strikes Back! Watch out AOIP - USB/Ethernet Chain beats All... 21 seconds ago
- › Combo Music and TV Headphones? 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Fulla 2 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 1 minute ago
- › JH Audio Rosie Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Modi Multibit or something else? 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 3 minutes ago
- › Fostex T40RP MK3/T20RP MK2 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony NW-WM1Z/ NW-WM1A Flagship DAP (Live From IFA 2016) 4 minutes ago
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mgunin
- › Empire Ears Zeus by EagleWings
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by snapacap
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by spronkey
- › Cayin i5 by glassmonkey
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by cleg
- › qdc Balanced armature type (BA type) 3SH （QDC-4024） by prismstorm
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Denon AH-D600 by theminstrel
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear